Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am 17 years old and my name is Lia. For almost a year now I've been noticing a weird behavior of my dad. I think he might be cheating on my mother but obviously I wouldn't know for sure even though I have some proof and I am an INFJ. Intuition, you know.
But I've read a part of a chat log the time he forgot to log out of his account on his work computer and the woman texted him like "I miss you" and he was like "I'm coming to (the city she probably lives in) next weekend to see you". Something like that. I turned off the PC after reading that part because I felt like I was getting a panic attack..
Okay so I never told my mom about this because 1. I never really talk to her about stuff (not even my elementary school crushes) and 2. I wouldn't want my family to be ripped apart if he actually was cheating.
Anyway, yesterday evening my mom went to lay down in my older brothers bed (he moved out a couple years ago) and now it's 3PM and she's still lying there.
My little brother, who is 10, was with her for a while and told me she was sick and she doesn't want company..?
Today is Father's Day here. My dad is not at home. I called him and apparently he's out with two friends.
Oh some time ago my dad gets my mom a lot of flowers. There's a bunch of roses still in the wrapping paper on the dining table.
Guys... I don't know what to do. This sounds like an episode of a drama series and I really wish it was but yeah.. it's not. Help me, please.

PS: Sorry for my bad English..
PPS: I also know that I am a horrible daughter for being afraid to talk to my mom right now but f*ck I really don't know what to say.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You need to be sure of the situation. Is the lady your dad was talking to is actually someone he's dating ? I wonder. Even a good friend has the right to say, I miss you. Don't be so inclined to that thought. Things are going a bit different for your mom though. She might be going through a rough time. Talk to her about it. Act like an optimist even if you aren't. Be calm while doing so. Don't blame yourself over it, all people need a bit of time to get over something. I am a first child and I know that parents have a really different kind of attachment, the kind that ends up making some of us defiant towards them.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
NotBatman? It's been a few days. You doing ok?

I was just now seeing your OP, and have no good advice. You might not have enough facts to know what's going on, though intuition can either be pretty spot on or miss the mark completely. I would be more concerned about what you DO know, that your mom seems to be hurting. Being a mom of a 16YO and a 19YO, I can tell you, we moms are pretty protective of our grown/nearly grown kids, and therefore unlikely to share anything that might frighten or otherwise upset them. There might be some way to offer to listen, while assuring her that you are mature enough to roll with it, but that you would sincerely like to be allowed to help.

I hope that things settle down for you. This sounds like a rough one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts