Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tying to understand more about myself in order to ... well ... be awesome but I have some trouble figuring what type I am. Now I'm confused as hell. Tests seem inconclusive beyond "NF"

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

0. I drink too much, and on my own. I can go weeks, months even, without touching a drop, then extremes I can be drinking a bottle of wine every second night. So, aside from looking at myself more closely, I've quit for good now. When I quit, I tend to become captain energy and talk to people in the office 10x more and get really distracted from work. So, what I'm going to do is do this questionnaire again in 3 months time and see if my answers have changed.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

It gave a page of images, not a single one so I guess I'll just chose the one that loaded first

I'm not allowed to post links so : farm4.staticflickr.com/3772/9516248250_97c2356ebf_b .jpg
Remove the spaces.

I get the impression of coldness, damn, smelly almost stagnant water mixed with crumbling decaying wet bricks and mortar. It's not very inviting but at the same time calm and peaceful. The kind of place I'd explore, but not someplace I'd ever live.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Mostly calmly but with hint of annoyace "Mother.fucker." raising up my hands then <sigh>
"Well... You'd best stretch your legs while I call the insurance company. Could be worse I guess, at least it's not raining. heh..:s"

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I assumed I was driving :p

eeeeerm, why not I guess. It's not often I go to a concert. It might be fun.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Okay, so lets say they think we should just bomb siria.
I'd screw up my face and go "What? Yeah you say that, but if it came down to it you don't really BELIEVE that." If they continued "Uhuh. Sure." (dumbass)

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Guy I know says he threatened to slap his ex. I told him if he does I'll find him and beat him with a metal pole. Someone at work is constantly sucking up and agreeing with things just to appear in a good light. I say/do nothing but hate the very sound of their voice and avoid having them within my field of vision.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Don't get involved with a girl that's seeing someone : SO much drama, and they'll just do the same to me. If they aren't mature enough to close the door on one relationship before opening another or aren't willing to, then they aren't worth the investement (and It'll be everything) I put in them.
Don't cheat. The pain it causes my partner will likely cause me more pain/guilt than it causes them. Just couldn't do it.

Don't let people pick on others. Fucking bullies. Break them. Why? Just because I'm protective.
If someone tries to directly hinder me, or someone I care about, any and all action is opened up to prevent them being an issue. Law doesn't come into it. Otherwise though, I don't even litter or speed. Why? Because I wont stand for it.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I want the best for everyone (unless they don't want the best for me.)
b) I'm carrying around a lot of pain and can't seem to get out of the crater. I tend to keep to myself/ It's not that I don't like people, but when I go out it normally results in just more pain. I /can/ be very friendly and will go around and shake everyones hand and say hi enthusiatically to everyone on a good day and good days can last a week till something knocks be down again. I can't seem to forgive, and can't stand if someone has gotten 1 up on me.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Often. I get a gut feelings about everything that a traffic light is going to go green (probably because subconciously I remember roughly how long it's normally red for I guess.) and turning left will be better than right, to I think X event will happen on Y so I will book time off for that. I also look at people and when they say "yeah everythings good" I can normally tell if they're talking bullshit.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) I haven't had much energy for a while, proably because I've been drinking too much, but when I'm not drinking working out (weights) and movies like avengers something fast paced, fighting against the odds sort of thing gives me a boost.

b) Reading my mail. I don't live in a country that's my mother's tounge, and they use excessive paperwork that is not easy to understand. Even the thought of having to trawl through it sucks the life out of me. The thought of also having to go deal with these idiots in person as it can be easier is also draining since my grasp of their language is poor, and I have a weird aversion to asking for help (which when I do ask, I get it but I feel like I am hindering that person.)

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I'm really bad at showing higher levels of interest with women. I can flirt like hell, but rarely seem to be able to push past that threshhold. If I have the displeasure of someone I hate in my presence I just grit my teeth and bite down on it, ignoring them as best I can till they fuck off. Internally. Wow...I don't think I repress anything internally. It just all just sloshes around in there. If I remember something embarassing I bite down on that though, if that counts.[/QUOTE]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.