Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A budget problem is forcing my patience to wait a year on an mba program.
In the mean time, keep gathering applicable experience and it'll mean more.

I have this feeling of boiling blood, adrenaline... not sure if angry. I envisage a picture of wall after wall and me ripping through brick, but they only get denser and denser, but I get more frantic until the picture goes white.

Is this normal?
...and is this a cool way to describe feelings or what =D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Talking about feelings in an ENTJ forum?

And I cannot see your question besides your retorical question of being normal by being determined.

Reactions: MyDarkAngel

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Sounds like anger and frustration to me...the boiling blood and adrenaline sounds like anger, but the breaking through brick walls getting denser makes me think frustration. That's my guess, but I suppose it could also be anxiety.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i need to let loose, feel a little wierd posting this stuff now.
*takes a squash racket to beat some balls after work*
...or go swimming

Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
yeah i need to let loose, feel a little wierd posting this stuff now.
*takes a squash racket to beat some balls after work*
...or go swimming
Or you could try hugging someone...I'm kidding I'm kidding!! :) Actually, I'm starting a book called Mindfulness by Mark Williams and Danny Penmam, it's about meditation by using mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT)...you pay attention to your breathing; It's not spiritual meditation. It's pretty interesting stuff and it's not a bunch of "feeler" mumbo jumbo, I was actually introduced to it by an INTJ :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called up the university to defer entry.
I could have found ways to finance entry into this year, but convinced work experience will help the course and that a better financial standing before going in means less pressure to part-time work and juggle the course.

Next question, wtf am I going to do for a year, current job is fairly well paying... but experience is platau-ing, so I have brain-cells to spare. Push for more experience (i'm due to have a post-3 month talk), take up relevant interests associated to future career, self-learning, set up a club?.

Gonna learn myself some corporate and business strategy and SunTzu, that was pretty much the toughest subject in the BA.

Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
999 Posts
I could have found ways to finance entry into this year, but convinced work experience will help the course and that a better financial standing before going in means less pressure to part-time work and juggle the course.

Next question, wtf am I going to do for a year, current job is fairly well paying... but experience is platau-ing, so I have brain-cells to spare. Push for more experience (i'm due to have a post-3 month talk), take up relevant interests associated to future career, self-learning, set up a club?.

Gonna learn myself some corporate and business strategy and SunTzu, that was pretty much the toughest subject in the BA.
Some possible options:

1. A lot of MBA programs allow you to transfer in 6-12 units (2-4 classes) from other universities. If you can find a significantly cheaper MBA program (many have online MBA programs), you can take a couple classes in the next year on the cheap and then transfer them into your program next year and you'll already be partially finished. I know of a few cheapish MBA programs if you're interested. Also, don't worry that you're not admitted to these other programs - many of them will allow you to take a few courses as a "conditionally admitted student" (not fully through the admissions process).

2. Take one class per semester/quarter as a "non admitted student" at the MBA program that you'll be in next year. If you go part time it should be cheaper than if you were a full time student.

My point is...you can make "cheap progress" towards your degree over the next year while you're waiting. If your MBA program is organized as a "cohort", where all students have to progress together at the same pace, then obviously this would all be meaningless.

·
Banned
1,096 Posts

Not sure where you are, but, in the U.S. I got a full-time job at the college I wanted my degree from. I was able to take 2 courses tuition-free every semester, as a benefit of my employment there. I was able to earn my master's tuition-free. I just paid for fees and books. It took longer than attending as a full-time student, but, I came out with no debt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.