Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<back from a fishing trip, unloading the catch out of the cooler>

ENTJ (finished gutting two fish and reaches for a third): Aaah! This one's still alive!
INTP: Gut it, it'll die.
ENTJ: I've got a ... erm, a moral thing against vivisection. I can't. :blushed:
INTP: It ought to die if you leave it sitting for a bit.
ENTJ: Hopefully.

Half an hour later...
ENTJ: Fuck! It's STILL alive! ... I'm kind of spooked, to be honest. :unsure:
INTP: :rolleyes:
ENTJ: That thing's already been out of the water a good four hours. WTF is it doing still alive?
INTP: They're simple creatures, they can twitch a long time.
ENTJ: I know, but the others aren't alive! ... you know, one of them I caught was SUPER lively, I bet it's this one. :dry:
INTP: Probably. Maybe take it's head off?
ENTJ: The knife's in the sink, you take its head off.
INTP: Not saw it off, chop it off. Like with a cleaver and a cutting board.
ENTJ: With what, a hatchet? We don't have a cleaver.
INTP: That would mess up the cutting board. :tongue:
ENTJ: Damn it! :frustrating:
INTP: :laughing:

ENTJ: I'm going to put it in the freezer for a bit, maybe it'll finally die.
INTP: Maybe. I'm taking a nap.
ENTJ: <sigh>

Reactions: Fredward

Registered
An ENTJ and an ISFP go for a walk...

ISFP: "I just... need someone to talk to"

ENTJ: "I'm here. Looks like your friends aren't; what's up "

*internally braces self..what do I say? Advice? She won't take it. Truth? She doesn't want it. How the hell am I gonna handle this*

ISFP: "I just, nothing is going right in my life! My company is failing; my bills are behind, and everyone has put me on this pedestal for being...."

Suddenly in the street beside us a car goes screeching by, slams to a hault and is blocked in by 4 cop cars. Cops barrel out, draw guns, the person in the car raises hands, police drag him out of the car and slam to the ground.

ISFP: "oh my god! What in the..."

ENTJ: "Looks like YOUR day just got better! But hey, I gotta get the hell out of here. I'm black. Guns drawn. These things don't end well for us and I'm too close for comfort. Hope you feel better, hun!"

Reactions: Elistra

Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like it worked out well enough for both of us. You got out of there unscathed, and the fish finally died!

Filleted, breaded, and oven is preheating now. :D

Reactions: Lesuhlee

Registered
ENFJ sobbing and crying.

ESFJ friend, "It's okay, he was an asshole anyway."

ENTJ self, "You're going to be crying a lot. Remember to drink water." *hands her a box of Puffs tissues*

Registered
Now on an equal yet opposite note, I love it when Fe Doms demonstrate their Ti tendencies.

ENFJ Aunt calls my now- confirmed ESTJ dad.

ESTJ dad: "yea, Di, what's happenin"
Enfj Aunt: "guess what happened to me the other day..."

Proceeds to tell anecdote.

ESTJ Dad. "Well that's just like that time I---"
Enfj Aunt: "Michael, did I call to listen to you ramble? No. I called, to tell about my incident, and framed the conversation about me. So listen, comment, and then the conversation is done."
Dad: "I ...well uh, yea go on"

Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now on an equal yet opposite note, I love it when Fe Doms demonstrate their Ti tendencies.

ENFJ Aunt calls my now- confirmed ESTJ dad.

ESTJ dad: "yea, Di, what's happenin"
Enfj Aunt: "guess what happened to me the other day..."

Proceeds to tell anecdote.

ESTJ Dad. "Well that's just like that time I---"
Enfj Aunt: "Michael, did I call to listen to you ramble? No. I called, to tell about my incident, and framed the conversation about me. So listen, comment, and then the conversation is done."
Dad: "I ...well uh, yea go on"
I knew someone like that once, who said very nearly the same thing in the same circumstance. But my reply was a bit different than your father... it went something like this:

"I have a history, perspective, and life as well, and wasn't born to be a faceless, user-friendly audience for yours. If you can't deal with that, then strut and fret your hour on someone else's stage, thanks."

I don't hear from that one much anymore, heh.

Registered
I knew someone like that once, who said very nearly the same thing in the same circumstance. But my reply was a bit different than your father... it went something like this:

"I have a history, perspective, and life as well, and wasn't born to be a faceless, user-friendly audience for yours. If you can't deal with that, then strut and fret your hour on someone else's stage, thanks."

I don't hear from that one much anymore, heh.

More so than type, I believe sibling chain of command dictated my dad's response. He is the 'baby'. My aunt is much older.

However, when my aunt and I converse, I tend to structure the conversation, and her feedback scales me to perspective. Ex:

Me: "auntie, I need to fly to Dallas next weekend; I don't fly often; will you book my flight using your rewards to give me a discount and I pay you?"

Aunt: "Leslie! Hey schnooks! I notice you only call me when you need something and never to see how I'm doing or my day is going. Remember Madrid first class?"

Me: "you're absolutely right; I'll try to work on that. So Dallas- yes or no?"

Aunt: sighs "...sure."

She never would've pulled the stunt with my dad on Me. But her and I have a lot of commonalities- both the oldest; both very intellectual and socially manipulative; similar interests and sense of humor. Thus, different dynamic.

Reactions: Elistra
1 - 7 of 7 Posts