Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENTP's, how do you deal with people who think you are too spontaneous, free-wheeling, or inconsistent? Even if I tell someone I'll meet them tomorrow at noon, when the time arrives I often have something else that I'd rather do. I realize there's a selfish element to this, so I'm very careful when telling people that I'll do something. If I tell them I will, then I try really hard to follow through. Many people see this as selfish/unreliable, etc...and I get where they're coming from...but I see them as not truly understanding what spontaneity is. They seem so locked in, rigid, and unwilling to make allowances for individuality/different ways of thinking. I think Ne naturally wants to make decisions "as we go", but not far in advance. It tends to not be very conducive to a schedule.

What do you guys think about this? Do you just think, "It's just who I am...if you don't like it, too bad"? Or do you see it as an area that you need to improve?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
What do you guys think about this?
It depends on who I'm dealing with, how close I am with the person, and how well their agenda lines up with my own.

Do you just think, "It's just who I am...if you don't like it, too bad"? Or do you see it as an area that you need to improve?
Both

·
Registered
168 Posts
I feel the same so I avoid committing to a meeting time. I much rather have things pop up spontaneously like friends calling at 9pm telling me they're going for a road trip and if I want to go I have to pack now and they'll pick me up etc. If the same road trip was planned even a few hours before I could feel very different about it when time's up. I tell everyone I have terrible sleep patterns (which I do) as an excuse for backing out on outings when I'm not in the mood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts