Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if this kind of thread has been posted before, but I'm curious what kind of sports do you like to watch or to practice (if you like any)?

Myself I love to play pool. Not sure exactly why I love it so much, but I like that the game is only about me and I have control over the win or loss of it. It is also a game where I can take time to think about my shot.

Watching sports though I never do, unless it would be a sport I practice myself. Then I like it because I can learn from it and become better.

What about you?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm not into sports at all. It's the games that I don't like, coz I find playing boring. I don't even play computer games.

Reactions: jalex

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like to play soccer. I've been playing since I was like 6 years old. It's really great exercise and I like using both feet (somethig about ambidexterity). The only soccer I actually watch on TV though is the world cup (when I remember). I don't really care who wins, I just like that the whole world is coming together.

I also play roller hockey on occasion. The speed of the game makes it anything but boring. My favorite hockey team is the NY Rangers but I can't say I watch every game on TV... and if you argue with me about how your favorite team is better than mine... I'm going to tell you that I don't care.

That being said, I really don't like watching sports on TV. My mind wanders immediately and I feel like doing something else. Also, if I'm playing, I tend to feel bad about the people I'm playing against and try to make it a close game, if I can. It sounds ridiculous but I've lost on purpose before because I thought the other team deserved to win more...

Reactions: jalex and Marsipan

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I used to love baseball until my home team decided steroids was a good idea. Aside from that, I'm an MMA fan. It's not nearly as mindless as many people
seem to think. Some of those fighters are quite passionate about what they do. Youstyles can appreciate the work they put into improving their styles. Aside from that, thats really it.

Oh, and hockey is rather exciting as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like to watch basketball, but that probably comes from being Lithuanian, probably thats about it. Sometimes watch esports match or two, but that is rare.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm an avid ballroom dancer and outdoorsman. I played soccer for a long time, and really enjoyed it, but mostly team sports aren't my thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have always enjoyed sports, participating much more than watching though. In my youth I played all kinds, now it is mostly golf, swimming, but if something interesting presents itself, I am not against giving it a go.

Most of my athletic career was in football and wrestling. While I was very succesful with both, football monopolized my efforts through college, as it required a commitment that didn't allow for other athletic pursuits. However, it is wrestling with which I had the real connection. I have been fortunate that opportinities to help coach some very talented wrestlers have materialized at different times through the years, as well as the opportunity to train with a UFC fighter. Like martial arts, wrestling offers much more than is evident on the surface.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I don't enjoy sports either because I have horrible body coordination.

That said, I enjoy watching the soccer world cup.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Soccer, football. I like the competitiveness and skill in football. It's enjoyable for me to get really enthusiastic about something. Usually I'm just pretty chill and indifferent to most things hehe. I like to play and watch soccer because it's an awesome sport :p

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, if I'm playing, I tend to feel bad about the people I'm playing against and try to make it a close game, if I can. It sounds ridiculous but I've lost on purpose before because I thought the other team deserved to win more...
Sounds a bit like myself. If a person I'm playing with seems like being bothered by loosing a game, sad or angry, I tend to make the game more equal or let him win some. I think I do that in order to prevent negative moods, and try to make the other person happy. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts