Personality Cafe banner

Sp and Leaving Your Comfort Zone

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  OrangeAppled 
Sp-dom.

This question is pretty open ended, but I'm going to try and make my answer concise:

1. I don't really think in terms of comfort zone.

2. I suppose for me, any hands-on learning opportunity that involves a chance of failure (with real world consequences) is a step outside what's comfortable. But I'm also not really... uncomfortable when I do this. It's not SOP, but because I'm going in with a goal in mind it's not really an issue.

3. There are certain "stepping out of what I'm comfortable with" actions that ultimately leave me very unhappy. Specifically in the area of relationships/social things. Example, going to events or meeting people I don't want to meet or converse with. Dating someone just to gain exposure to romantic relationships. I used to do this more because I always wanted to see if I could find a silver lining from any situation. After a few years of this, I'm not as big on that approach. I now turn down any social obligations I am not 100% comfortable doing. It's not worth the energy or effort.

On an enneagram note, I think Sp has nothing to do with comfort zone. Comfort zones are about the Blindspot. Leaving one's comfort zone has less to do with not indulging the first instinct and more to do with paying attention to and prioritizing the last one.

But that's an anecdotally-based idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.