Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I wonder if I'm ENTP or currently ''transitioning'' to become one in the future...

In very personal spheres and creative writing, I still come across as INFP.

However, when it comes to studying politics, I can suddenly go into ''ENTP'' mode..

ENTPs are inspired innovators, motivated to find new solutions to intellectually challenging problems. They are curious and clever, and seek to understand the people, systems, and principles that surround them. Open-minded and easygoing, ENTPs want to understand other people: their motivations, behavior, and ideas without applying judgment. ENTPs enjoy engaging others in debate, and can be perceived as argumentative due to their love of critical analysis. They like to maintain the upper hand, and often do, thanks to their ability to quickly respond to another's ideas and behavior.

ENTPs are masters of re-inventing the wheel and often refuse to do a task the same way twice. They question norms and often ignore them altogether. They would much rather try a new method (or two) than go along with the standard. ENTPs respond well to challenge and will be most inspired by a problem that others perceive as impossible to solve. In problem-solving, they rely on their ingenuity in the moment, and have little patience for preparation or planning.
This describes how I can be when I study/write about politics related issues. Especially this about ENTP's;

When they do focus on personal concerns, their strength lies in strategy, rather than diplomacy and they often use their understanding of human behavior to engineer and influence social systems.
I like to use understanding of human behavior to think and explore about possible solutions to political/social related systems.

I even read somewhere that a possible career for an ENTP is 'political analyst' which honestly I wouldn't mind becoming one day, if I had enough knowledge.

I'm not entirely sure though....??

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Developed Ne, is my opinion. Maybe you are ENFP?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Developed Ne, is my opinion. Maybe you are ENFP?
I'm not sure... :confused: Sorry

I might just be an INFP with thinker and extraverted tendencies when it comes to exploring the area of politics though. At times when I want to explore global/political issues, I don't use subjective value judgments, I tend to remember solid evidence from experiences/ international relations theories, etc.

I think I'll think about it a little more :crazy:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I'm not sure... :confused: Sorry

I might just be an INFP with thinker and extraverted tendencies when it comes to exploring the area of politics though. At times when I want to explore global/political issues, I don't use subjective value judgments, I tend to remember solid evidence from experiences/ international relations theories, etc.

I think I'll think about it a little more :crazy:
Sadly I don't know you personally that much [although you seem adorable xD]

But these qualities can work with a healthy well-rounded INFP. You use your Ne to examine data, and Si-Te to remember hard evidence and use it.

ENFP has the Te-Si as well as the Ne. Most ENFPs I know go into doubt about being ENTP at one point at least. So I'd say if you are sure of your functions, then you are either ENFP or INFP.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, thanks, starri. MBTI is about preferences right? I suppose I am not an expert on MBTI yet..a lot of people seem to be much more informed than I am.

You use your Ne to examine data, and Si-Te to remember hard evidence and use it.
I still have a long way to go about understanding Ne & Ni better. Sometimes, I can't seem to differentiate between the two. I remember these example from another thread on PerC though

Ne - During their conversation, Lenore suddenly recognized that the real reason her sister wanted a dog was because she was trying to replace the affection from her late husband.

Ni - Lenore was thinking about the dog she and her sister were going to get when she got a flash of a dog barking and crying. The she “knew” they needed to get a dog that didn’t mind being alone.

Ne – You might wonder why the former owner of your house planted an apple tree and why this kind of apple tree. Then you might consider why this kind of apple tree grows well in this climate but not in others. Or maybe it occurs to you that your life is like this apple tree in so many ways. Then you might be curious if apples represent the same ideas in other cultures and so on. Or you may even wonder, “What if the apple tree did not exist?”

Ni – If you did not even notice the apple tree this there, but instead go a sense that the orchards around will soon be cut down and replaced with a housing development, you have experienced Ni.
I seem to have a lot ''just know moments'' and random intuitive visions (aka Ni) which at times, make me unsure whether they relate to my surroundings or other people O_O Ni is very abstract compared to Ne right?

I have more Ni moments than Ne. Ni+Fi/Fe - I usually have that Feeling and Intuitive preference when it comes to dealing with very personal situations.

However, when it comes to viewing situations/the bigger picture from a more global/more political aspect, I think I have Intuitive and Thinking preference. I tend to think about how different systems and theories fit.

Or maybe I'm only ENTP when it comes to politics :crazy: I don't know, lol!!

I feel that my passion in politics and understanding how the world works is growing though, so who knows, I might become much more ENTP in the future.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I seem to have a lot ''just know moments'' and random intuitive visions (aka Ni) which at times, make me unsure whether they relate to my surroundings or other people O_O Ni is very abstract compared to Ne right?

I have more Ni moments than Ne. Ni+Fi/Fe - I usually have that Feeling and Intuitive preference when it comes to dealing with very personal situations.

However, when it comes to viewing situations/the bigger picture from a more global/more political aspect, I think I have Intuitive and Thinking preference. I tend to think about how different systems and theories fit.

Or maybe I'm only ENTP when it comes to politics :crazy: I don't know, lol!!

I feel that my passion in politics and understanding how the world works is growing though, so who knows, I might become much more ENTP in the future.

I saw this diagram a while back that illustrated Ne as a ball that has a lot of things shooting out of it. The moment you hear a word, you think of gazillion things relating to it. Ni, was a lot of things shooting into one ball. Random and spontaneous knowledge of something without knowing the source of it.

I remember having a discussion long ago about functions merging to seem like a fake version of another (Ne+ Fi = Fe). Maybe that is what is occurring with your functions? Anyways, do take a look at this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/12603-ne-ni-two-sentences.html

I'm curious about your enneagram. Would it happen to be a 6?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw this diagram a while back that illustrated Ne as a ball that has a lot of things shooting out of it. The moment you hear a word, you think of gazillion things relating to it. Ni, was a lot of things shooting into one ball. Random and spontaneous knowledge of something without knowing the source of it.

I remember having a discussion long ago about functions merging to seem like a fake version of another (Ne+ Fi = Fe). Maybe that is what is occurring with your functions? Anyways, do take a look at this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/12603-ne-ni-two-sentences.html

I'm curious about your enneagram. Would it happen to be a 6?
Thanks for your insight :)

I am Enneagram Type 4, I think. My goals are always centered around identity/meaning :p

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I'm a fan of Slavoj Žižek, and I'm sure he's ENTP. He's a philosopher, psychoanalyst, political theorist, social theorist and film critic. Check him out if you have the time and see if you can relate. I believe I posted a different video of him in one of your recent threads.

Maybe you relate to what I am going to say, because I don't think you embody ENTP.

As an INFP I find him interesting because he offers me perspectives I'm not likely to find out myself. We share the extraverted intuition but I usually use it in accordance with my Fi. My Ne has to support my Fi and functions in this kind of way not as a revolutionary function, because it is dependent of Fi. I'm encouraged by new perspectives, especially in an extraverted intuition sense: metaphors and patterns and such. Besides, he enters topics I'm very interested in. That's why I like people with a dominant Ne, they give me new insights and they feed my own Ne and Fi. When my Ne goes in overdrive it's actually quite hard for my Fi to catch up.

YouTube - Living in the End Times According to Slavoj Zizek

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would also say ENFJ.
I've seen you quite a lot on the forums, and you don't look like a ENTP at all.
I've seen you quite a lot on the boards, and I'm sorry if I disappoint you but you are most likely the less T person ever.
A ENTP having 105 blogs about different subjects than hot asses, making a lot of confessions and often talking about emotions is VERY unlikely, if not impossible.
By the way, that ENTP description you posted could apply to almost every type.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm an INFP, I'm just highly ambitious when it comes to the political arena.

·
Registered
782 Posts
izzie, i think you are ENFP as well. ENFPs have tertiary Te.
and you seem a lot more E than I, at least on here.

Reactions: agokcen
1 - 16 of 16 Posts