Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Just wait, this is where everyone will quarrel about who's the biggest INTJ... when fact is, none of them are.

Jax - Base opinions and actions on Feelings. SF is my choice. Introvert most likely. ISFJ?

Reactions: perennialurker

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just wait, this is where everyone will quarrel about who's the biggest INTJ... when fact is, none of them are.

Jax - Base opinions and actions on Feelings. SF is my choice. Introvert most likely. ISFJ?
I agree with SF, not sure on J vs. P though..

The only INTx possibility I can think of is Tara.

Does the fact that they are in a club to begin with have anything to say about E vs. I ?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
ISTJ

For sure.

My sister is in love with the series. She likes gang related tv shows and movies, and is especially into 'Sons of Anarchy'. She is pretty tough, usually the influence in a crowd... I don't know if I am playing the rules right here? But I saw Sons of Anarchy, and I thought, ISTJ! There is some motorcycle related Thread in their Forum also.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guesses:

Jax - ISTJ
Clay - ESFJ
Tig - ESTP
the crooked bald cop - xSFP
Bobby Elvis - ISFJ
Happy - ESTJ
Gemma - ISFP
Tara - ISFJ

Too lazy to think of the rest. heh

ISTJ

For sure.

My sister is in love with the series. She likes gang related tv shows and movies, and is especially into 'Sons of Anarchy'. She is pretty tough, usually the influence in a crowd... I don't know if I am playing the rules right here? But I saw Sons of Anarchy, and I thought, ISTJ! There is some motorcycle related Thread in their Forum also.
er...who's ISTJ? Your sister?

The show in general vibes ISTP/ESTJ to me.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I agree with SF, not sure on J vs. P though..

The only INTx possibility I can think of is Tara.

Does the fact that they are in a club to begin with have anything to say about E vs. I ?
I find it difficult to type if they're extra- or introvert since I can't see where their source of energy is coming from, but Jax seems to recharge when he retracts to the rooftop, sitting by himself, which is why I wonder if he might be an introvert. Of course, this is something many Extraverts do too.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
ISTJ

For sure.

A person won't really gush feelings unless he or she is under a lot of pressure.
But if you compare Jax with Clay you might see that Jax have strong values that
needs to be kept intact, letting his feelings get in the way of his judgement calls.
But even so, he's clearly a healthy Feeler-type who can rationalize (Something
all Feeler-types are capable of).

An unhealthy Feeler-type (clearly gushing) would be this guy

As much as people would like to believe that he's a Thinker-type because he can
kill kids and destroy worlds, he's really a bona fide Feeler spun out of control.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but my opinions shouldn't be too far fetched.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A person won't really gush feelings unless he or she is under a lot of pressure.
But if you compare Jax with Clay you might see that Jax have strong values that
needs to be kept intact, letting his feelings get in the way of his judgement calls.
But even so, he's clearly a healthy Feeler-type who can rationalize (Something
all Feeler-types are capable of).

An unhealthy Feeler-type (clearly gushing) would be this guy

As much as people would like to believe that he's a Thinker-type because he can
kill kids and destroy worlds, he's really a bona fide Feeler spun out of control.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but my opinions shouldn't be too far fetched.
I somehow doubt he's from SoA.

Someone from Twilight? lol

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Definitely Sons of Anarchy.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I cannot see Gemma as being anything other than xxFJ. Her entire character is based on a sort of meddling protection of her loved ones, and she is consistently shown to be quite stubborn. Can't get enough of the show.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It's been a few seasons since 2010, anyone interested in resurrecting this thread?

I just started marathoning this show, I'm on season 3, but I'm really interested in what their types are.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Off the top of my head:

Jax = xSFP - natural leader, but still pretty introverted. I think he ultimately is an ESFP, though. He engages experiences dynamically and adaptively... he holds his subjective value judgments close to the chest and doesn't seek input at all, his outward judgments are decisive and critical, and he seeks an overarching impression of destiny. Se-Fi-Te-Ni to the t. He leads with morale, and a deep sense of internal right and wrong but gets caught up in the sensory milieu as it comes, tossed back and forth by it. xSFP through and through.

Clay = ESTP - same as Jax, but more gregarious opportunistic in his values and slow/abstract and calculating in his logic... they show the differences well.

Gemma = ESFJ - About as tribal and mother-bear as you can imagine. Nothing matters more than her tribe, who she is emotionally effulgent with and motherly towards. She is no-nonsense enough to justify an ESTJ typing, but I think that is a mistake... her hard edge is a cultural thing. She is opportunistic/manipulative, like Clay. Both show Fe. Contrast Jax and Tara, who are both Fi.

Tara = ISTJ - she is a typical ISxJ, but clearly shows a reticent "I'll value what I want, you value what you want" Fi attitude, which contrasts Gemma. Compare her view on 'destiny' to Jax. She fears the future, lacking a sense of 'destiny'. She is clearly the more procedural and pragmatic of the two, being a doctor and all.

I always found it very interesting that most if not all of the male gang members are SP, and most if not all of the women are SJ. Audacious swaggering men and ball-and-chain but devoted women. Interesting insight into the psychology of the creator.

Reactions: Malkovich

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Jax is probably INFP. I think it's pretty obvious that he has a very strong Fi. Could be ISFP but I don't know any ISFPs to compare.

Tara could be an INTJ but I'm not sure. Not Fe user.

Gemma most probably ESFJ.

Juice is ISTP. He's got some problems with his inf Fe.

Unser (retired) looks like ENTP. Not sure at all. Not Fi user, but Fe. Ti instead of Te.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Jax - ESFP
Tara - INTJ

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,527 Posts
Jax reminds me of every unhealthy ISFP I've ever met. Takes charge in a hardcore fashion but in all the worst ways possible (Inferior Te) and ultimately just creates more trouble down the line. I mean, it gets so bad that he ends up just offing himself, 'nuff said. I know a lot of people type him as INxJ and there are interesting theories for it, but I would think an INxJ would be more safe and calculated, and would never engage in this level of constant violence, even through Inferior Se.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Jax reminds me of every unhealthy ISFP I've ever met. Takes charge in a hardcore fashion but in all the worst ways possible (Inferior Te) and ultimately just creates more trouble down the line. I mean, it gets so bad that he ends up just offing himself, 'nuff said. I know a lot of people type him as INxJ and there are interesting theories for it, but I would think an INxJ would be more safe and calculated, and would never engage in this level of constant violence, even through Inferior Se.
Not only that, but I think he heavily relies on Fi as well. The show is based on assessing his own personal morals and what is or isn't right. He's definitely not a Fe user, in my opinion.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,527 Posts
I think a lot of people type him as Fe because he's looking out for his group's interests, so it makes sense. But I just can't help thinking he operates under Fi intensity.

As it stands, the most likely/argued types for him are xNTJ, xSFP and INFJ. Of those 5 types, only one is Fe (INFJ).

He is definitely a Ni user though, no matter where it stacks. So I'm ruling out him being an SJ or NP type.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts