Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'll probably be back with more, but here's one to start.

I think The Velvet Underground are pretty overrated (I don't hate them or anything, just never really been able to get into their music) but I love the atmosphere of this song.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey @Octavarium, glad to see you around again. :)

I feel like there are a lot of songs like this for me but I can't think of any off the top of my head. So I listened to the one you linked to (never heard of the band, doesn't sound like a band I would ever listen to) and it's a pretty compelling song, hmm.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Billy Talent, but I do like a few of their songs such as: "River Below", "The Ex", and "Fallen Leaves".

I wouldn't immediately consider Flo Rida one of my favourite artists but I've discovered a bit of his music through WWE, and I do really enjoy the song "Wild Ones" and to a lesser extent "Good Feeling".

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

Good song - but I once made the mistake of listening to the best of Joy Division in a single sitting. You know how there are some musicians who make you think that the world's a great place, and it's good to be alive? Joy Division isn't one of them.

·
Registered
800 Posts

There's probably a couple more of songs I like by her but I listened to her album Visions and it just isn't for me. Most of the time her music sounds bland. But this song's really good.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Oh crap, I have an even better one. I swear this song reminds me of being a dancer, or something, but I find it ridiculously catchy.

I also think Usher is a complete douche, but something from my teens haunts me:

Could that song possibly be any more obnoxious? I doubt it.

I'm considerate. I wear headphones.

In fact, I think I have some pretty deep-seated 90s hip-hop denial.

Now what were you guys saying?

*hi-fives Britney Spears guy*

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts

The Bee Gees are certainly not on my list of groups that I would listen to by choice most of the time, but this song is secretly brilliant. I can't pretend they are totally talentless if they are capable of beautiful songs like this.

I find most of Keb Mo's music boring and difficult to listen to, but this song is pretty sweet.

This is kind of catchy in a creepy way.

This one is pretty awesome, even though I really couldn't care less about the Goo Goo Dolls.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
"Psychosocial", "Dead Memories", and "Vermillion" by Slipknot.
(What they should really do is have catchy songs for the ENTIRE album, but what sort of band would do that? That wouldn't make them the most money with the least effort.)

"Toxic" by Britney Spears. I also like the cover by Static Lullaby. And that mashup on YouTube versus Metallica's "Enter Sandman" rofl.

Oh and of course "Psychosocial Baby". But I can't help but love the person who did the mash-up.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I'd rather crawl naked through broken glass in the Utah salt flats than listen to a Frankie goes to Hollywood album, but I gotta admit that this damn song is hard to get out of my head

:frustrating:

-ZDD
Waaaait, wasn't this song on the movie Zoolander? Well, perhaps the remade version at least?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The Masterplan- Oasis
The suite at the end of the Muse album before the last one
I've never been big on Nirvana, but "About a Girl" (both the unplugged and regular versions) is a great song

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Stars by switchfoot. Also, meant to live by them as well. I bought the album with meant to live and couldn't listen to it. hated the whole thing except for that one.

also, the song by jason mraz, im yours. makes me happy everytime i hear it

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

This one plays at work. I sing it. I'm sorry, customers who walk in stealthily. I am, too, ashamed and embarrassed for my generation.

They lyrics in the screenshot probably best illustrate the poetic nature of her beautiful thoughts and feelings put to a melody.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts