Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you better at spelling in your head or writing it down?
How about math?
What about your socializing skills? Can you whip out thoughts or do you struggle to voice?
Any mental illnesses?

I'm really trying to find some link here. I guess I'm losing my edge on google and can't find much.
Or maybe everybody is better on paper but what would limit performance once the pen/paper is removed?

Odear my posts are always dumb, Hi Im Jon I'm new here ^^

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Hey, new-guy-Jon!

I think I see the core issue you're getting at, so I'll try to oblige with appropriate info:

I'm very much a verbally/visually inclined person-so in terms of spelling; it is much easier to tell if a word is spelled incorrectly upon seeing it or envisioning it than going through a more kinetically-inclined process like writing.

I'm like this with puzzles also:verbal or spatial puzzles? I'm there! Though I can force myself to crank out a decent formua in order to solve a problem, it's not something I take joy in. Nor am I especially gifted in this arena.
I'm just better with logic and estimating than cold hard numbers. You dig?

Am I better "on paper"?.... If what you mean by this is something like "Are you a written-communicator or verbal-communicator?" - Verbal. All the way. I'm not a horrid writer, but I'm more articulate in the heat of the moment or whilst giving a presentation. In terms of "whipping out thoughts" - I totally relate. Sometimes I just have an inkling I know the answer, start talking, and with my introductory words-bam. I have my thought :D

I'm guessing this may be an Introversion-Extroversion thang...

*No known mental illnesses of which to speak :)

Aw and hey, not a dumb post at all.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are you better at spelling in your head or writing it down?
Not sure if there's a difference for me. I'm good at both, as I picture the word in my mind and get it out on paper in that accordance.

How about math?
I don't favor raw, theoretical math, as I sometimes fail to see the practical application. I generally don't find it hard to grasp and apply though.

What about your socializing skills? Can you whip out thoughts or do you struggle to voice?
Decent socializing skills, but it really depends on the setting, i.e. how much I have in common with people around me.

Any mental illnesses?
Not as far as I know.

Odear my posts are always dumb, Hi Im Jon I'm new here ^^
Yo Jon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.