Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some of the estp articles, we LOVE meeting new people

So have any of you ever gone out solely just for the purpose to socialize/networking? wether its at a clothing store, the mall, grocery store ect.

BTW, you never buy anything(or maybe you do) nor really care about whats on sale

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
After reading some of the estp articles, we LOVE meeting new people

So have any of you ever gone out solely just for the purpose to socialize/networking? wether its at a clothing store, the mall, grocery store ect.

BTW, you never buy anything(or maybe you do) nor really care about whats on sale
I go out on the town to socialize but I don't approach random people in malls or stores. Well if there is a reason maybe. Again this is how I think. I don't feel like people want me bothering them.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love traveling alone, especially on business because I get to meet new people and explore new places.

Reactions: Fizz and Anakin

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, i do it all the time.

I see a woman who is attractive, i move my feet and say hi and find out what she's like

It gets easier when you do it almost all the time.
So you never feel weird walking around a store for hours approaching random people?

I love traveling alone, especially on business because I get to meet new people and explore new places.
exploring is super fun, I thought most estp's dont like going out alone?(sometimes I need a wingman)

·
Registered
531 Posts
exploring is super fun, I thought most estp's dont like going out alone?(sometimes I need a wingman)
I have no issues going out alone. I'm not alone if I am meeting new people. Especially if it's on business.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It all depends on where I'm at. If I'm at a concert, or in a class, or traveling next to someone, I have no problems talking or initiating contact with them. At the mall or at the grocery store, I don't try and do it as much. I mean if something happens that I can pop in a joke or something like that, I'll do it. But I won't go out of my way to make convo. When I'm at those types of places, I usually just get in, get my stuff, and leave

·
Registered
578 Posts
So you never feel weird walking around a store for hours approaching random people?
No.

But let me tell you, at first i was so scared. I was shitting bricks. It was like trying to jump off a bridge, but even though youre bungee jumping, you still crap your pants.

But after awhile, you get used to it if you stick practicing and keep talking to people, you'll have friends in no time.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
or traveling next to someone, I have no problems talking or initiating contact with them.
So YOU were the guy next to me on the plane last month who wouldn't let me play iPhone chess in peace. :crazy:

No.

But let me tell you, at first i was so scared. I was shitting bricks. It was like trying to jump off a bridge, but even though youre bungee jumping, you still crap your pants.

But after awhile, you get used to it if you stick practicing and keep talking to people, you'll have friends in no time.
Just curious, if you were that nervous at first, what made you want to start talking to strangers? Were you new in town (and hence had no local friends yet) or just thought it'd make a productive challenge to conquer?

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I love traveling alone! It's actually quite fun. I just pick a town where I know someone and go. Business traveling is great too. It isn't as good when you haven't got time to go see stuff but I always make a few friends and make a point to go out with them at least one night.

Yea, i do it all the time.

I see a woman who is attractive, i move my feet and say hi and find out what she's like

It gets easier when you do it almost all the time.
I don't find it hard but it is situational. Some of this might actually relate to Enneagram type. Are you a 7 Swish? I am an 8 and I tend to be a loner at times no matter how extroverted I am.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I love traveling alone! It's actually quite fun. I just pick a town where I know someone and go. Business traveling is great too. It isn't as good when you haven't got time to go see stuff but I always make a few friends and make a point to go out with them at least one night.

I don't find it hard but it is situational. Some of this might actually relate to Enneagram type. Are you a 7 Swish? I am an 8 and I tend to be a loner at times no matter how extroverted I am.
I'm starting to question my Enneagram type after reading this. I tested out 7 and I seem to relate to yours and nj's comments more. Maybe I'm a weak 7 or something.

So YOU were the guy next to me on the plane last month who wouldn't let me play iPhone chess in peace. :crazy:
haha, I was just asking how the game was and maybe see if I could play it...but noooo, kept ignoring me

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I'm starting to question my Enneagram type after reading this. I tested out 7 and I seem to relate to yours and nj's comments more. Maybe I'm a weak 7 or something.
I am not an Enneagram expert so I really can't comment too much. I just know 7 are more "out there". Your wing has a lot to do with it as well. Brief description for them:
Type Seven in Brief

Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over- extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

* Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
* Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs
fulfilled
* Enneagram Seven with a Six-Wing: "The Entertainer"
* Enneagram Seven with an Eight-Wing: "The Realist"
Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.
This is description for the 8:
Type Eight in Brief

Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self- mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring.

* Basic Fear: Of being harmed or controlled by others
* Basic Desire: To protect themselves (to be in control of their own life
and destiny)
* Enneagram Eight with a Seven-Wing: "The Maverick"
* Enneagram Eight with a Nine-Wing: "The Bear"

Key Motivations: Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.
I've also seen ESTP type as threes:
Type Three in Brief

Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others.

* Basic Fear: Of being worthless
* Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
* Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"
* Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional"

Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It all depends on where I'm at. If I'm at a concert, or in a class, or traveling next to someone, I have no problems talking or initiating contact with them. At the mall or at the grocery store, I don't try and do it as much. I mean if something happens that I can pop in a joke or something like that, I'll do it. But I won't go out of my way to make convo. When I'm at those types of places, I usually just get in, get my stuff, and leave
Im the exact same way, if I do come across someone within a grocery store and something funny pops up then I'll approach. But I mostly get what is needed and leave. Trying to force myself to have a great conversation with somebody feels like a waste of time to me

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no issues going out alone. I'm not alone if I am meeting new people. Especially if it's on business.
based off some of the previous threads, it seemed as though other estps have a fear of being alone in this world..
I know for me I can go out by myself and have fun, but It would be alot better if i had somebody to tag along with

TREEBOB, I didnt know ennegram was included with the myers-briggs phenonmenon, now I got another type to figure out:bored:

·
Registered
94 Posts
i love taking random road trips to a new place and exploring it. its soo much better when i have people with me but ive done it alone too. hell, one time i drove to boston for the day and just walked around, went to a bar and met some new people. fun times. but if im at the food store or something, i dont typically go out of my way to talk to random people...maybe thats becasue i hate food shopping with a passion lol

·
Registered
531 Posts
I scored an 7w8 but I actually question if it's not the other way around. Maybe you are a 7w8 as well.
I am very extroverted but I've always been able to hang out by myself and just talk to strangers. It depends on where I am.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
You may want to also consider the 3w4 enneagram type.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I scored an 7w8 but I actually question if it's not the other way around. Maybe you are a 7w8 as well.
I am very extroverted but I've always been able to hang out by myself and just talk to strangers. It depends on where I am.
I don't get much sense of 8 out of either you or Derosa90 but you never know.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
haha, I was just asking how the game was and maybe see if I could play it...but noooo, kept ignoring me
pfft. don't hate 'cos I got game.

;-P

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just curious, if you were that nervous at first, what made you want to start talking to strangers? Were you new in town (and hence had no local friends yet) or just thought it'd make a productive challenge to conquer?
I saw this show called the "Pick-Up Artist" on Vh1 and I COULD NOT BELIEVE on what they were doing.

Going to Clubs and RANDOMMALLYLYYY talking to women successfully?!?!

I'm there standing up, shitting bricks, and i'm thinking: "I HAVE TO DO THIS"

It looked fun and it was totally NEW for me. I love to experience different things and this was one of those things.
Plus, I'm always up for self-improvement. All types of self-improvement.

Don't think differently about me though, i'm still cool. :crazy:
hahhaaha

And yea, I am a 7 in Ennograms

1 - 20 of 32 Posts