Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who played some of the more recent video games and saw the animated series...

Sonic ESTP 7w6-9w8-3w2 so/sx
Tails INTP 6w7-9w1-2w3 sp/so
Knuckles ISTJ 1w9-2w1-6w5 sp/sx
Dr. Robotnik ENTP 3w4-6w5-8w7 so/sx
Shadow INFJ 4w5-5w4-1w9 sx/sp
Amy ESFJ 6w7-9w8-2w3 so/sx

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those who played some of the more recent video games and saw the animated series...

I totally agree!

·
Banned
17,781 Posts

Sonic: ESTP 7w8 Sx/So 7w8-3w2-8w7
Tails: INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx 7w6-9w1-4w5 alternatively I could see 7w6 or 9w1 first
Knuckles: ISTJ 1w9 So/Sp 1w9-6w5-3w4
Dr. Robotnik/Eggman: ?NTP 3w4 So/Sp 3w4-5w6-8w7
Shadow: INFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp 8w9-4w5-5w4
Rouge: ESTP 3w4 Sx/So 3w4-7w8-8w7 alternatively I could see Sx/Sp
Amy: ESFJ 2w3 Sx/So 2w3-9w8-7w6

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Ah, yes. The hedgehog of legend.

Sonic: ESTP 7w8
Tails: INFJ 6w7
Knuckles: ISTJ 8w9
Amy: ESFJ 2w3
Shadow: ISTJ 1w2
Rouge: ESTP 3w4
Robotnik: ENTP 5w4?
Big: ESFP 9w1
Omochao: ESFP? 9w1
Gamma: Deleted
Tikal: INFJ 9w1
Void: ESFP 6w7
Lumina: INFP 9w1
Illumina: INFJ 4w3

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Ah, yes. The hedgehog of legend.
Sonic: ESTP 7w8
yes

Tails: INFJ 6w7
he seems more Fi dom to me.

Knuckles: ISTJ 8w9
likely

Amy: ESFJ 2w3
probably

Shadow: ISTJ 1w2
8w9. he is driven by domination and anger and has only one person in his life he seeks to protect (where do you see 1?)

Rouge: ESTP 3w4
yeah (although 7w8 is possible too)

Robotnik: ENTP 5w4?
I think he's core 3. unlike a 5, he is very action oriented, very results/accomplishment oriented and more Id. 5s are more concerned with growing their knowledge base and making sure they know everything that they need to, turning to actual only when they absolutely know they are prepared

the rest I'm unsure of

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'd put Shadow down as an ENFP 9w8 sx/sp, myself. He seems like a Fi-aux/Te-tert, repeatedly turning inward to make moral judgments (saving Rouge on Prison Island, being friendly because he's impressed with Sonic before saying "I can't let you live." (god, that is such a Fi thing to say) just before their final battle) and then immediately springing into action to solve the problems himself. He's also arrogant as all hell based on his status as the "ultimate life"... Man, he's leaking Te all over.

An INFJ would probably become emo over failing to save Maria, while Shadow goes straight to hate and arrogance; an ISTJ (or, for that matter, an INTJ) wouldn't have been so clearly ruled by emotions, while Shadow even risks his own life and the whole revenge scheme over his need to save Rouge.

Also, just listen to Throw It All Away, The Supernatural, and Supporting Me.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I can go for INFJ for Shadow. I wasn't thinking straight last night. Hunger, maybe. But yeah, it's definitely Ni dominance, in my opinion. He is rather in touch with his emotions as well, so it's conceivable. I can't help but feel his energy isn't dynamic enough to be extroverted. Introverts give a bit more push/emphasis than extroverts, who just have it, so to speak.

@Swordsman of Mana I was on some other **** last night. lol Seriously, though, I was having more trouble than usual typing. I dunno how I missed Shadow's intuition. Same excuse for the Enneagram choice, although I've never been great at considering one's Enneatype. But Tails, I don't feel as if I can stand down on INFJ for him. He's rather judicious in his ways. I wouldn't overlook it just 'cuz he seems so unassuming. Cross him in his orderly sanctum and you'll get the monkey wrench.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Oh, also...

Arrow said:
Fi is very self sacrificing for their values. If they feel that they aren't living up to their values Fi will change and sacrifice for them. Fi users hate being hypocritical and not adhering to their inner archetypal ideal being. They strive to view themselves as good people and act the way that best personifies who they want to be and see themselves inside.
This definitely seems to be the cause of Shadow's behavior toward Sonic during the Final Hazard fight. By that point, he's essentially identified Sonic as embodying what he wanted to be, and he sacrifices himself at the end as a result. This quote in particular is pretty telling:

Shadow said:
I think I've discovered who the ultimate life form is...it's you, Sonic!

...Yeah, I really can't imagine Shadow as a Fe-user at all.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Grunfur made a post about it being impossible to type a character, which I agreed with. So, we may not be able to get his would-be type down to a science. We could count some things in, though, like mental illness. Shadow could just have some personal dilemmas that caused him to act oddly. Maybe Sonic overcame Shadow's god complex, and his trauma suddenly yielded to Sonic, somehow. But I think I can safely say he's an introvert.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Grunfur made a post about it being impossible to type a character, which I agreed with. So, we may not be able to get his would-be type down to a science.
Yeah, that's true, too. I just, uh... sort of identify with Shadow, I guess, so I want him to be the same type as me.

...Haha. I have an agenda!

But I think I can safely say he's an introvert.
Well, ENP is known as the most introverted of the extraverts... Factoring in his (more than sufficiently motivated) mistrust of others, it wouldn't be surprising for him to act withdrawn. (There could also be a 4w5 in there influencing his withdrawal tendencies.)

He also doesn't seem to spend a lot of time thinking or reflecting. He does it from time to time, but usually only when he's making a value judgment (like before the Biolizard fight). That seems pretty atypical for an introvert. He also tends to rely on group efforts, allying himself with Eggman immediately...

To contrast, Knuckles is pretty clearly an introvert. He only cooperates with Sonic and Tails because he runs into them by accident, and he quickly goes his own way once they make it to the ARK.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
@Tenebrae You could have a point there... Even back when he was healthy in his Maria days, he still seemed pretty to himself, but less hostile. XNFX at least. lol Maybe we're both wrong and it's closest to ENFJ? Shadow like my mom? ....no. He feels too tame to be ENFP, but one never knows for sure without solid evidence.

·
Registered
444 Posts
He feels too tame to be ENFP, but one never knows for sure without solid evidence.
Yeah, that's true. He does seem more Ni than Ne sometimes... His function order sort of seems like Ni-Fi-Te-Si to me. (Si because he usually seems to perceive things according to their meaning. He stares at a Chaos Emerald and says "It all starts with this--a jewel containing the ultimate power!", for example.) That'd just be weird, though.

Throw It All Away does have some lyrics which seem much more Ne-like ("Head straight for your goal by any means/There is a door you have never opened/There is a window with a view you have never seen/Get there, no matter how long it takes"), though.

(Of course, Throw It All Away is also very 9w8: "Everybody tries to be straight/But things are still unchanged/It's useless to resist/Your effort will be wasted".)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hmm..I think Shadow is a IXTJ--maybe a ISTJ, even. He might be in a Si/Fi loop because he has a hard time letting go of the past.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
I'd put Shadow down as an ENFP 9w8 sx/sp, myself. He seems like a Fi-aux/Te-tert, repeatedly turning inward to make moral judgments (saving Rouge on Prison Island, being friendly because he's impressed with Sonic before saying "I can't let you live." (god, that is such a Fi thing to say) just before their final battle) and then immediately springing into action to solve the problems himself. He's also arrogant as all hell based on his status as the "ultimate life"... Man, he's leaking Te all over.
An INFJ would probably become emo over failing to save Maria, while Shadow goes straight to hate and arrogance; an ISTJ (or, for that matter, an INTJ) wouldn't have been so clearly ruled by emotions, while Shadow even risks his own life and the whole revenge scheme over his need to save Rouge.
Also, just listen to Throw It All Away, The Supernatural, and Supporting Me.
why 9w8 over 8w9?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can guess the MBTI types from watching Sonic X, which I regret watching, but you aren't going to get these from playing the video games.

Sonic: ESTP
Tails: INTP
Knuckles: ISTJ
Amy: ESFJ
Shadow: INFJ/INTJ
Rouge: ESFP
Robotnik: ENTP
Eggman: ENTJ
Big: ISFP
Cream: ISFP
Tikal: INFP

1 - 20 of 84 Posts