Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it is okay to be strange

* Because many personal situations and inventions that benefit mankind advance as a result of starting from strange thoughts and creative wonders.

* Because acknowledging your strangeness makes you more reflective and more in touch with your inner world.

* Because fitting in is overrated.

* Because life is boring when everything is just ordinary and normal.

* Because you can find answers that you never thought of before, and in the long run will be able to get past your old insecurities and pat yourself on the back for daring to be different.

·
Registered
576 Posts
*Because I was born that way*

*Because it's always okay to be strange*

*Because life wouldn't be as fun*

*Because normal people secretly wish they were strange like us*

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
*because human diversity is necessary - if we were all the same, it would be way easier to wipe us out as a species.
*because being different means you stand out, which means that when new opportunities arise, people are more likely to consider YOU for those opportunities.
*being different might put you in a better position to understand others who are considered "different".

Reactions: ForsakenMe and niki

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
What is 'strange'? Everyone would be considered strange by the perspective of atleast one person in the world.

·
Registered
177 Posts

I know that AvaAdore already mentioned it but it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title so couldn't resist :laughing:

What is "strange" anyway? Somebody outside the perspex surrounding the millions of carbon copy robot people in the world?
Everyone is strange in their own way some people just stranger than others.
Besides strange is interesting and gives you a new perspective on life

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
11,928 Posts
What is "strange" anyway? Somebody outside the perspex surrounding the millions of carbon copy robot people in the world?
Everyone is strange in their own way some people just stranger than others.
Besides strange is interesting and gives you a new perspective on life
How can someone really be stranger than another? 'Strange' and 'normal' are social constructs, so I have no idea why anyone gives them any real weight.

Reactions: Nienna

·
Registered
177 Posts
How can someone really be stranger than another? 'Strange' and 'normal' are social constructs, so I have no idea why anyone gives them any real weight.
Neither do I its just what some people do and nothings going to change their way of seeing people different to them.
Some people feel intimidated by people different to them so then go to judge them as strange from my experience , I am pretty strange to most people and they sure do say it (I hate it when people say i'm acting "strange") so i've learned to embrace my strangeness and admit to being outside the norm.

I'm very very tired so that most likely made zero sense and caught me out the blue...
Oh well i'm strange so I am excused :crazy:

·
11,928 Posts
Neither do I its just what some people do and nothings going to change their way of seeing people different to them.
Some people feel intimidated by people different to them so then go to judge them as strange in my experience , I am pretty strange to most people and they sure do say it (I hate it when people say i'm acting "strange") so i've learned to embrace my strangeness and admit to being outside the norm.
Lots of people consider me strange, my own family does. Though, I have no idea why...
I don't really think it's a matter of intimidation, but I suppose an INFP might, in theory, have a better understanding of people. I think people judge others based on themselves. I'm not gonna say I haven't considered others strange. I have...
But why embrace something that's pushed onto you by others? Now that I think about it, it's hard to have an opinion of yourself without comparing yourself to others, but it bothers me when people use that as either a presentation of superiority or inferiority.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,648 Posts
Because life is too short to fit in, normality is tragic.

And for the record, I don't even know what 'normal' constitutes as.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,648 Posts
However, I don't like to boast about my uniqueness because thats just not really who I am. I suppose I could say im quite humble and try to remain understated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Because . . . why not?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts