Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is inspired by reading the big MBTI book "Please Understand Me". David Kearsy speaks of not having encountered NFs in his World War II experience. But NFs had to be in the war, just like everyone else.

It got me thinking...If you're a fellow ENFP and got drafted, how would you respond, fight, abstain, etc?

I honestly worry about myself and I hope I am never drafted. I feel like a good guy but when I've thought about this in the past if I really hated the enemy..I would commit war crimes in the interest of NATO and defending alliance interests. This sounds like a very dark post for an ENFP and those here that know me, but I know my own soul.

Not like I would shoot innocents, but like massacre an enemy squad that did.

What would happen is I would see the enemy, as dehumanizing our side. As soon as "dehumanization" and "sides" come into the conversation a switch in my head flips. Especially if I saw what actions I took not just defending some "cause" but the frightened souls beside me.

Very dark post again, but this is actually on my mind at least 1-2 a week as I study military history as a hobby :/

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
My hubby is a military historian, btw. Lol
Okay but me, I like to put myself there like it’s a book or movie. So I have several plots going for me. First of all... there is no way that I wouldn’t have done some underground stuff if I’d been a civilian in a Nazi occupied (or also Soviet iron curtain) country. I’ve wondered if I would have the courage, and I’ve decided that facing a day without doing something to protest would be more unbearable than the thought of dying.
I think of this one a lot. I watch movies, read books etc on people who withstood and rebelled. There’s a bunch of different plots I e explored. Polish, Berlin, Etc.
You? It would be cool to hear what scenarios catch your eye?

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Oh and I see about being drafted... that’s the most likely scenario. The book that in my opinion is my favorite and gives lots of info on how men act as soldiers as told from a woman’s perspective is “A Woman in Berlin”. I absolutely love it. She was a journalist writing about Soviet occupation in Berlin. Um... my parents know many people who survived that time. Half the women had herpes in Berlin..from what I remember my mom’s friend said that half of her graduating class died from herpes...I’d have to re-check in that. . give you an idea? But she writes brilliantly and unflinchingly and she does show the guys who were too kind to do the crazy tortured and raping and tried to be civilized but their attempts just seemed so bizarre in the setting.

My husband reads the soldier journals/ memoirs, so maybe I will ask which are his favorite. Actually I think the book “But I Survived” is his favorite.
His specialty is Poland, he lived there for 2 years. I lived in Denmark for 2 years. We are American. Um... yeah... ,

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There’s a bunch of different plots I e explored. Polish, Berlin, Etc.
You? It would be cool to hear what scenarios catch your eye?
Cool about your husband, I'm mostly into naval history. Battleships and the like :)

My war scenarios I dream of are always of me leading a small squad. I come upon a situation where I need to 1.) defend them in a case where I do something unethical or 2.) witness something unethical with my squad and then doing something bad to the enemy.

I've always been a small group leader, never good at, or wanted to, lead a larger group. But my point of all this is I know my own dark potential in a war.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,153 Posts
There is a question in the ENFP "ask a question" by Solaris but I'm sure it's buried. He pointed out his wife would die in a war like Poland's invasion by Germany because she's an ENFP and speaks out.

Normally I stay away from conflict but there is something about people being oppressed that gets my Te bitch slap up in arms. Like I seriously dislike Trump supporters or Nazi or the KKK.

I would probably die because I would not be able to zip it and stay low. It always sparks me and then I'm left doing this.

I find if I put people on ignore or remove them from my life, it's a much pleasant situation. I still agree if something bad happens my husband might have to seriously keep me hidden and silenced for my own good so I can live.

Now Zombie war, I'm your girl. Or general war tactics, I'm a great shot with my bow and I'm proficient in first aid. I don't think I would be afraid to get my hands dirty and I'm not squeamish. Plus I've done some fun survival camping with my ROTC in college where they drop you off in a place and tell you to survive while huffing it to a point. You never forget how to be a scout.

With the internship I did at the hospital before getting sick I could probably remember and assist in how to remove an appendix. Though heart attacks, brain tumors, removal of tumors you would be screwed lol.

I also have a BOB bag and seriously checked it the day Trump came into office.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
@NIHM. Yes I think @Solaris was agreeing with me.. I might be remembering wrong. I was saying for sure I would die. I feel like I know where I would be, what I would do. In Germany I would have been distributing anti-Nazi pro-humanitarian propaganda just like the female student who died doing so— was beheaded. She was Mormon as well, I believe.. which makes it so easy for me to relate to. The movie on her is called “The White Rose”.
In Poland I would have been working at the hospitals and those nurses saved hundreds of Jews. A huge effort. The person who saved the most people was a nurse in Poland. I can’t remember which hospital, likely The Warsaw ghetto hospital... the other hospitals also have jiusy insane stories about what happened when the Germans were trying to exterminate the Poles. It’s strange to me that people don’t often include talking about the Poles in Hitler’s genocide— it was actually the group he was talking about with all the genocide quotes. *shrug*. If I remember right he emptied (killed) Warsaw of 3/4 if it’s inhabitants in a few days. *shakes head*.

Reactions: NIHM

·
Registered
ENFP
4,195 Posts
Oh and I see about being drafted... that’s the most likely scenario. The book that in my opinion is my favorite and gives lots of info on how men act as soldiers as told from a woman’s perspective is “A Woman in Berlin”. I absolutely love it. She was a journalist writing about Soviet occupation in Berlin. Um... my parents know many people who survived that time. Half the women had herpes in Berlin..from what I remember my mom’s friend said that half of her graduating class died from herpes...I’d have to re-check in that. . give you an idea? But she writes brilliantly and unflinchingly and she does show the guys who were too kind to do the crazy tortured and raping and tried to be civilized but their attempts just seemed so bizarre in the setting.

My husband reads the soldier journals/ memoirs, so maybe I will ask which are his favorite. Actually I think the book “But I Survived” is his favorite.
His specialty is Poland, he lived there for 2 years. I lived in Denmark for 2 years. We are American. Um... yeah... ,
This is exactly why I recently have been seriously considering tying up my tubes. Because in war, all hell breaks loose. And as a woman? I need to protect myself. Vinereal diseases from rape, fine. Worst case scenario. But, bringing in another life on this already dying planet in the midst of chaos??

If I were drafted, I'd find a way to fake death, build a bunker, a hole somewhere, grow a permaculture garden if possible, and then find a way to build a boat and escape wherever whichever way I can. Install a desalinization system on the boat, grow food that way, and just wash away in the ocean. I don't mind dying underneath the stars away from all of the chaos. I surely as hell would not be fighting nor killing anyone. I wouldn't as hell be taking sides, because there's just nothing good coming out of war. No goodness at all. I'd also be preparing to help build pods for those who are deceased. Flower pods that bury people underground so it grows another tree. It's a great symbolism for life, as opposed to cremation. For those alive, I'd likely start a camp in which we draft out ways and devise strategies for living in our own anarchist colony, where we also devise and implement alternative ways for growing food, creating shelter, meeting the basic necessities for health and sanitation, especially.

I'd opt out by forming my own group who chose not to fight in war, but that would have to be a whole micro-level systemic planning, which I wouldn't enforce publicly. It'd just be low-key underground for those who choose to participate, and abide to especially by a peaceful treaty we all elect to as part of the collective.

Edit- The flower pod idea stems from a burial ground found in Africa during an archeological excavation. The concept is so poetic, especially in times of war. But the act of giving back in times of death it's so symbolic, and so beautiful in the midst of tragedy.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There is a question in the ENFP "ask a question" by Solaris but I'm sure it's buried. He pointed out his wife would die in a war like Poland's invasion by Germany because she's an ENFP and speaks out.

Normally I stay away from conflict but there is something about people being oppressed that gets my Te bitch slap up in arms. Like I seriously dislike Trump supporters or Nazi or the KKK.

I would probably die because I would not be able to zip it and stay low. It always sparks me and then I'm left doing this.

I find if I put people on ignore or remove them from my life, it's a much pleasant situation. I still agree if something bad happens my husband might have to seriously keep me hidden and silenced for my own good so I can live.

Now Zombie war, I'm your girl. Or general war tactics, I'm a great shot with my bow and I'm proficient in first aid. I don't think I would be afraid to get my hands dirty and I'm not squeamish. Plus I've done some fun survival camping with my ROTC in college where they drop you off in a place and tell you to survive while huffing it to a point. You never forget how to be a scout.

With the internship I did at the hospital before getting sick I could probably remember and assist in how to remove an appendix. Though heart attacks, brain tumors, removal of tumors you would be screwed lol.

I also have a BOB bag and seriously checked it the day Trump came into office.
Man, great post...I love the Zombie War stuff and your practical skill description!

I'm...Confession *dives away from NIHM's bow, hiding behind @Jawz * quite conservative for an ENFP politically. Honed in the traditionally masculine zen that is fellow-Canadian Jordan Peterson's modern gospel. I think it's due to me being an ENFP-A (68% assertive) and that my "F" is my lowest of my four letters, the only one showing a slight preference over "T" (whereas my EN_P are very preferred). However, it's important to note I've never NOT scored "F".

This unusual preference for an ENFP I think would drive me more to doing unethical things in war because that's how right wing people bind during times of conflict. Tribalism, absolutism, and patriotism (in the most traditional sense). We also glorify the military during peace or war. All these stereotypes I admit lol and feed into me knowing how my switch could flip.

EDIT: I also grew up playing paintball and especially the more niche sport "airsoft" in an aggressive manner. I spent my late teens and early 20s walking around forests with fake submachine guns, grenades, and pistols (often at least 2/3 in hand at the same time lol) shooting my friends on weekends and the male mind remains plastic to imprint such behavior up until 25.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
To answer the question.... I'm 150% anti-War. I left a war torn country (sort of war torn as where I lived wasn't that bad) so I've already taken the action I would in a war. I would find a place of relative peace.

I do consider myself a bit of a revolutionary though and I did throw myself into the midst of one revolution to overthrow one PoS dictator. Did what I could like getting out on the streets etc. It's really not a scary experience once you get caught up in the excitement.

Musharraf sent troops directly to our TV station to confiscate the broadcast equipment. Our TV channel responded by holding peaceful protests on the streets. I was part of the team that helped organize the rallies.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,153 Posts
Man, great post...I love the Zombie War stuff and your practical skill description!

I'm...Confession *dives away from NIHM's bow, hiding behind @Jawz * quite conservative for an ENFP politically. Honed in the traditionally masculine zen that is fellow-Canadian Jordan Peterson's modern gospel. I think it's due to me being an ENFP-A (68% assertive) and that my "F" is my lowest of my four letters, the only one showing a slight preference over "T" (whereas my EN_P are very preferred). However, it's important to note I've never NOT scored "F".

This unusual preference for an ENFP I think would drive me more to doing unethical things in war because that's how right wing people bind during times of conflict. Tribalism, absolutism, and patriotism (in the most traditional sense). We also glorify the military during peace or war. All these stereotypes I admit lol and feed into me knowing how my switch could flip.

EDIT: I also grew up playing paintball and especially the more niche sport "airsoft" in an aggressive manner. I spent my late teens and early 20s walking around forests with fake submachine guns, grenades, and pistols (often at least 2/3 in hand at the same time lol) shooting my friends on weekends and the male mind remains plastic to imprint such behavior up until 25.
I'm a Republican so not shocked. I'm pretty conservative for an ENFP. I just hate with a passion Trump and anyone that would follow him. Conservative does not mean being a bigot. I didn't vote for Obama twice but good gravy I would take him back in a second over this imbecile-traitor-racist-orange cheeto. I'm literally voting blue this time along with my entire Republican family, we're just fed up. Hopefully, the Dems will have the balls to impeach him.

Edit: I'm great with a gun, just better with my bow. Grew up in the boondocks outside a small town in the Texas Hill Country.

To answer the question.... I'm 150% anti-War. I left a war torn country (sort of war torn as where I lived wasn't that bad) so I've already taken the action I would in a war. I would find a place of relative peace.

I do consider myself a bit of a revolutionary though and I did throw myself into the midst of one revolution to overthrow one PoS dictator. Did what I could like getting out on the streets etc. It's really not a scary experience once you get caught up in the excitement.

Musharraf sent troops directly to our TV station to confiscate the broadcast equipment. Our TV channel responded by holding peaceful protests on the streets. I was part of the team that helped organize the rallies.
Respect.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,153 Posts
This is exactly why I recently have been seriously considering tying up my tubes. Because in war, all hell breaks loose. And as a woman? I need to protect myself. Vinereal diseases from rape, fine. Worst case scenario. But, bringing in another life on this already dying planet in the midst of chaos??

If I were drafted, I'd find a way to fake death, build a bunker, a hole somewhere, grow a permaculture garden if possible, and then find a way to build a boat and escape wherever whichever way I can. Install a desalinization system on the boat, grow food that way, and just wash away in the ocean. I don't mind dying underneath the stars away from all of the chaos. I surely as hell would not be fighting nor killing anyone. I wouldn't as hell be taking sides, because there's just nothing good coming out of war. No goodness at all. I'd also be preparing to help build pods for those who are deceased. Flower pods that bury people underground so it grows another tree. It's a great symbolism for life, as opposed to cremation. For those alive, I'd likely start a camp in which we draft out ways and devise strategies for living in our own anarchist colony, where we also devise and implement alternative ways for growing food, creating shelter, meeting the basic necessities for health and sanitation, especially.

I'd opt out by forming my own group who chose not to fight in war, but that would have to be a whole micro-level systemic planning, which I wouldn't enforce publicly. It'd just be low-key underground for those who choose to participate, and abide to especially by a peaceful treaty we all elect to as part of the collective.

Edit- The flower pod idea stems from a burial ground found in Africa during an archeological excavation. The concept is so poetic, especially in times of war. But the act of giving back in times of death it's so symbolic, and so beautiful in the midst of tragedy.
Yeah, I'm trying to get pregnant right now but I'm on the second season of The Handmaid's Tale and had to turn it off at the end of the third Episode. I felt sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying to get pregnant right now but I'm on the second season of The Handmaid's Tale and had to turn it off at the end of the third Episode. I felt sick to my stomach.
I can believe it! That show! I think it needs a bunch of Ne to ask crazy obnoxious questions and round it out a bit. What are those women shoveling and why? No reason to move nuclear dirt around in a wheelbarrow to 20 feet away that I know of... see... obnoxious.

Reactions: NIHM and Moby

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm a Republican so not shocked. I'm pretty conservative for an ENFP. I just hate with a passion Trump and anyone that would follow him. Conservative does not mean being a bigot. I didn't vote for Obama twice but good gravy I would take him back in a second over this imbecile-traitor-racist-orange cheeto. I'm literally voting blue this time along with my entire Republican family, we're just fed up. Hopefully, the Dems will have the balls to impeach him.

Edit: I'm great with a gun, just better with my bow. Grew up in the boondocks outside a small town in the Texas Hill Country.

Respect.

You are so f__king cool.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If I am drafted in to army. My first instinct is that I must go to the top.

I will wade my way to leadership. Leading troops effectively that anyone who meet my army will pee in the pant before running for their lives. And claiming power and benefit after the end of the war, to improve lives of the citizens and make sure that there will be no more suffering from wars. I cannot stand it.

Fleshed out version:

When I first get in. I will plan my way to make some accomplishment. In wartime, anyone with talents and accomplishments rise high quickly, as the need to win comes before the systems. Like infiltrating enemy's line. Seems stupid but look at the evidence, you have nothing. You die anyway, either being sent to frontline as meat shield or being beaten to death by superior, so better to stake what you have for the power and positions are the best strategic move, compare to die like a vermin and grace.

If I manage to survive with valuable informations and some other things, I will inevitably have enough to barter a position. Which I certainly will. Granted, our perceptive skills are more than enough to spot weakness in the enemy lines.

I will constantly climb my way to the top, cunningly but I will try not to eliminate potential bodies. In the war time, every brain matters. People are the key factor here. You are lowling soldier? What if you rally people behind you, inspire them with hope? They will follow. You might have to step out of battlefields though. Playing other way (you gain position, you get back for the reinforcement and in the same time bringing more and more connection with you, it's not that higher ups are going to be in the battlefields that is for the expendables) And that's how you climb to the top.

We are generally strategic, so we might see the way to win the war. Strike hard and so fierce that no one will ever stand up against you again. When everything ends, restore the world to make sure no one will be hurt by the wars again. Ever.

//"I train my soldiers that it takes much more courage to retreat than to advance, not through punishment alone but through hope of prosperous future"

This goes to my novel as well, I base my main antagonist on this mindset, do what necessary to achieve the greater goal for her people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts