Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out my friend's stacking.

She is a very clear sp type in my opinion.
She is very independent and primarily interested in self-preservational areas over social/sexual.
She's a picky eater and frugal.
This is not in doubt for me..but I'm having a hard time determining if she's sp/sx or sp/so since the sp variant clearly is dominant over the other two.

Things which make me think sp/so
-Formal with those she doesn't know well.
-Not very interested in relationships. She's 26 and has never had a boyfriend..have to take things very slowly.
-Doesn't like being touched by others..likes her own space.
-Business-oriented
-Dresses modestly
-Likes routine and hates change..prefers boring over exciting.

Things which make me think sp/sx
-Doesn't care about what other people think of her.
-Only pays attention to those she actually cares about.
-Very bright but lacks an interest in issues which don't directly relate to her.
-Have formed a very close friendship with her..she's open around me but at the same time, I feel I was very much the driving force of creating the connection we have.

Thoughts?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
-Not very interested in relationships. She's 26 and has never had a boyfriend..have to take things very slowly.
-Business-oriented
-Dresses modestly

-Very bright but lacks an interest in issues which don't directly relate to her.
-Have formed a very close friendship with her..she's open around me but at the same time, I feel I was very much the driving force of creating the connection we have.

Thoughts?
All the ones that you listed as sx-second I think don't have much to do with stacking. I'm sp/so myself, and I could say all those traits ascribed to sx are ones that I have myself. Do you know if she longs for intensity in her intimate connections? As sp/so, intimacy makes me very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@BroNerd
I can't tell you one way or the other. with Sp doms you often have to get to know us better to figure out our second instinct
Yea, she's very private about a lot of stuff and is generally not expressive with body language. So, it's hard to figure out her true desires/goals.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the ones that you listed as sx-second I think don't have much to do with stacking. I'm sp/so myself, and I could say all those traits ascribed to sx are ones that I have myself. Do you know if she longs for intensity in her intimate connections? As sp/so, intimacy makes me very uncomfortable.
She doesn't long for intensity. I think she desires a few close connections with others but she shies away from those kinds of connections..she doesn't like the idea of losing control. Intimacy, on the whole, does make her uncomfortable.
Actually, I feel that I have to be careful about what I do/say, otherwise, I might scare her off..but on the whole, we have a very close/open friendship..she likes one-on-one conversations better than group conversations because she feels more comfortable in them.

I prefer one-on-one conversations too but as an extrovert, I'm guessing it's for different reasons.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I'm trying to figure out my friend's stacking.

She is a very clear sp type in my opinion.
She is very independent and primarily interested in self-preservational areas over social/sexual.
She's a picky eater and frugal.
This is not in doubt for me..but I'm having a hard time determining if she's sp/sx or sp/so since the sp variant clearly is dominant over the other two.

-Business-oriented
-Dresses modestly

Thoughts?
The stuff in bold definitely says Sp/So, to me — especially the boring vs. exciting. Sp/Sx will have a more grounded nature, BUT they still look for intense connections/experiences, and it doesn't sound like she really has that. The business/formal thing could be upbringing, but it is also something more commonly described in the So.

The thing about never having a boyfriend... that depends on the reasons behind it. If she wants one but just hasn't actively gone out looking, then that is more Sx — I should know, I'm basically in the same boat. I'm almost 28 and I've only been in one romantic relationship, but it isn't because I don't want one, but because I want to know a person before I can even decide if I want to date them. Plus, I feel sorta socially disconnected when it comes to the dating scene, it's just not my thing. But I digress... So, if her reasons are because she doesn't really value close, one-on-one relationships that points much more to an So.

Also, this is probably the best resource on Instinctual Subtypes that I've come across: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/133-Instinctual-Stackings

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stuff in bold definitely says Sp/So, to me — especially the boring vs. exciting. Sp/Sx will have a more grounded nature, BUT they still look for intense connections/experiences, and it doesn't sound like she really has that. The business/formal thing could be upbringing, but it is also something more commonly described in the So.

The thing about never having a boyfriend... that depends on the reasons behind it. If she wants one but just hasn't actively gone out looking, then that is more Sx — I should know, I'm basically in the same boat. I'm almost 28 and I've only been in one romantic relationship, but it isn't because I don't want one, but because I want to know a person before I can even decide if I want to date them. Plus, I feel sorta socially disconnected when it comes to the dating scene, it's just not my thing. But I digress... So, if her reasons are because she doesn't really value close, one-on-one relationships that points much more to an So.

Also, this is probably the best resource on Instinctual Subtypes that I've come across: Socionics - the16types.info - Instinctual Stackings
Thank you so much for your input!
I definitely think she's a sp/so now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts