Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll go :joyous:.

Something I admire about myself is that I see the positive in what can be seen as 'dark' situations. Or, rather I see the shades of gray in life's difficulties so I am able to focus on things that are positive and can get people through (including myself). Basically, I am aware of my own resilience in my own difficulties in life, so I readily recognize that in others.

It also makes it incredibly difficult to give up anyone (myself included). And, I admire that I don't give up.

Now hopefully someone else will put something soon so it doesn't seem I'm bragging here...:tongue2:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I hate a great many of my traits for a vast multitude of reasons, but I have never really hated myself. That's because there is one trait I have, in particular, that I admire: My mental fortitude.

Empirically speaking, the expression is meaningless, but the thought of being psychologically tough means something to me - I'm brave in the face of existential crises, I'm determined despite low self-esteem, and I'm unyielding even as depression tries to rip my mind asunder. I've spent the past eight years on a rollercoaster of despair and emptiness and never lost hope that things will somehow be alright in the end. I've battled my deepest fears and darkest thoughts for as long as I can remember, but have never once seriously contemplated suicide. Even though my body may be skinny and frail, I'm still the undisputed champion of my mind.

And no matter what I've endured (or will endure), I will keep moving forward. There are many things I dislike about myself, there will be many traits I will hate even more, and all of it is subject to change. But one thing will never change: My will cannot be broken no matter how many improvements I need.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm empathetic and I'm not insensitive. I put all my negative feelings into something meaningful (and consequently depressing) creative works and I'm not even sharing the biggest downers I wrote. I can draw and paint well for my age. I also write stuff up pretty well but I know I have yet to reach a creative peak. I'm not ignorant. I know I'm intelligent and I could kick the crap out of our valedictorian's grades if I wasn't this lazy. I like how my peers both want to humorously offend me and at the same time genuinely respect me for what I can do. And, more than anything else, I cherish the fact that once I start loving something, I never stop. It keeps growing and growing like the Tree of Wisdom from Plants vs Zombies. Even if said person/thing would probably turn off others. And I know deep inside that I could probably make a real difference if I really work on it. And I'm still pretty insistent that I'm not cool.

Also, despite being super introverted, I can survive metal concerts and do extreme vocals. I also have perfect pitch hearing.

Modesty code is obviously off.

Oh right. I'm still 15.

Please. Forgive me.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,615 Posts
I like that I have a good sense of aesthetic, know how to put items together carefully - I often spend a lot of time thinking about future fashion ideas or thinking up new sources of inspiration. I think im pretty smart in many ways, I never used to think this as I was in bottom sets in most subjects at school(school was a very difficult time in my life though) but I recently took some formal IQ tests and other various tests that score different types of intelligence - I scored in the top 10% in the IQ test and scored high in visual intelligence. So that was a real confidence boost ^_^

I spend some much time contemplating, working out the nature of things to improve life, to build strong philosophies.

I am very in touch with nature/animals, I value these parts of existence very highly and do what I can to preserve them.

I have a strong bullshit detector and don't like to mince my words if I can, people are turned off by that but the truth is more important so aim to seek it and share it. Im very attuned to the world around me, to the injustices, misinformation, lack of democracy and corruption. I need authenticity in my life, without this, life can be toxic. But I do have patience for people's flaws and like to offer advice for their life issues if I have it. My advice is usually well considered.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I'm not sure there are things I admire about myself exactly, this is not to say I'm all mopey and filled with self loathing, I have some very good traits but I'm not sure admiration is an appropriate description of how I feel about them. I do the things I do because it's in my nature to do so, not for the appreciation of self or others. I spent some time in my youth trying to be someone who I thought I should be, or who I thought others wanted me to be, it was a mess, eventually I gave that up and just acted as I felt comfortable and right (within myself) doing and I was much happier and others seem to have mostly responded to it well. I don't exactly admire these traits of mine as I didn't work for them they aren't accomplishments so much as my intrinsic nature, but I appreciate them.

I can be very brave, when things are going really wrong and most people are running away I always seem to find myself running towards the problem and trying to help. I like that about myself even if at times it makes me question my sanity.
I love to learn new things, virtually everything is interesting to me, this keeps me from being bored and it means I'm always changing my perspective on the world due to adding and incorporating new knowledge.
I have compassion for people in general, I'm not a saint by any means but I care what happens to people, family, friends or strangers it doesn't really matter. When I'm able I help others, when I can't I still try to find ways for them to be helped.
I also make really good soups, okay that is something I suppose I admire about myself. When I make soups in the winter my friends will drive over an hour to come get a bowl, I love that. Actually I cook well in general, my family swears my burgers and steaks are better than are available in restaurants, they're wrong of course, but they are quite good and its nice that they appreciate them so much.

I've been described by people with very pretty words, had people say really nice things about me. It's very flattering but I try not to take it too much to heart lest I find myself trying to be those things and thusly putting on a mask. They said those sweet things about me because I was being myself, if I try too hard to live up to those labels than I wouldn't be myself but some simulacrum of others expectations of me, and even if they did still appreciate and compliment me and such it wouldn't be me they appreciated but the false front.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I admire my ability to get lost. I can completely escape reality through avidly watching movies, reading books, listening to music, or even just dreaming about nice scenarios. I don't have to deal with problems right away. I can store the bad things deep inside until I'm ready.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a strong bullshit detector and don't like to mince my words if I can, people are turned off by that but the truth is more important so aim to seek it and share it.
I love how this INFP at my previous work can see through all my bullshit & insult me. (Of course, I always come back with revenge! lol) INFP-ENTP feels like siblings-type of relationship with lots of cat fight and Ne banter. :3

·
Registered
148 Posts
I really find it hard to someone,I try to understand what they are feeling and where they are coming from. Sometimes it can be a weakness but I think it's good to be empathic, if more people can be as such this world would be a little better IMO

I can " sense" things that people don't see. Either it's something that's really subtle or hasn't happened yet

Although I don't agree with this but people say I'm pretty rational. They say I'm good at making problems simpler

I'm good at making metaphors right at the spot, really helps to explaining things to people

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I admire my ability to get lost. I can completely escape reality through avidly watching movies, reading books, listening to music, or even just dreaming about nice scenarios. I don't have to deal with problems right away. I can store the bad things deep inside until I'm ready.
I love what you wrote!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I admire my inner strength the most. No matter how horrible things may seem, or how far down the rabbit hole I may be, I am always able to get through it. I just know that everything will work out one way or another and I guess I accept all outcomes in my mind and let things flow.

Besides that, I have some pretty rad dance moves :p haha

5,146 Posts
Faith, Hate and Ignorance (Codex: Tyranids (4th Edition), page 17)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm often told I'm kind and "smiley". Had they not told me I probably would've never realized this. I believe in being treated the way you want to be treated. Which is hard sometimes because not everybody is like this.
I'm able to be the bigger person and be nice and forgive even though I'm not being treated right.
I feel love so deeply.
I mess up a lot, and will continue to do so forever. But what I admire about myself is that I can eventually see my faults and think of ways I can change for the better.
I'm thankful for a beautiful relationship with Jesus. I know not everybody knows Him or wants to know Him or even believes He is real for that matter. But I'm blessed to know that He is real and He is love. I feel very rich in this way.
I'm in awe to the fact I have survived everything life has thrown at me. Despite going through things I would wish on nobody I am now standing tall and well. I'm able to love, care, forgive and grow.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I wrote a Beyblade fanfic where the second coming of Christ plunges his fist into the Antichrist's stomach in a scene that could actually be considered shonen ai.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts