Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I wondered if anyone else experiences this from time to time. For me, right now I think it is partly exhaustion because of uni work etc., but it would be nice to hear back from others on how they snap themselves out of it!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have experienced this a lot this year. I went through two or three months where I was completely burnt out. I can't really impose anything on myself to try to fix it either. I'd say do things you enjoy and possibly find some sort of creative outlets. Those help ground me, but I know everyone is different. Spending time outdoors helps me as well (away from human structure and demands). This is normal and will pass in time. Take care.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've dealt with that frustrating feeling for years so I empathize. I'm still like that as always but not as intensely as before.

Reactions: Mishkin

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I can relate thoroughly...
It's to do with our inward focus. Looking inwards means that we miss the schedules and deadlines and attention to normality that most other people are concerned by. The holidays exacerbates this, as does social or work exhaustion and any other long periods alone.

The only fix is to establish routine again. You need to make yourself get up and go to bed at the same times, get a set amount of stuff done in a day. I can't do it, but I've tried. You may not be as weak willed as I though, so I urge you to give it a try and you might find yourself getting more focused. It can come at the cost of that introspection that happens in these times too though - so give yourself days off from the schedule to float in your head because at the end of the day it's not you that has something wrong with you, but society.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Oh yes, floaty. I've been floaty for many years and I still get carried away. But I've learned to handle it in public situations better. Setting up strict routines definitely helps; keeping busy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts