This is an alternate questionnaire form you can fill out and post in order to help determine your Cognitive Functions!
Please start a new thread when filling the questions out; don't post answers here.
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Thank you to everyone who provided input and feedback. More suggestions are welcome; I can always make a new revision.
0. Not too stressful, No mental illness, No mind or mood altering medicine, Male, 28, curious state of mind.
1. https://www.flickr.com/photos/salman2000/17220759672/in/explore-2015-04-21 It's very pretty, I loved looking at the roots of the tree and imagining how complex they are and the beautiful textures and shadows they create in contrast to the smooth water. I also like the feeling of solemness in the picture and uniqueness the one tree has in comparison to everything else in the photo.
2. Meh I may actually laugh sarcastically or just yell out 'REKT' if I know the people well other than that I wouldn't get verbally upset or loud, if it's not my car I wouldn't be too stressed. I'd ask if anyone could fix it and try to figure out how to deal with with the cars safety and not recommend leaving it till we knew what was happening there. I'd be sad I couldn't see the band but at the same time okay with it because I truly hate large crowds and would rather enjoy my music alone with headphones in my room where I can't be distracted from what I'm actually interested in. I'd feel bad for everyone else that was really looking forward to it as well though and try to help come up with a way to still get there even if we're late once we've dealt with the car.
3. If I had a good friend there, I'd be like ugh.... 'fuck it, lets go I'm gonna get drunk so I can actually be a little more sociable. I'm not an angry or loud drunk it just intensifies my personality and lets me not mind social norms as much that usually exhaust me. I don't like getting 'trashed however' so would try to stay enough with it to help take care of the others at the end of the night.
4. Depends if I'm still buzzed or not and if we've spoke about it before. If it's politics or them being intolerant I'll get angry inside, then let them have it. I'll probably call them out and remember something that they say/do that completely contradicts what they're proclaiming now and how stupid it is, and if they wanna continue that train of thought then cool do it. But do it in your head, or when I'm not around.
5. Depends where I am, If I'm at home and it's something my gf/friend/family say I may just hold it in and take it with a grain of salt unless it's really serious. Like if someone said putting money into art programs at school was a waste of money, I would walk away or call them out depending how much it bothered me and the way they worded it.
6. I try to be tolerant, and live with a to each their own. Don't impose on me and I won't impose on you attitude. I can be judgmental and take certain comments personally since I've grown up in the bible belt and in a hardcore conservative military family as a faith questioning artist and musician. Having to defend myself my choices and my passions since I was old enough to really develop my own opinions and ideas has caused some calluses and touchy areas at the same time.
7. I can be very creative, and given time (an desire) very good with words (in writing). I really care about about people deeply even if they don't see it. I don't get in the way, and without question typically offer respect to everyone to best of my ability but expect it back. I'm a little too much of a perfectionist and hard on myself, that can cause me to lose motivation and or be lazy because I can get in this self-loathing cycle at times.
8. Depends, most the time I keep them to myself, I get a lot about other people and what may happen if I chose to do any given specific action. I get most of my hunches when I'm creating something be it a drawing/painting/song/poem/or people and what they'll do/say.
9. a.) Being alone and thinking/contemplating/daydreaming. Painting and drawing even researching something I'm interested in is enjoyable to me as well as long as I'm alone I can't think as well or deeply with other people around me. Typically at night when everyone is asleep and I know nothing will distract me from what I'm doing.
b.) Doing chores, like laundry, going out for groceries, balancing money, making a daily planner, and being around people even two other people will start to really drain me after about 4 hours. I need an extremely large amount of alone time to function well and be happy.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why? I typically don't show any many facial expressions in public or even in a family setting we don't agree on a lot. With friends still not often but I don't stress it nearly as much and may even exaggerate it a bit to be funny now and then. I tend to seem expressionless with family or public to not cause confrontation or talk about something I'd rather not get in to because I already know it won't end well, the more certain things are explored the more they'll see I really don't agree with them and may feel bad about themselves and be awkward with me from there on out.