Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy there,

almost 2 and half years ago I took MB test for the first time. I was ISFJ type ,which was correct, at that time. But I took the test again half year ago and I was surprised with result - it changed to INTP type. So,I wanna know is it possible that test "got it" wrong?
I repeated it several times and it was same.

:confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes, its very possible that the test was wrong. it actually isn't all that accurate. it would be best to decide what your type is based on which one you think fits you the best.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aware it isn't all that accurate but it is really more comfortable for me to function like this - guess INTP way. That's why it is so hard to believe. Although, there were some breaking point in a past 2 years. I gave credits to maturity. On the other hand, who says that ISFJ "phase" was really me? *just a thought*

Either way, thanks for the opinion.

·
Registered
456 Posts
INTP's and ISFJ's share every jungian functions, but in a different order: Ti Ne Si Fe for INTP, and Si Fe Ti Ne for ISFJ. In theory, a very well balanced INTP and ISFJ could look similar.
Like jarjarguy said, the tests are unreliable. Your answers will change based on life events or your perception of yourself.
Read about the different types, or even better learn how the functions interacts with themself, if you truly want to find your type.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Yeah, ISFJs are probably the most similar F types out there to INTPs on average (due to all of the same cognitive functions in a rather close order), especially in communication styles, which tend to be fundamentally the same, although the ISFJs bring more Fe to the table over Ne, while INTPs bring more Ne to the table over Fe, and the inferior function displays are weaker relative to the other, of course. I've noticed that types that are each others' other halves, cognitive function-wise (e.g. INTPs and ISFJs) tend to mirror each others' communication styles, but just with different cognitive function extremes. For example, all of the following below I've found to have essentially the same interaction styles, just "colored" differently based on cognitive function placement:

INTJ/ISFP (Ni-Te-Fi-Se/Fi-Se-Ni-Te)

ISTJ/INFP (Si-Te-Fi-Ne/Fi-Ne-Si-Te)

ISTP/INFJ (Ti-Se-Ni-Fe/Ni-Fe-Ti-Se)

ISFJ/INTP

etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts