Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night me and my friend woke up to this lady saying wake up with a sense of urgency. We had heard it before but not thought anything of it, but last night it was so loud we startled awake, the ghost/ whatever it was sounded desperate urgent like something was wrong. .

I have lived in this room for a month and I keep waking up at 3-4 in the morning with just a feeling someone's watching me, so has my friend so it's not just me.

I don't necessarily believe in this stuff bit last night was so loud and real I don't know what todo.

I am really afraid I am not used to this sort of stuff if anyone has any idea about what it is- what it wants- if it will harm me- how to get rid of it please let me know

I'm scared, can someone please help me with this????

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My suggestion would be to try not to be afraid. Until it obviously tries to harm you, you don't know that that's what it intends right? Not speaking from experience, but perhaps try sleeping in a different room and see if the same thing occurs? This is something you will probably have to figure out for yourself.

In such cases, perhaps think of things which you know are calming for you. For example, music can have a soothing effect. Another thing I'd suggest trying is to sleep with the light on, just to see if things remain consistent.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suggestion would be to try not to be afraid. Until it obviously tries to harm you, you don't know that that's what it intends right? Not speaking from experience, but perhaps try sleeping in a different room and see if the same thing occurs? This is something you will probably have to figure out for yourself.

In such cases, perhaps think of things which you know are calming for you. For example, music can have a soothing effect. Another thing I'd suggest trying is to sleep with the light on, just to see if things remain consistent.
Thank you I really appreciate that, I'm just freaked but thanks for caring and responding I appreciate it

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Thank you I really appreciate that, I'm just freaked but thanks for caring and responding I appreciate it
I have had other sorts of freak out moments before. Best thing for me seems to be keeping trust that i can handle whatever happens, as well as not letting fear build fear into greater amounts. Sorry i can't help more :unsure:. Things like that are tough to know how to take. Real or not real? Doesn't matter, just do the best you can in all cases. (<my thought process, at least)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I don't know if you believe in this sort of stuff but I have been particularly wigged out in some situations I have gotten myself into and have found that articulating that such a spirit is not welcome and "In the name of God, begone." (I would then make the sign of the cross) and that comforts me and the whole aura of the place I am in becomes lightened and I find peace and courage in that. I have never been interested in contacting spirits of the passed and have never gotten a good vibe from those who try. It's freaky stuff and is best to be left alone in my opinion.

Are you religious at all? Say a prayer and ask for peace and protection if you are. I'm not trying to sound like a weirdo or anything but there is some strange stuff out there! And sorry if you have read this whole bit and found none of it helpful.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
INTJ Lad says the first order of business is to setup a video camera or recording device.
INFJ Lad says that it sounds like an incredibly bewildering ordeal and that many would find it... well, terrifying.

I'm certainly no ghost expert or hardcore believer, but it's believed that these spirits may be manifestations of the remnants of some intense feelings or emotions the deceased may have experienced in their life. These "emotions" often work on a cycle of repetition. In other words, these spirits aren't cognizant or capable of any sort of thoughts like you and I. Therefore, it's unlikely that this behavior will escalate or change in any meaningful manner -- you're safe.

Also, similar to what @btsami has mentioned, it's believed that if you tell a spirit to essentially go away, they will leave you alone. I don't recall it being necessary to revolve around religion, but it certainly never hurts.

Outside of this, I think there's something about burning sage in our house and some other mumbo jumbo stuff that may help as well.

Oh ya, to throw this out there. There was a suggestion that spirits can also align themselves with specific objects. So perhaps vintage items, or even thrift store purchases may be possessed. Might be something to keep in mind if you made any past purchases, have heirlooms or what not.

Good luck, girl :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
As with any other terrifying situation fear does not help, at all. I know it may sound harsh but it is the simple truth, fear breeds fear, do whatever you can to calm yourself down in such situations. I completely agree with @Lad here. I would also add that YOUR intense emotions can 'provoke' the spirit(orwhateveritis) to show even more 'emotion' on his/her part. Just like the above guy stated, as far as I'm concerned spirits are not aware of themselves and they only act out past feelings they might have had.
Also it might help to install camera recorders, but it is a double-edged blade, if you objectify such a thing you might end up fearing it some more. It is completely your choice here.
I never had such experiences but my advice here is to stay strong ! You're alive NOT THEM (at least that's what I would think...while repressing my need to destroy them) :)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
last night me and my friend woke up to this lady saying wake up with a sense of urgency. We had heard it before but not thought anything of it, but last night it was so loud we startled awake, the ghost/ whatever it was sounded desperate urgent like something was wrong. .

I have lived in this room for a month and I keep waking up at 3-4 in the morning with just a feeling someone's watching me, so has my friend so it's not just me.

I don't necessarily believe in this stuff bit last night was so loud and real I don't know what todo.

I am really afraid I am not used to this sort of stuff if anyone has any idea about what it is- what it wants- if it will harm me- how to get rid of it please let me know

I'm scared, can someone please help me with this????
You don't need to be scared. I'm not a paranormal expert but I have experienced a few hauntings. If it's just a normal ghost, think of it as a person who is fixated on something so much they can't get over it and that's why they're trying to communicate with you.
There are some options as to what you can do:
You can try and help the ghost by getting a medium/shaman etc. come over to see what the problem is and how the ghost can be helped to pass on

If the energy is negative you can claim your space by stating you do not want the ghost there and it's your room. Smudging the room with sage could possibly clear the space, at least temporarily, of the ghost. ... OR have a priest bless your house if that is more aligned with your belief system.

You can process your own fear and continue living with the spirit. If you cease to be afraid you can just tell the ghost "Ok. We can co-exist, but don't wake me up at night. I need my sleep."

I lived in a couple of haunted houses, with footsteps around my bed at night, toys going off on their own, seeing someone from the corner of your eye, feeling like you're being watched etc. I wasn't bothered by it most of the times. It really depends on the type of energy.If it's a really negative feel and you get strangely tired and sad for no external reason then it might be good to do something about it so it won't affect your life.
In some houses it's been ok, no problems, just feels like there is an extra tenant. ;) Our last house we took action because there was a bad feel to the energy of the house, I was getting very tired and sad for no reason, and my husband and I kept seeing a figure when watching tv like someone going down the hall, the kids toys kept turning on and making sounds (no problems with that now in our new apartment). It felt more invasive. That we just took care of with some smudging and firmly telling the ghost to leave our space. The worst I've experienced was in another house one of my friends was given as a gift. It was completely different from a normal ghost. It seems to me now it was some type of a poltergeist haunting and it was pretty hard to not be bothered there as things flew off shelves and devices that were unplugged turned on and doors banged shut on their own. There were terrible nightmares and my friend began sleepwalking. The house never had an owner stay more than a few years. My friend actually got a medium to remove the thing several times, but in the end ended up removing herself by moving out. It was an extreme case though. In my experience all the other 'haunted houses' I've lived in have been ok. Just a little spooky at times, but you get used to it. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi, yes I've lived in houses that have had a "presence" in them, whose sole purpose of existence, like you've experienced, is apparently to prevent me from getting a proper night's sleep, sometimes for weeks on end :dry:

Now I'm neither religious nor particularly spiritual, and I don't find it particularly useful to analyze this sort of stuff usually, although I do have a sense I'm "seeing the past" with these sort of things sometimes, but you might find you have to do what I've had to do... which unfortunately is to move house!

·
Registered
360 Posts
first i have to say, it's lovely to see how open fellow infjs are about this topic :)

i can imagine how unsettling it is for you to go through this, and i don't doubt that what you're going through is very real to you no matter if it's an actual presence, or something sleep-paralysis (i suffer sleep paralysis myself, and often hallucinate visually or hear things when i'm on te edge of sleep of when i just wake up). something useful to do would definitely be change rooms for a few nights, or if that's not possible then when this 'presence' does appear again tell it or think it sternly for it to 'go away', and try to always sleep with someone else so it's not as scary for you. try stay away from scary movies and stuff for this period as well as it would just increase the fear you experience. one of my friend is very spiritual and he usually places little budhist statues around his room as protection, and burn incents, apparently this works for him (and he's not religious), if you're religious in any way keeping an object in your room might help you, at least psychological to harbour the fear :)

Reactions: dvnj22

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Not sure I believe in ghosts (people's spirits sticking around here on earth after death) but I do believe in familiar evil (or negative) spirits that attach themselves to people and stick around after their death. Like others have said, I think fear or any negative energy like that will just feed the thing. So try to calm yourself down. If it was me I'd command the darkness to go in Jesus' name and anoint the room and the whole house. You don't need a priest. You can do it yourself (though it doesn't hurt to have someone with you for comfort/support). God is there for everyone even for people who don't believe and he doesn't need an object to move through. Just your will.

Reactions: denasmee

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
first i have to say, it's lovely to see how open fellow infjs are about this topic :)

i can imagine how unsettling it is for you to go through this, and i don't doubt that what you're going through is very real to you no matter if it's an actual presence, or something sleep-paralysis (i suffer sleep paralysis myself, and often hallucinate visually or hear things when i'm on te edge of sleep of when i just wake up). something useful to do would definitely be change rooms for a few nights, or if that's not possible then when this 'presence' does appear again tell it or think it sternly for it to 'go away', and try to always sleep with someone else so it's not as scary for you. try stay away from scary movies and stuff for this period as well as it would just increase the fear you experience. one of my friend is very spiritual and he usually places little budhist statues around his room as protection, and burn incents, apparently this works for him (and he's not religious), if you're religious in any way keeping an object in your room might help you, at least psychological to harbour the fear :)
I've never had this experience but I do know people who have had family members possessed and other stuff like that. Very scary. Our universe is so vast, I can only imagine what lies outside it. The supernatural is not only a possibility but I would say plausible.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
From what I've heard in my culture (I grew up with Chinese and occidental cultures), usually the ghosts are more scared of humans than humans of ghosts. You can try to tell them to go away firmly, or simply coexist peacefully. If they lived in a place already and they don't like the new owners, they might try to show it, but unless it's really "strong" or there is some karma between the ghost and the human (like human owes ghost something in past life), they are not persistent.
Also, when a human is low at energy (unlucky phase, moodiness, depression, and so on so that the person is less energetic or positive), they have more chance of "encounters" (hearing or seeing them).
Also, it depends on how compatible your "frequency" is. If you are compatible with the ghost, then you have more chances to perceive it and it might try more often to communicate.

As for statues of deities or saints, one thing is important, they should only be placed at home if they are blessed, or else they are just figures and can "host" negative spirits.

In any ways, listen to your intuition. Do you feel that the ghost is being hostile? What might be the reason for waking you up like this all the time? Maybe you can tell the ghost to stop doing that as you want to live in peace. But if it still bothers you both, maybe choosing another place would be better for less trouble?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I lived in my mothers house for 10 years before moving out last year - and there was always so much unexplained activity there it was shocking. When my fiance and i visited a few months ago he left his phone voice recording the whole time we were there to see what we could hear.

For some reason sometimes you can't hear what is going on with your own ears, but something like a phone could pick up on it.

Some of the things we got on the recorded audio were unbelievable. But it made things less scary there since we knew what was there it almost took the surprise away. They probably aren't harmful at all, they just want to tell you something. I would leave a device on record for a certain amount of time and then listen to the audio on a computer (with headphones is better) and see what you hear. Even if there's a few and they are just talking amongst themselves you might feel better to know what is there.

Hope this helped :happy:

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I live in a haunted house. There is a black that appears on occasions, first time as an adult, running up a ramp that wasn't there. .Our two cats ran to the far side of the room! I felt someting touching my bare feet once and looked - there was a frisky black kitten olaying with my foot. In every instance on looking it disappears. I thing it is awareness of spirit to spirit and has no reality thotograph. A friend in this small rural town has nightly visitors - so noisy his wife sleeps in another room. He tells tem to be quiet and goes to sleep. We smell cherry pipe tobacco, hear footsteps in the hall.

My wife, whom I met an married 20 years ago at age 50 -odd, had been bothered by a poltergist for many years. In my house one day I was making a quick lunch in the kitchen and felt something - looking up, there was a man walking down the hall toward the bedroom whe she was hanging up cloths. He was about 5 foo7n seven, was wearing military khaiki dress uniform, looked up at me ad smiled, disappeared. I told her - later I saw a Photo of her father who had died in WW II before she as born. It was a low-level daylight bombing over Romania oil refinery - 40% casulties each raid. In 1947 he and his air crew were reinterred in a mass grave in the US. The poltergist went away: he just wanted to get her attention but she did not see him.

There is no physical existance, but he had caused things to fall off of shelves??
I have never heard of a spirit hurting anyone. Just ask the aperitions if you can help them.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yea, so I don't believe in ghosts/ anything, but I recognize the 'being watched' feeling at night. I've felt this couple of times now. I usually turn on the lights and face the space where I sensed the watcher. The feeling is not threatening, but unwelcome at that hour.

fyi, occultists would say it's a bad sign seeing/ feeling things in the witch's hour (3 am). Maybe telling them to fuk off would work? Turning on the lights would help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The strange thing about the night time is that all that has happened is the earth has rotated...as it is right now. You use more of your brain when you're asleep then when you're awake, but if you use, that "more than 10%" during waking hours, no one knows what to do with you and they will claim you have a disorder.
the dead have been alive much longer than we have, assuming that's a dead thing in your room, I would breathe to the best of your ability and picture yourself in your mind space, as you fall asleep, realize that going to sleep is a kind of temporary passing, and then attempt to see what it wants.

The dead were once alive, and I'm sure some of them were bad people too, but if I was stuck around this planet for some reason and for some reason bound to a particular place, I would want someone to talk with me, not always being freaking out all the time....it's like an infj, trying to speak human, it doesn't always work out so well, but 'god' or something still put us here.

take a kinder approach, there is nothing to fear...

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Don't be sacared. Look, I feel presences since I was a little child, when they start to disturb me I start yelling "Stop doing this, you don't belong here, go fucking away" And yes, you don't to tak them nicely, you have to treat them like that.
And when you are about to go in your sleep say this "four corners has my house, four angels the guard, Four corner has my bed, four angels the guard" like three times. IT may be sound stupid but It help me :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts