1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
WoW got worse in BC, worse in WotLK, and I don't doubt it'll get even worse in this.

Then again I'm biased because although I used to play WoW I never actually enjoyed any of it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My thoughts? Release Diablo 3 already :laughing: :crazy:. I was once playing WoW in original (before all the expansions) but stopped. Got bored and the game got mainstreamed sort of. I'm out of MMO's for now and for a long time ahead.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
My thoughts? Release Diablo 3 already :laughing: :crazy:. I was once playing WoW in original (before all the expansions) but stopped. Got bored and the game got mainstreamed sort of. I'm out of MMO's for now and for a long time ahead.
Agreed, though I'm one of those "D3 is too much like WoW" whiners. ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just say No to WoW! It used to be my drug of choice, but I have found that I am much more productive without it! :mellow:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Careface tbh. It needs a lot more stuff to be interesting and considering the amount of cash they rake in there should be a free update every week with more content - Acheivable content.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I was stoked for D3... but they are going for the WoW look, that cartoonish look. :-/ Not really excited about it. I didn't like their skill tree either, it's EXACTLY like WoWs... poor blizzard. SC2 even looks cartoonish. BAH!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Honestly, MMORPGs don't really hold a candle to me. I participate in enough internet communities already to need another one, especially such which I have to pay for.

I could perhaps be interested in a MMORPG without the whole "I want to be the best" type of stuff. Star Wars Galaxies had something going for it, but Sony Entertainment ruined it beyond repair.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I loved wow... then there was an expansion...

it got so contrived and boring... I quit... even before th lich king... i did the 10 day free lich king trail and thought it was an epic fail...

I wish they would update the engine to a new and better one and completely redo it say in another time period instead of hobbling it with another contrived add on. It looses unity and cohesion and seems patchwork... and as mentioned ruins the gold system... and all other balance that was initially there.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I was stoked for D3... but they are going for the WoW look, that cartoonish look. :-/ Not really excited about it. I didn't like their skill tree either, it's EXACTLY like WoWs... poor blizzard. SC2 even looks cartoonish. BAH!!
I agree, the skill tree is just a talent tree! What the hell is up with that! Sooooooo boring and simplified for all the people who couldn't handle D2.

@pianopraze: I agree. Pre-BC was the best WoW experience, imo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I never played pre BC... I guess i'm one of those mainstream players...
But it's pretty fun to me (for now).
I go through seasons with it though, love-hate.

I just hope the expansion comes out after I hit 80, otherwise i'm going to be pissed.
Feel like i'm climbing a mountain that some jackass keeps making taller right under my feets.

No fun.
But for now, they have my money :p

·
Registered
696 Posts
I used to love WOW but like Piano said, they just ruined it with expansion following expansion. Also, like Ung mentioned, I really don't enjoy the "HAHAHAHAHAHA IM BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO LIFE, MY MOM PAYS FOR ME TO PLAY MMOs ALL DAY AFTER MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!!!!!PWND!!! IN YUR FACE!!!! WTFBBQ CHUCK NORRIS!!!!" attitude. SWG was pretty decent until they ruined it too, so I'm waiting with trepid anticipation for SWTOR.:shocked::happy:

It really irritates the shit out of me. I enjoy playing and I enjoy PVP but I really get rubbed the wrong way when people are just downright rude about winning or loosing.

That, and they killed the story line. It had such a lovely and interesting storyline. And then Blizzard crushed it, vomited on it, threw it out the window, and laughed at it. Seriously. How lame is that. I bet some of their writers commited suicide from how badly they screwed up the story.

I used to be seriously addicted to WoW. I quit shortly before WotLK came out but I've been watching, mostly because someone I know plays. I just read up on the new x-pack and I can't believe how much they just crapped all over their own product. Blizzard has fallen so low and it's not like they needed the money.

And of course, seriously. Seriously. Does anyone HONESTLY believe that the Worgen would be part of the Alliance? Really? Really? Get real.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Touche. Especially if it's like a werewolf type of race...
- - Isn't that what they are supposed to be?
Yeah. It's completely unrealistic for the game. I also love how Blizz has still refused to give out a back story to as WHY they would be part of the Alliance and I'm assuming that enough Alliance players started complaining that they didn't have any "evil-looking" races on their side.

Which just brings me to the point about Blizz that makes me angry. They won't do anything to fix serious problems or handle issues in a timely manner. But if enough kiddies beg for something that doesn't actually fit correctly into the game, they will give it to them and just let the story crumble away. If that's their tactic, why did they bother with a story in the first place?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Get out of it before it's too late :crazy:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah. It's completely unrealistic for the game. I also love how Blizz has still refused to give out a back story to as WHY they would be part of the Alliance and I'm assuming that enough Alliance players started complaining that they didn't have any "evil-looking" races on their side.

Which just brings me to the point about Blizz that makes me angry. They won't do anything to fix serious problems or handle issues in a timely manner. But if enough kiddies beg for something that doesn't actually fit correctly into the game, they will give it to them and just let the story crumble away. If that's their tactic, why did they bother with a story in the first place?
I guess it's just that "thing" about corporations: at the end of the day it's always about the money :(
gross.... but I understand :laughing:

& i'm trying to get out! It's sucked me in!!! Help!!! :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
I guess it's just that "thing" about corporations: at the end of the day it's always about the money :(
gross.... but I understand :laughing:

& i'm trying to get out! It's sucked me in!!! Help!!! :D
You can quit! A couple months ago I decided the game wasn't worth the amount of my time it took so I quit and haven't regretted it yet :p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts