·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
13/20. Damn.

FTR I can't fake a smile to save my life. However I am an actress so if I am embodying another character I can channel all sorts of emotions on stage; that's different from doing it "as myself" though.
A writer, an actress, an Enneagram 8 chick who started jr. high at the same early age I did.... can you please be my unofficial role model?

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
A writer, an actress, an Enneagram 8 chick who started jr. high at the same early age I did.... can you please be my unofficial role model?
Musician, writer, photographer, director, videographer, video editor, photoshop wiz, actress (but only in music videos and photos because I lost my voice), artistic model, costume geek. < < in that order. ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is the part where you are to identify their smiles as fake or genuine a trick question?

Because if they were told to smile, wouldn't that automatically make every smile fake?

EDIT:
I mean sure, they could have conversed them and nabbed 'genuine' smiles, but that's impossible to really get without bias, right?

Regardless I got 15/20.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
17. How quickly most of them stopped smiling made just about all of them look fake! The eyes are the real give away though, can't fake that part.

·
Registered
816 Posts
By paying attention to the eyes, I got 19/20 correct. The one that stumped me was an older gentleman. I blame his wrinkles.

Reactions: Animal

·
Registered
96 Posts
16/20

I watch the eyes, but not everyone actually smiles with their eyes. Some people barely smile.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I got 15, expected a little better. I got questions 3-5 wrong though, so only one mistake after that.

I suppose its normal to get better at something after the first few attempts.

·
Registered
800 Posts
13/20. Meh I guess it's fine. One of the ladies made a crazy face after the video stopped and made laugh :laughing:. Also, I find it funny that after finishing the test I didn't know what to answer to the question of "What part of the face was most useful for discriminating between fake and real smiles?". I was using my intuition the whole time!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
6 out of 20. Then again I just clicked on them. Honestly, I think the entire thing is bullshit, maybe that's why I find it hard to actually make an effort. These people were placed in front of the camera, and they have about 2-3 seconds to smile. It's like, I find it hard to believe most of these smiles were truly genuine, no matter what it says.

I sound grumpy, but I swear I'm not haha

Reactions: nesunay
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.