Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
None really. I was a huge fan of professional wrestling and still try to keep up with it to an extent but that's sports entertainment anyways I suppose.

I also enjoy watching any type of physical combat. Boxing, Cagefighting, Ufc, MMA, that stuff but I don't go out of my way to see it and I don't keep up with any of it. I just simply have some interest in them. I have zero interest in all other sports.

·
Registered
424 Posts
None. I don't like spectating sports.

However, I do want to learn certain sports like gymnastics, wrestling, and swimming for personal growth, NOT for competition. I find competition brings out the nastiness. :bored:

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't like watching sports, tbh I don't get the point.

Doing sports is another story, and the story is this: Martial arts of different kinds.

·
Registered
722 Posts
None. I don't like spectating sports.

However, I do want to learn certain sports like gymnastics, wrestling, and swimming for personal growth, NOT for competition. I find competition brings out the nastiness. :bored:
I always find the competitiveness and the fact that these people have worked extremely hard and invested the majority of their time into perfecting themselves for their chosen sport to be intriguing and even the nastiness it might bring to be intriguing as well once I take into account the other things.

I think i've read something about us being into playing sports but i've always sucked at sports so I have no interest. The only type of physical activity that interests me is working out lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To quote Hemmingway:
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountaineering are the only real sports ... all others are games.”

I agree, but I would add human fighting. MMA is a sport and it takes a competitor to compete.
I don't really watch it though.

I do watch F1 however, cause it's the most extreme sport on earth.
The combination of super concentration, crazy deep engineering and all out balls is awesome.
More men have been to space...

I also would sanction the classic summer and winter olympic competitions, but i wouldn't call them sports.
Being the strongest/fastest is worth proving to them i guess, so let 'em, ya kno?

·
Banned
998 Posts
I watch basketball, but not as religiously as I used to. At one point I was absolutely in love with the game, both to watch and play. But now I have gotten lazy, so I only watch it.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I love surfing, skiing, snowboarding (anything involving feet on planks :laughing: ), swimming, climbing, lacrosse, fencing, badminton, tennis.... I have to be active or I get restless.

Though I never watch sports. I don't like to watch people having fun when I'm cooped up at home. lol

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Martial arts. Or I find MMA and K1 rather boring to watch after a while (fighting looks the same).

But I train self defense MA myself. I came to the conclusion after careful consideration of what I found wortwhile in my life. Other sports you grow too old for. Martial arts you learn both physically and mentally. You also get a good workout for the entire body as well as coordination, dexterity and speed. Plus the feeling that you can defeat that 7-feet guy is a good one. I regularly train with people that weigh 20-30 kgs more than me, and are more than 20 cms taller. I have almost NO respect for people just because of size. Almost.

As ENTP you also get to use your "reading people" skills. Very useful when fighting. Also, a quick mind gives a quick body (or reflexes) seems to ring true.

I can watch sports from time to time. Soccer World Championship and stuff. But I am not really into it. Only thing I have been good at is Martial Arts. I can fight.

EDIT: And perhaps dance. The person-to-person coordination is similar to MA. I am rusty but I have the occasional "white-hot-move"....;-)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I played football and soccer in highschool. I use to be obsessed with college football but that stopped once I quit drinking.
I love working out. I also love skiing, water skiing and jet skiing etc.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm really into martial arts...
I used to play soccer also. That was fun...kicking balls and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I used to play soccer also. That was fun...kicking balls and whatnot.
Backs away from Ms. Croft.... :wink:

I guess I'm ENXP enough to answer. I'm big into combat sports like MMA, Boxing, K-1 Kickboxing, etc.... I adore watching and playing the two footballs (gridiron and soccer), grew up on basketball for I am tall, and follow hockey for I am Canadian (but can't skate). Those are just my favourites too; I'll watch just about anything if I have a reason to.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I don't care much about the traditional stick-and-ball sports, especially watching them on TV. In person the crowd can have a real energy. Overall I'm not much of a spectator. Would rather be doing something.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I used to play soccer, baseball, football and basketball when I was younger. It was never my favorite thing to do, but it kept me busy and I had a little fun with it even though I hated having to constantly go to practice. I don't do that much now except lift weights, running, and the occasional pick-up basketball game.

As for spectating, I like watching football for a little while, but I usually get bored by halftime. When that happens (and I'm there) I just try to think what strategy they're using. I'm a Tennessee Vol and Titans fan, by the way.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i like football and basketball. can't stand soccer though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts