Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(rant thread)

No really. I do. I cannot express the anger that I have right now. I have a red mohawk and dress in I suppose stereotypical "punker" outfitting. Now I expect to get weird looks and not being treated nearly as well as someone else, but some people treat me like a fucking animal and its frustrating. I've had a lot of people verbally abuse me in public, threatened, mugged, and today someone threw a cup full of some yellow shit on me. Really? Is any of that necessary? I mean the verbal comments are bad enough but people are starting to throw shit at me from cars...

Sorry, I just REALLY feel the need to vent and explode out... Gah..

4,757 Posts
People can be so stupid and superficial and prejudiced and gah. I'm sorry you're exposed to their idiotic ignorance.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I've had to put up with abuse like this off people since Primary school all the way til this day simply because I don't look or act as the mainstream trends and culture, What do they get out of it? I don't know but it's pretty sad and pathetic.
I never used to stand up to these people but as I've grown I have and they always back down unless they're in their group. Doesn't make me feel better but it makes them leave me alone most of the time.

I don't understand why people hate on others simply because of looks, What kind of narrow thoughts are flowing through their minds to throw this abuse?

·
Banned
656 Posts

I dress different but it is rare for me to get that kind of reaction from people. Though I did go through an emotional rough patch where it seemed like everyone was being very jerky with me and acting like I was the one with the problem. I did a lot of internal soul searching and realized I must have not been projecting the right kind of energy out there. True enough, I was holding important parts of me back. Now I try to fully express myself whenever I can despite what people will say or think (within the confines of good taste of course :wink:). Sometimes our internal conflicts can manifest themselves in our everyday reality.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your presence and ability to express yourself freely simply creates a blackhole in a world full of superficial insecurity and materialism. You have created a hole in the universe that no ignorance can escape and will be forever violently thrown in your direction. It's the same way tornadoes are formed in the atmosphere

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
(rant thread)

No really. I do. I cannot express the anger that I have right now. I have a red mohawk and dress in I suppose stereotypical "punker" outfitting. Now I expect to get weird looks and not being treated nearly as well as someone else, but some people treat me like a fucking animal and its frustrating. I've had a lot of people verbally abuse me in public, threatened, mugged, and today someone threw a cup full of some yellow shit on me. Really? Is any of that necessary? I mean the verbal comments are bad enough but people are starting to throw shit at me from cars...

FUCK 'EM dude! this makes me angry as hell, why the fuck can't people just leave you alone for being different... :angry: what the hell happened to decency?

·
Registered
182 Posts
(rant thread)

Its as if you did something to them. Its always like this with people in society. You look different, so people treat you like crap for it.

The joys of human nature. (sarcasm)

·
Registered
926 Posts
I think it's kind of an immune system of the ESTJ society to protect itself against outsiders. If there was no pushback against deviants everybody would start doing what they want and no longer following the rules. And that's not what we want either now do we?

However being a punk and the colour red have some political connotations as well. Some peope must literally see red when they see you and well act accordingly like idiots.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I guess for people like us to be able to hate we need to be able to love first.
I have been hurt in the past, but now, from where I stand all that has been said and done 'like autumn winds will blow right through me'
After a while has passed, all of it does not seem so important any more. The bullying, the unjust criticisms, the hurtful remarks all but a memory fading in the distance.

Instead I have found my source of anger in the monsters who have sought and well night succeeded to destroy my gf. She is different too, and she suffered the consequences. Never ending consequences torturing her every day.

Of course, in her case there is much more but still bullying is one of the most underestimated problems in society. Simply compare a typical school with a chimpanzee colony on Animal Planet. Can you really notice a difference?

·
Registered
437 Posts
"you laugh at me because i'm different, i laugh at you because you're all the same"- kurt cobain

don't let them ever get you down, they're just jealous cause they're prisoners to the opinions of everyone else.
majority of people are afraid to be who they truly are, and they're even more afraid of the people who aren't afraid of being who they truly are. :wink: just love them back, it'll scare the shit out of them

·
Registered
241 Posts
i think many INFP's will go thru a stage like that becuase they cant understand or comprehend the feelings that they feel. dont worry, you will get through it!!

as for 'hating' people... this is what i do when people drive me absolutely insane. i think of everyone as if they were my own children, and i an a billion times more patient and loving

yall can pm me if u want to talk bout anything or just vent.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It amazes me that people are treated like that just for dressing or wearing their hair different...I have lived my whole life in a college town that is known for being pretty liberal and openminded so I guess I'm just not used to this being a problem.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've always dressed in fairly regular clothes because I figure my personality type and ethnicity make me different enough...Somehow I think I still end up looking different though, in the way I wear my hair or something. If I want to express my creative side I paint and leave my appearance alone. People are way too judgmental and my sensitive nature can only take so much.

·
Banned
463 Posts
I agree, people are lame. They don't like it when others are different... for some reason.
I guess you know what to expect now though, if it's too much at least you can change your hair/clothes or something.

Imagine being born looking physically different and being preyed upon for THAT.

·
Registered
274 Posts
(rant thread)

You should really get over yourself and focus on things that matter. Pity parties are overrated.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I used to deal with crap like that from people sometimes. Know what I did? I started lifting weights. People aren't as mean when they think you'll kick their ass :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
You should really get over yourself and focus on things that matter. Pity parties are overrated.
this isn't a pity party, thats pretty insensitive of you. he is just expressing frustration he isn't saying
"woe is me " he's just telling us how cruel people can be to him for such a dumb superficial reason.
i'm sure we've all gone through something like this before, i remember i was just walking in the mall and this kid pointed at me and said to his brother " hey look at the gay guy" based merely on my appearance.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts