Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tendency to come up with these ideas in my mind of the motivation behind someone's actions, then I'll call the person out on it to see how they react to my statement. Typically defensiveness indicates that I'm right while a look as if I'm retarded indicates that I'm wrong, haha.

Anyone else do this?

If so, what are the ethical implications?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I should try this.. Cause most of the time I do have a feeling that I can see through people and know their motivations, though I've never really tried telling them everything what's on my mind about that. Cause with most of the cases, it'd get pretty awkward if I did. XD

·
Registered
597 Posts
my little brother does that to me but i dont realize that he's testing me until like 2 days later. then ill just think to myself "how clever"
Yup, he is guessing probably versions and finally figure out how it is, because he could read your reaction.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I do this all the time and it's gotten me into a lot of trouble, because apparently making observations looks accusatory. Also, a lot of times I will not accuse anyone, but use the English Grammar rule every sentence has to have a noun. So I use a noun which happens to be a person, and people get angry that I talk like that, because it sounds accusatory.

I have a tendency to come up with these ideas in my mind of the motivation behind someone's actions, then I'll call the person out on it to see how they react to my statement. Typically defensiveness indicates that I'm right while a look as if I'm retarded indicates that I'm wrong, haha.

Anyone else do this?

If so, what are the ethical implications?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts