Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like the appropriate place to put this.

BBC News - Speed-of-light experiments give baffling result at Cern

It seems that and experiment using neutrinos at CERN has produced the baffling result of making them go beyond the speed of light.

"In the course of doing the experiments, the researchers noticed that the particles showed up a few billionths of a second sooner than light would over the same distance.

The team measured the travel times of neutrino bunches some 15,000 times, and have reached a level of statistical significance that in scientific circles would count as a formal discovery."

This only furthens my suspisions that neutrinos are, in fact, universe's trolls.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
wow!

interesting

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
It's entirely possible that there's a fifth fundamental force that's only observed at ludicrously high energies.

"God may be mysterious, but malevolent he is not." - Albert Einstein

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Reactions: ChairmanMeow

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Brb, calling superbulb

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
This seems like the appropriate place to put this.

BBC News - Speed-of-light experiments give baffling result at Cern

It seems that and experiment using neutrinos at CERN has produced the baffling result of making them go beyond the speed of light.

"In the course of doing the experiments, the researchers noticed that the particles showed up a few billionths of a second sooner than light would over the same distance.

The team measured the travel times of neutrino bunches some 15,000 times, and have reached a level of statistical significance that in scientific circles would count as a formal discovery."

This only furthens my suspisions that neutrinos are, in fact, universe's trolls.
Vat? Zis cannot be?!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
QM has already raped relativity so many times it's not even funny.

We've already seen particles tunnel across distances at superluminal speeds.
These FTL neutrinos are screwing with both theories. Welp, lets hope this is an experimental error.

Until then, I will be hiding under my bed with a knife to my throat.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts