Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is your normal route? Do you speak up if you disagree? Do you keep your mouth shut to avoid trouble? Do you have to be pushed in order to express your opinion?

I find I'm somewhat opinionated. If i disagree with something objectively, I will say so. However if something bothers me on an emotional level, I will keep it to myself.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Normally I keep my mouth shut because I've analyzed the problem and not found a solution, and therefore I find no reason to bring it up. I'll deal with it (bad habit, I know). I'll speak my mind if I'm really opinionated about it or if I'm comfortable in the situation. If I'm not, then again, I stay quiet. Part of that I know is from repeatedly not having my opinion listened to because I am a child.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I find I'm somewhat opinionated. If i disagree with something objectively, I will say so. However if something bothers me on an emotional level, I will keep it to myself.
Yes. This is because if something bothers me on an emotional level, that signals that it's an issue that has no good answer. Meaning: it probably involves other people and their personalities/opinions, and so it's best just to not get into it.

If it's objective, then it's something work-related, something that probably has a solution, or something that I can discuss without feeling like everyone else in the room is a jerk.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Extremely opinionated on issues that affect me directly or that I have a personal interest in. Though I rarely feel comfortable expressing said opinions. Come to think of it, I usually don't bother.

Sometimes I express opinions on lesser issues but that's just for amusement.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't usually say anything argumentative irl unless someone says something that pisses me off, or is incredibly stupid, and yes, one can sometimes cause the other.

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
Yeah, I usually keep my mouth shut in real life.

I don't know if you've noticed yet, but I'm sort of a dick.
And I neglect to take the feelings of other people into account.

I usually just roll under-the-radar.
I prefer to be seen as "unassuming" and "shy."
I'm a "less-is-more" kinda guy. Less work.

That is until somebody pisses me off.
I take pleasure in making 'em red in the face.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
For me, it depends on the people I'm with and whether I'm in the mood for talking.

Some people are not very open minded nor rational and I usually don't say much around them because it will probably just start a conflict. I'll express my opinion around others though fairly freely.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I usually wait until the right time and until I'm sufficiently informed before I speak up.

It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I would say more if people people around me weren't dumb fucks. I simply can't be bothered with wasting my breath.
I can definitely relate to this at work. I work with a few people that are of college age and not enrolled because of kids or other issues and they just seem dumb as fuck to me. A couple people there didn't know what CG (or CGI) was. They couldn't do simple decimal problems in their heads like 1 - .19 = .81. Um...let me think of other dumb shit...a 17 year old there didn't know what the word 'contain' means.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Im at a point where Ill allow people to be ignorant/ stupid on their own will. Speaking up requires too much effort and I am generally accepting of the fact that everyone don't know how to properly rationalize things. I cant be bothered every time I come across an idiot. That got to be a horrible way to live. *shrugs*

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
When it comes to strangers or people I consider non-factors I couldn't be arsed to correct them, and/or share my opinions whatsoever. Otherwise I don't mind objective exchange about things, but once emotional hissyfits start I'm out. Or I remain opted in to push le buttonz~ some moar.

Depends how much I'm enjoying butthurt at that very moment.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
It depends on the situation. I do find that I speak my mind more than keeping it to myself.
My opinion can be very slicing at times so I sometimes use my super-duper-dy-awesome charm abilities to keep some peace and be able to say my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If I have friends around I'll speak my mind no matter what. Otherwise I dont want to be arguing 10 people at once, its fun but you'll be outcasted after awhile

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will also add, i can be very outspoken when i'm positive i'm right.

in personal relationships, like with my husband, i border on being a total dick when i think i'm right and he's wrong. sometimes i have to pull back and be like "ok geez, reel it in, asshole."

I regularly utter the phrase "That's the stupidest thing I"ve heard all day."

I think I'm more polite with strangers.

Reactions: madhatter

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm a strict follower of, "Fuck it, we'll do it live."
If it's on my mind, I speak it.
Doesn't matter if I'm wrong or not, or have an unpopular opinion.
I say it.

Reactions: Benja
1 - 20 of 31 Posts