Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol
To tell you all the truth, it was more an experiments than anything. Does this make me a bad person?

anyways, went in there and described myself and answered her questions honestly. Took the questioner and answered honestly as well. She played memory trick games, but i failed those.lol

anyways by the time she was done, i apparently had a very clear case of ADHD/ADD.

Let me tell that any ENFP that would have gotten an evaluation from this doc, answering everything honestly and just being ourselves, would have walked out of there with the label ADHD attached to them.

I got prescribed a free 30 day supply of focalin XR at 10mg.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Focalin right? I dont see that one prescribed all that often.

You should notice a difference almost instantly although after a while that will lessen again necessitating adjustment of the dosage.
Incidentally that is also a litmus test to help ascertain the diagnosis. It seems that when non-adders get described a stimulant medication(or more likely abuse it) the results are often far less marked.

·
Registered
133 Posts
bahaha

I agree

I was also diagnosed with that

whatever

Reactions: bubbly00

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Focalin right? I dont see that one prescribed all that often.

You should notice a difference almost instantly although after a while that will lessen again necessitating adjustment of the dosage.
Incidentally that is also a litmus test to help ascertain the diagnosis. It seems that when non-adders get described a stimulant medication(or more likely abuse it) the results are often far less marked.
hmmm, i went the pharmacy and got it after my appointment.(it took a total of 20 minutes to walk out with a free prescription). I havent taken it yet. pretty curious what changes this drug will cause.

Maybe i really do have ADD? or i could just be ENFP? or both!!:confused:
For the record, all ENFP seem to have problems with prolonged concentration/focus and i'm no exception, however when it comes to school i always pull off good grades somehow. all my other
'ADD problems" are also ENFP traits.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised ay, part of being intuitive perceiver its bound to happen.

·
Registered
133 Posts
its just a laughable and bit alarming how easily these docs send us along to get our drugs. I do wonder though where the line is between ENFP and ADHD/ADD disconnect. how's an ENFP to know if they really have this disorder?
I believe that I do have it, but I don't take any real drugs for it
I guess, if the drugs help you to be a better you, who is to care if you really have it or don't have it.
If people wanna give you pill form coffee . . . don't argue. ^_^
I got diagnosed after I failed out of college
I would think about getting on drugs if I actually go back to school
but when it comes to work, and my usual everyday tasks, I don't need it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same thing happened to me..I was going through a down 2 weeks thinking about my sucki highschool failure/ low selfesteem days - mainly because I was reading way too much about mental health - so I went to the doc, he diagnosed me with "mild ADD" perscribed me 27mg concerta..took it for a couple of weeks, had a total of 2 days with great concentration and clarity of thought but then it stopped working and i just wanted to sleep for days..then he gave me the 54mg dose and I felt like a zombie and started to get panic attacks...now I figure it's really not worth it. I might look into alternative meds or might have to work my butt off at college!!!!!!! I might have to work harder than some but I got to do what I got to do :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Same thing happened to me..I was going through a down 2 weeks thinking about my sucki highschool failure/ low selfesteem days - mainly because I was reading way too much about mental health - so I went to the doc, he diagnosed me with "mild ADD" perscribed me 27mg concerta..took it for a couple of weeks, had a total of 2 days with great concentration and clarity of thought but then it stopped working and i just wanted to sleep for days..then he gave me the 54mg dose and I felt like a zombie and started to get panic attacks...now I figure it's really not worth it. I might look into alternative meds or might have to work my butt off at college!!!!!!! I might have to work harder than some but I got to do what I got to do :)
You know, there are dozens of different things you can try taking. The first thing they put me on was Straterra, and it made me have the most crazy mood swings ever. I was sobbing soo hard . . . not cool. I just became one big unstable emotional breakdown.

So then they put me on ritalin, and despite it's bad rep, it worked really nicely for me.

·
Banned
557 Posts
its just a laughable and bit alarming how easily these docs send us along to get our drugs. I do wonder though where the line is between ENFP and ADHD/ADD disconnect. how's an ENFP to know if they really have this disorder?
It's a pyramid scheme set up by doctors in order to make more money, I know it! They spend some time giving you a question, running tests, then get u to start buying pills. Then u run to the pharmacy, buy the medicine and if u think it works, u keep buying it. The doctor's offices and pharmacies are in cahoots with each other, both trying to take ur money! Those greedy fucks... Doctors are satan's demons unleashed upon the earth.

Here's my advice, if u take the medicine and it produces a singularly helpful effect, keep taking it. If u think the doctor was full of shit and made a mistake in his/her diagnosis then do this: get ur medicine bottle, find the doctor who swindled u, then shove that bottle right up their ass! That'll teach him/her not to mess with u again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
hmmm, i went the pharmacy and got it after my appointment.(it took a total of 20 minutes to walk out with a free prescription). I havent taken it yet. pretty curious what changes this drug will cause.

Maybe i really do have ADD? or i could just be ENFP? or both!!:confused:
For the record, all ENFP seem to have problems with prolonged concentration/focus and i'm no exception, however when it comes to school i always pull off good grades somehow. all my other
'ADD problems" are also ENFP traits.
I think hormones have an effect on a person's brain during devolpment in the womb; read an article about the effects of hormones on a person's temperament... One example is people diagnosed with bi-polar disorder ussualy have increased dopamine levels... So I think there is a parrellel between ENFP's have ADD/ADHD more oft; I don't think all ENFP's have it but I do think that the likelyhood of us having it are perhaps increased... I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 23 years old (as an adult as well)... It doesn't make a person a bad person; there are some statistics from phsycologist Edward M. Hallowell in which he states that ADD/ADHD folks tend to have higher IQ's then the average person; they require constant stimulation and get bored rather easily. It's a tricky thing to diagnose though because all the traits are normal: it's just those traits showing up in such a degree as to cripple a person to function... There are varius levels of it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a pyramid scheme set up by doctors in order to make more money, I know it! They spend some time giving you a question, running tests, then get u to start buying pills. Then u run to the pharmacy, buy the medicine and if u think it works, u keep buying it. The doctor's offices and pharmacies are in cahoots with each other, both trying to take ur money! Those greedy fucks... Doctors are satan's demons unleashed upon the earth.

Here's my advice, if u take the medicine and it produces a singularly helpful effect, keep taking it. If u think the doctor was full of shit and made a mistake in his/her diagnosis then do this: get ur medicine bottle, find the doctor who swindled u, then shove that bottle right up their ass! That'll teach him/her not to mess with u again.

eeeh placebo effect? It quiet possible. In the health industry, Im convinced thats how a lot of the weight loss/bodybuilding supplements sectors are so successful. Yet, physiologically speaking, a lot of these people could achieve the bodies they want without the supps.....but whatever gets you up and moving i suppose. Im just stating based on observation throughout my lifetime.

lol, no way, my doc was cute and nice; so i'll save the shoving thing for someone else. I did take my meds and i did notice a difference, def more productive, improved concentration. So who knows, i might have a case of mild-moderate ADHD.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think hormones have an effect on a person's brain during devolpment in the womb; read an article about the effects of hormones on a person's temperament... One example is people diagnosed with bi-polar disorder ussualy have increased dopamine levels... So I think there is a parrellel between ENFP's have ADD/ADHD more oft; I don't think all ENFP's have it but I do think that the likelyhood of us having it are perhaps increased... I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 23 years old (as an adult as well)... It doesn't make a person a bad person; there are some statistics from phsycologist Edward M. Hallowell in which he states that ADD/ADHD folks tend to have higher IQ's then the average person; they require constant stimulation and get bored rather easily. It's a tricky thing to diagnose though because all the traits are normal: it's just those traits showing up in such a degree as to cripple a person to function... There are varius levels of it.
yeah, been reading up on it and its def an interesting disorder. I def see the parallels of my personality type and ADD/ADHD. it quiet fascinating actually, sooooo many similarities:shocked:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ive been diagnosed with ADD lol n then my doctor who is the best in my city says listen here i dont believe in this ADD bullshit so im not going to prescribe you anything because while u may be interfering with the teachers work LOLOLOLOL :laughing::laughing::laughing: ur not getting bad grades and ur very intelligent so u must not be interfering with ur work so ur fine :DD

N yeh even if they gave me something i wouldn't have taken it because some of the greatest minds n talents in this world have been diagnosed with ADD n their fine :laughing::laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts