Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been enjoying some of the poetry in the poetry thread, but poetry alone really isn't my thing...I like writing songs! So, sometime today I think I will try making a video or two of songs I have written, and share them here. I'd love to hear/see what anyone else has done, too.

Later!

:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Give Me One Day to See the World"
Take One :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it! :) I'll confess, though, I can follow the "plot" alright, but I'm having trouble understanding some of the lyrics...But maybe you're not focusing so much on the lyrics because you're also playing the piano at the same time...Now that's a talent I wish I had!

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I like it! :) I'll confess, though, I can follow the "plot" alright, but I'm having trouble understanding some of the lyrics...But maybe you're not focusing so much on the lyrics because you're also playing the piano at the same time...Now that's a talent I wish I had!
Thanks! It is difficult playing and singing! Plus I've only had about 6 lessons on piano so I pretty much just make it up as I go along. I can't read sheet music either which is a pain because It means I have to rely my memory when playing my songs on piano.

I've changed the lyrics since this recording and I'm still working on them but here they are at the moment:

Once there was a young maiden,
her eyes were blue and her hair was fair

One day her love was called to war
She felt the mourning of her soul
The sun shone out upon the moor
what were these boys fighting for?

Until a day when he would return to her
Until that day he'd battle the wild frontier

Oh the retched war returned
And she was left alone once more
This time with a child born
Would his father live to see him grown?

Wither away
Would he e’er return to her
Wither away
sorrow takes a hold of her

The sun shone out upon the moor
The rain came down oh how it poured
She saw his shadow cross the sky
Her heart froze, dead as night

Until a day, would they ever meet again?
Until that day, she'll wonder the wild frontier.

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
umbrellasky, simply beautiful. How I wish I could play an instrument. Alas, my words are my music.

Reactions: MissNobody

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Wonderful songs! Vocalist, I can definitely see where you got your user name. You have a powerful, beautiful voice. Umbrella, I love the imagery of your lyrics. I cannot believe you are able to write a song after only six lessons. I envy you this. Truly amazing. You have a wonderful voice as well. Thanks for posting. Even if I were able to sing, I would be far to shy to ever post a video.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Wonderful songs! Vocalist, I can definitely see where you got your user name. You have a powerful, beautiful voice. Umbrella, I love the imagery of your lyrics. I cannot believe you are able to write a song after only six lessons. I envy you this. Truly amazing. You have a wonderful voice as well. Thanks for posting. Even if I were able to sing, I would be far to shy to ever post a video.
Thank you! :blushed: It took me a while to start posting my music. I don't think I could ever perform in front of an audience that would be scary! It's scary enough performing in front of the camera hehe.

I don't really know if what I'm doing on the piano is 'correct' but like with most things I just do what 'feels right'. I bet most people could make up a tune on the piano it just takes time working out what notes go together :laughing:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't really know if what I'm doing on the piano is 'correct' but like with most things I just do what 'feels right'. I bet most people could make up a tune on the piano it just takes time working out what notes go together :laughing:
On the contrary, it is a real gift to be able to play your own tune and accompaniment like that, especailly after such a short time. I took six years of piano lessons, and still get hung up on chord theory. I can make up a tune easily enough, yes, but the accompaniment hardly comes easily except in my own head.

Reactions: MissNobody
1 - 10 of 10 Posts