Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Draw your own conclusions. These could be fascinating to look more into from an MBTI perspective if it were ever possible... well, it’s likely not at the moment with how main stream psychology and science MBTI.

Reactions: attic and Red Panda

·
Registered
ENFP
4,195 Posts
Also, depression can be linked to our microbiome... certain strains of bacteria in our stomach naturally create serotonin and modulate dopamine levels. When we're out of balance (especially with over-prescription of antibiotics), a multitude of problems that can make an already pre-existing condition even worse.

So meditation for people who already have gut dysbiosis won't work (especially with breathing techniques).

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
749 Posts
I wonder why the spindle cell needs to be longer than a primordial cell. If what a spindle cell does is related to those "higher level" emotions like shame and self-confidence, I would expect the spindle cell to be shorter. Shame and self-confidence seem to be more of a feedback loop, where there is an expectation and a knowledge that one has or hasn't hit that standard. That thought process needs some back and forth right? So a shorter length cell would transmit that same message faster? Or maybe because the spindle cell needs to connect to further cells from different parts of the brain to form its conclusions.

Not sure how MBTI would fit into it, hopefully some scientist makes this their life's work.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess or hypothesis— and this is just a guess—is that due to the association with suicide I would think spindle cells would be associated with high Fi. From my length of time of PerC we see that Fe is highly associated with feedback from others and easily processes shame from not being on the same wavelength as others, and works hard to be on the same page as others... but Fe usually is not associated with suicide at all. Instead Fi that is highly attuned to shame inside of one’s own values and also well adept at knowing when we are not on the same page as others, yet will not change to be like others, creating the problem in certain cases, depending on if we can find others who feel similarly. Not that everyone doesn’t feel Fi feelings sometimes— of course they do— but those who are Fi users will find themselves in these positions when we don’t find others who have similar values. So this kind of sets up the positioning that they are talking about for people more prone to suicide.... however... I hope people here realize that they are not alone and can find others with the same values... just keep going and keep hope.

I don’t know it’s hard to discuss suicide without me worrying about people... but these processes... it seems in stride with what I experience and also observe about Fi. But of course there is a lot more to test and this is just my hypothesis.

I hope everyone is well out there. You aren’t alone! And your talents passions and feelings are very much needed on this planet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts