Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! What do you think Spencer Hastings' personality type is?? A lot of people seem to think she's a thinker simply because she's widely known as being good in school. But I STRONGLY believe that she's an INFJ! Tell me what you all think!! :)

Ps: I'm talking about the TV show, not the book series!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I definitely see Ni at work, however I don't see INFJ. I more see Te as her dominant function, and ENTJ actually fits pretty well to me. My opinion only comes from the tv show, I've actually never read the books.

Reactions: Kdiosa

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
In the books she seems very INFJ to me. The way she thinks and find connections really seems to be Ni to me. She might be an INTJ too, I'm not sure. In the TV show she's a bit different, but I think she's still a Ni-dominant personality. This is simply personal observation. I could be wrong. It's just the way the character interacts with the others, shuts herself in like an introvert, finds and works out a lot of things, always focused on her personal observations and thinking, etc etc. I can't really find anything specific at the moment but I am pretty sure she's IN_J

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@This Kingdom by the Sea

I definitely don't think she's an NT! Literally ALL of her decisions are feeling-based! And she is SO emotional- in an NF way.
I definitely get why you think she'd be an ENTJ though because of the circumstances of the show. But, you have to remember how crazy the circumstances are! The girls are being stalked by -A. The stuff they have to deal with is TERRIFYING. She does seem very confrontational for an INFJ, but if I were in her position, I would make ALL of the same decisions that she does!

Look at this very funny/accurate post about what each personality type would be like in a horror movie. Pretty Little Liars has similar situations as horror films, so you can figure out which personality type each character is just based on this! I mean, COME ON, who does the INFJ remind you of from the show???:
I'm INFJ, MBTI Types in a Horror Movie

·
Registered
81 Posts
She is an ENTJ. She likes taking leadership positions and being on the spotlight, that indicates E. Being a bookworm doesn't make you an I, I'd know. Another steryotype is that Ts, specially NTs are insensitive and heartless. That is also not true, they just prefer to see things in a logical manner. Spencer always isolates her own emotions when she deals with a problem. For example, Hanna (ESFP) is very emotion-driven and explosive, Aria (ISFP or INFJ) can also act like that when put under presure, but Spencer holds it together. Another thing is that Emily (ISFJ) is very trusting (Fe), and Spencer distrusts everyone. She locked herself up in Radley to evoid talking about her feelings, and said "I never let myself cry in front of anybody". The girls (particularly Emily and Hanna) are constantly arguing with her for being too bossy and not taking their feelings into account.

Reactions: Kdiosa
1 - 5 of 5 Posts