Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I've noticed that I really struggle with remembering important information. I'll remeber it at first, but once I focus on another task, it will "go right out the door."

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Hello everyone,
I've noticed that I really struggle with remembering important information. I'll remeber it at first, but once I focus on another task, it will "go right out the door."
Your profile is a little lean, so I will be a little more broad in my answer. ISTJs that are forgetting things are:

• Normal--Everyone forgets stuff sometimes. As an ISTJ approaches middle age, they mellow quite a bit and will become a bit more forgetful. This can be alarming to family members and sometimes the individual. It is a normal process and is not cause for concern.
  • Stressed--Younger ISTJs that are forgetting items tend to fall in this category. Too much stress and systems start shutting down as a self protection action.
  • Combination--At any age you can encounter stress. But a combination of aging and stress is common and can cause forgetfulness.
BTW, we are known for our lists and list making. Take the time to organize your activities. You will be a lot less stressed if you do so. Look into FranklinCovey planners and software if you want the very best in organizational tools.

HTH

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
I agree. Stress can cause a lot of problems. Even if we don't *think* we are stressed, little things can add up. In fact, I think it's part of the reason I've been sick; I had finals at college last week (I work full-time and go to school full-time also), had to get re-certified on CPR/First Aid, and work my normal work schedule. Even we ISTJ's aren't indestructible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh Sela, you sound like me. I have to do CPR/First Aid again too!

But in regards to your post, Jacon, I definitely have problems remembering things. I find I'm not an auditory learner so much as a visual one. So I'll remember it more if I've seen it, versus someone just telling me something (i.e. draw me a picture). Also, I find it helps so much more if you write it down. Which would explain why I love my logbook. SUCH a useful little book.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
General CPR/First Aid is behind me now. Still need to do the wilderness version. *sigh*

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, I'm starting to wonder. The first two times I took the test it said I was a ISTJ. But I just took it again and said that I was a ENFJ. Funny, my ex-girlfriend is a ENFJ and we were complete opposites.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Wow, I'm starting to wonder. The first two times I took the test it said I was a ISTJ. But I just took it again and said that I was a ENFJ. Funny, my ex-girlfriend is a ENFJ and we were complete opposites.
None of the tests are 100% accurate, and some of them can be pretty inaccurate. You must also understand the question and you must answer it how you really are, not how you'd like to be. It also depends on your percentage score. For example, if you consistently score 5% N vs. S, then for all practical purposes, you feel equally comfortable in either the intuitive function or the sensing function.

Read the profiles of the type you test like and see if that describes you. If tested correctly, it will be pretty close.

HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts