Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||| 38%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 46%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 42%

type score type behavior motivation
6 20 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
2 18 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
1 16 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
3 15 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
7 14 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
5 11 I must be knowledgeable and independent to be happy.
9 10 I must maintain a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.
4 9 I must be true to my emotions to be happy.
8 7 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Your main type is Type 6
Your variant is social

:unsure: sooo umm...lol what does that mean? and what are the...like 9w6 i see with other people's enneagram types? Any explanations would be greatly appreciated, pretty please? :confused:

edit: =/ i tried to space things out a bit so they weren't as cluttered and confusing, but it doesn't appear to have worked too well ^-^' sorry to whoever ends up reading this

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Core types are 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9, those types are further broken down into "Centers". There are Three Centers in the Enneagram: Head, Image, and Instinctual.

The Centers are united by primary emotions, and "dealings"

"Head" Types (5-6-7), are associated with Anxiety and Fear, I would even say they are united in their avoidance. 5's Detach, 6's Seek, and 7's Indulge.

"Image" Types (2-3-4), are associated with Shame. They are united in that they have an "image", a focus on the self. 2's Pull, 3's Build, and 4's Push.

"Instinctual" Types (8-9-1), are associated with Anger, they are united in their "presence". 1's Judge, 9's Smooth, 8's Command.

The XwX you see is a "Wing", it's a connected type to your core type. The wing flavors your core type, and helps decide your focus, wings are not two types put together.

Wings follow the rule of proxy. A core types wing, must be adjacent to it.

The 18 types with wings are:

Image Types
2w1
2w3
3w2
3w4
4w3
4w5

Head Types
5w4
5w6
6w5
6w7
7w6
7w8

Instinct Types
8w7
8w9
9w8
9w1
1w9
1w2

According to that, you're a 6.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
If you're a 6, you will have either a Wing of a 7 or 8.

A 6w5, is a more analytical and seek truth over support. Think of a 6w5 as the more solitary of the 6's, the are natural skeptics and often have a running thought. They think of chaotic scenarios and seek to prevent them. They are more right or wrong focused, "does this make sense?", "is this fair?"

The 6w7, is more "active" they are more scattered in thought. They probably have the most active mind of the Enneagram types, constantly shifting. They seek trust in others, and more excitable than their 6w5s. They prefer to be closer (6w5s are good with distance), they are more in the center as well.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Someone said, in the tritype thread, that your second type depends on "where your wing points to". So with a 7 wing, you would be instinct before heart. Like this:

6w7-1w9-2w1 so/sx
(Compared to 6w7-2w1-1w9 so/sx)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone said, in the tritype thread, that your second type depends on "where your wing points to". So with a 7 wing, you would be instinct before heart. Like this:

6w7-1w9-2w1 so/sx
(Compared to 6w7-2w1-1w9 so/sx)
Thanks Tucken :happy: This is really cool. Is there anything you could read about your type with the wing included that tells you more about yourself? :mellow: <--(i really like this face for when i'm curious about stuff lol)

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Thanks Tucken :happy: This is really cool. Is there anything you could read about your type with the wing included that tells you more about yourself? :mellow: <--(i really like this face for when i'm curious about stuff lol)
Strictly speaking - no. Type is usually explained first, then follows a small description of the wings. They further explain your behaviour and your personality, but they don't really add much if you want to learn more about yourself.

I'm happy you seem into this:proud:. I'll give you a few reads you might like...
the enneagram ...info from the underground Types and instincts.
The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board Public forum for enneagram discussions.
And our forum is great too. (Lots of links, gathered information and discussions!)

Instincts are perhaps even more important than type, and very interesting. So make sure you read about them to learn more about yourself and others!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys! :proud: I'll be sure to investigate some more, cuz this is really quite interesting to me :) and it feels so good to know that there are other people who have similar personalities to my own.

:happy: Thanks again, and hope to see you guys around!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts