Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Anyone ever make bubbles? "True confessions department" here folks. I make bubbles sometimes. Not just any ole bubbles tho, giant ones - frum a 2 or 3 gallon bucket/pail. . And I mean gigantic bubbles. Like 2, 3 sometimes 4 feet in diameter and 10, 15, 20 feet long kinda gigantic ass bubbles. Only when, during the summer tho when I'm hangin out somewhere on Lake Michigan..........

<<<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

I have a lot of fun with it. Get up on top of my truck with my pail of liquid future bubble mix and my bubble makin tools and listen to tunes, get drunk on gin & gingers and make big fukkin bubbles. Its the secret to beach Niravnna & happiness and IF there is a moralistic god, I'm thinkin no day you spend gettin drunk on a beach makin big ass bubbles will be held against you.

If there does happen to be any kids around they go kra kra chasin bubbles, too. You ever see the smiles & look of "glo" on a lil kids face when they're at the beach chasin a gigantic 15 foot long rainbow colored bubble? That was born atop of my truck frum a slight breeze? Huh, have you? That as good as life gets folks. Jus sayin.......

My recipe:
Some telescopic collapsible antenna - I like the old car kind but there's others. You can use small diameter round wood ones too.

Cotton string - no man made stuff. Gotta be 100% Cotton string. The kind one wood knit or crochet with.

Depending on the diameter you want , the length will vary but I generally use about a 3:1 ration with the "1" tied to the antennae and the "3" forming the lower hanging loop.

1 tbl spoon of glycerin
1 tbl spoon corn syrup
1 gallon Distilled water gotta be distilled if you want the best, jus sayin
2 tbl spoon Dawn dish soap ; I've found to be the best

Be careful when you mix this stuff all together, cause you gotta do it SLOW cause you don't want the stuff to turn into suds!
I generally will mix up a batch the night before I'm planning on using it cause then it sorta all gets blended together in a nice bubble makin solution overnight and ready to go the next day.

Relatively calm to slight breeze days are best as if its to windy it just won't work the excessive wind speed will destroy your bubbles before they even leave the string. There's some more techniques to this too as there's an art to makin realy good gigantic kik ass bubbles that will float & gyrate thru the air as well as have a beautiful rainbow color.

OK - now you know for sure, if there was any doubt, that I really am KRAZY.......
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Spain BW 1.jpg

Another step in improvement

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
something i did.

IMG_20200405_195315.jpg

see how the tip of the long one is bent? I found both of these in the down pipe of my kitchen sink today. had to break the tip of the black one against the edge of the bend, then fiddle around until i could get at the next half inch, break that, repeat, until finally it started to enter the u part of the bend properly and i could get a grip on it and pull it out. the short one may be plastic, in which case thank fuck it is short. no covid was spread and no money was spent on accomplishing this.

I've never seen these before. this means they were probably already there when we moved in. we don't use chopsticks at home anyway; and after this I'm never going to, either.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
even better is that one goose beside him, foreground side - go and look.

@knght990, that is an awesome photo
Yup, that goose is like, 'Who do you think your foolin?"

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Slow cooked grits in chicken stock with bacon and scrambled eggs IMG_20200414_0823022.jpg

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
I meant to do this. 1588307357332-1188762619.jpg yeah right. It isn't attractively posed, but it's a sort of two-tone meringue with toasted almonds in it. Or, it's almond brittle that's partly based on meringue.

Was originally nougat but that didn't work out [twice]. I mcgyvered a rescue on the second attempt and got this, which is a better outcome than it / I deserve, iyam.

Lockdown is doing things like this to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
<<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

Made me a gun rack out of some semi-junk boards I found. Used a hand saw and a large rat tail file; nailed it together and mounted it in bedroom of The Box. Frum top, my paratrooper model SKS Carbine, Ruger .22 rimfire Carbine and my old reconfigured .410 bolt shotgun.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts