Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm embarrassed to ask, but does anyone listen to the same song over and over like I do? Recently I've listened to the same song for at around 12 hours straight, and as of right now I've been listening to the same 4 songs for the past three hours. ._____.

I don't think there's been a topic on this...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Goodness, no! Don't be embarrassed to ask questions. :laughing:

You're definitely not the only one, though. http://personalitycafe.com/isfp-forum-artists/9617-isfp-favourite-song-moment.html

But uhhh... right now and as of the past four days ago, I've been OBSESSED with Van She's "Kelly" and its remixes (one of which is my profile song).

"Kelly was a young girl, looking in the mirror, doing what young kids do
Watching out the window, thinking of all the things that she should do
She's sitting back now, painting on her toenails, thinking of me and you
Listening to her on missing out on her Prince and things she knew"

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yes, I definitely do that... I'll be obsessed for a while, sometimes I get tired of it and move on to some other song, then rediscover the first song months/years later and get knocked over by a wave of nostalgia :p
if you don't mind me asking, what are the songs?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Yup, not quite 12 hours though.

Maybe like, 20 listens in a day, then like 6 the next day, then 2, then once and awhile.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I definitely do that... I'll be obsessed for a while, sometimes I get tired of it and move on to some other song, then rediscover the first song months/years later and get knocked over by a wave of nostalgia :p
The ones I'm listening to now are wayy too embarrassing to list .___.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i was JUST ABOUT TO MAKE A THREAD LIKE THIS!!!
i've been listening to the same song for the past week non stop, and i still love it :blushed:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
This is the song I've listened to most to on repeat, around a maximum of 15 times I guess. After that it gets repetitive.
I know an ISFP who does what you do. The song:

Reactions: Roze

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
I do this, too, but usually only when I've discovered a song I really like for the first time. I will frequently get burnt out on a song pretty quickly, so then I won't listen to it for quite some time, until I rediscover it, that is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do the EXACT same thing. ALL the time.

Right now, I have been listening to the same song for three days straight.

Is this an INFP thing? My friends HAVE always thought that my obsession with songs was strange...

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I've always been like this! Even though its a bit less than when I was younger. If I'm in that mood, if I'm totally feeling that song, I can listen to it over and over again for a pretty long time. Just have to know the limit so I don't ruin the song or the artist!

·
Registered
227 Posts
OTHER PEOPLE DO THIS! Ah, I feel so much better.
Terrible Love by The National has over 75 plays in my itunes. That's not counting the times I've blasted it in my car or listened to it on a CD. I'd say a good half of those accrued over the course of a week.

Sometimes, I have to do little chunks of three or four songs. Everything from Green Arrow to The Lie and How We Told It by Yo La Tengo off of "I can hear th heart beating..." have to play in succession at least three times consecutively before I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Haha! I do that too! Ill find one song I can relate too or is just an absolute eargasm and listen to it again and again! Ill also pick certain songs to end my day with as I drift off to sleep... I had one song that sent me through an experience in my head that felt so good that I listened to it every night as if I was being read a story from myself, I still listen to it sometimes too...

The one thats currently flooding my thoughts is Now My Feet Wont Touch the Ground- Coldplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8DO6BGLU2c&feature=related

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've gone as long as two months listening to the same song before. More often it is hours or days though. When I get stuck on a song, I just have to listen to it until I get sick of it, and I never know how long that will be. Sometimes it is songs I don't particularly like either, but that doesn't happen for the most part.

As far as listening to the same bands goes, it has been nearly 2 years that I've listened to Muse about 95% of the time. It isn't like I don't try to scroll through all my other music, but normally nothing else seems worth listening to in comparison :crazy: Luckily they have 5 studio albums, live albums and all sorts of B sides and other stuff, and they have enough variety between their songs while still all having the same 'feel' that I can jump around a lot and not get too sick of any of it.

It's funny because my taste varies across most musical genres, but I am very very picky about the songs I listen to from each, so I guess I just stick to those ones that I find and like and repeat them over and over.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts