Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyyyy!!

So! Help me by giving some tips on how to spot an INFJ easily, cause you see... there's this girl I got the tingles when shes around and I wanted to see if she's a INFJ xD!

Ps:. Those who help win a pony/unicorn in whichever color you want!:crazy:

·
Registered
970 Posts
OOOH, OOOH!
I want a unicorn with ghost flames!!!
Lol!

INFJs will have a ton of eye movement while talking (more than any other type) due to our massive (freaky) Ni.
We'll be looking up-down-side-to-side and everywhere in between.
We'll have a lot of facial movement and gesturing due to Fe. We smile with ALL of our face.
INFJs will ALWAYS catch nuances.
INFJs are often confused with Extroverts (when we're in our element.)
Very logical for a Feeler.
Sensitive to rude people.
Not good with confrontation, but will cope through it if there is a moral cause to fight for.

Our eyes will be brown or green or blue. And we'll be wearing shoes or not...
And we will usually speak a language. :tongue:

Now where's my pony?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
OOOH, OOOH!
Sensitive to rude people.
No wonder I find my job so draining...something about being silently annoyed with rude people all day just seems to take a lot out of me.

From what I've read, INFJs usually get confused with other types fairly easily. But usually the best giveaway is the "Registered INFJ" tattoo we've all been required to get inscribed on our left bicep when we come of age. So "the Man" can keep an eye on us.

Okay, I'm sorry - I'm kidding around simply because there's no real "spot on" answer for this. But I'd suggest looking for signs of being a quiet, contemplative type.

We also enjoy wearing pants and baby animals.

·
Registered
507 Posts
very true about the gesturing bit. when i explain something i also move my hands a lot almost out of frustration of not being able to express the idea well enough verbally and also for the sheer excitement of touching a topic that has truly aroused my interest, and gaze at the upper corners of my eyes a lot and to the sides and try to find the right words, and have noticed my INFJ friend does this as well.. then again i suppose all the Ns do to an extent

·
Registered
ENTP
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You see, she belongs to a certain group of people that i go out almost all the time, the group varies but the core is:

Me an ENTP
My best friend ISTP and his ENFJ girlfriend
another ESTJ girl and her INXX.

We get allong very well as a group until one day we began playing a local card game that you must play with a partner, by chance i ended playing with her as my partner... WE WERE UNBEATABLE... normaly people don't keep up with my quick thoughts and twisted lies to win the game (the game is based on bluffing) and we had an absurd synergy, at first i suspected that she was an INTJ, but there is another friend of mine that is INTJ and she has nothing to do with her...
My next logical guess was INFJ...

Here's a picture of us both on a common friends wedding (she is studying to become a doctor)

·
Registered
970 Posts
very true about the gesturing bit. when i explain something i also move my hands a lot almost out of frustration of not being able to express the idea well enough verbally and also for the sheer excitement of touching a topic that has truly aroused my interest, and gaze at the upper corners of my eyes a lot and to the sides and try to find the right words, and have noticed my INFJ friend does this as well.. then again i suppose all the Ns do to an extent
Very true. INFJs use the "corners" a lot, particularly the upper right side (recall).
I have a separate thread going about my research of eye movements.
iNs move their eyes a lot more that SJs or SPs.
INFJs are the only ones I've seen that look in EVERY direction, though. It's weird/cool!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been told by more than one person that I look like I'm on a mission. I am very focused on what I am doing or where I am going. It might take more than a hi to get my attention because I am so focused. In a room, we are the ones who stand along the walls or sit toward the end at a table (we hardly ever stand or sit in the middle). You usually find us alone or with a small group of friends. Also, in a short period of time, most people feel comfortable sharing with us their entire life story. You will see us sitting for as long as it takes listening intently to their problems and trying to offer them guidance.

·
Registered
970 Posts
No wonder I find my job so draining...something about being silently annoyed with rude people all day just seems to take a lot out of me.

From what I've read, INFJs usually get confused with other types fairly easily. But usually the best giveaway is the "Registered INFJ" tattoo we've all been required to get inscribed on our left bicep when we come of age. So "the Man" can keep an eye on us.

Okay, I'm sorry - I'm kidding around simply because there's no real "spot on" answer for this. But I'd suggest looking for signs of being a quiet, contemplative type.

We also enjoy wearing pants and baby animals.
Yeah, our cousins (INTJ and ENFJ) get confused with us ALL the time.

Sometimes we enjoy wearing shorts! Shorts AND pants?
(Under no circumstances do we wear socks... unless its with sandals...)

According to my calculations...
This narrows it down to 7,000,000,042 people...
Strange part is... There are only 7,000,000,000 people on Earth! :shocked:
Lol!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
there's this girl I got the tingles when shes around and I wanted to see if she's a INFJ xD!
Would it be horrible to find out she wasn't? Would this discredit her in a way? Just ask her if she knows what the MBTI is and if not if she's willing to take the test to discover. MBTI is about brain/body sensor functionality not what someone looks like.

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Registered
ENTP
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would it be horrible to find out she wasn't? Would this discredit her in a way? Just ask her if she knows what the MBTI is and if not if she's willing to take the test to discover. MBTI is about brain/body sensor functionality not what someone looks like.
I know I know, frankly i don't care if she's an INFJ its the whole discovery that is fun, giving her the test would kill the fun xD

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I know I know, frankly i don't care if she's an INFJ its the whole discovery that is fun, giving her the test would kill the fun xD
So then are you "cheating" by coming here for clues? Why not discover with her instead. Sounds more bounding.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Heyyyy!!

So! Help me by giving some tips on how to spot an INFJ easily, cause you see... there's this girl I got the tingles when shes around and I wanted to see if she's a INFJ xD!

Ps:. Those who help win a pony/unicorn in whichever color you want!:crazy:
The tingles. THAT'S how you know. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
You see, she belongs to a certain group of people that i go out almost all the time, the group varies but the core is:

Me an ENTP
My best friend ISTP and his ENFJ girlfriend
another ESTJ girl and her INXX.

We get allong very well as a group until one day we began playing a local card game that you must play with a partner, by chance i ended playing with her as my partner... WE WERE UNBEATABLE... normaly people don't keep up with my quick thoughts and twisted lies to win the game (the game is based on bluffing) and we had an absurd synergy, at first i suspected that she was an INTJ, but there is another friend of mine that is INTJ and she has nothing to do with her...
My next logical guess was INFJ...

Here's a picture of us both on a common friends wedding (she is studying to become a doctor)

Based on looks only: ISFJ. (p.s. that's a good thing).

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
According to my calculations...
This narrows it down to 7,000,000,042 people...
Strange part is... There are only 7,000,000,000 people on Earth! :shocked:
Lol!
Dude, I think your math might be off. Then again, I've never been good at math...

I only wear sandals with socks when it's July. For luck. It's an INFJ thing.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Dude, I think your math might be off. Then again, I've never been good at math...

I only wear sandals with socks when it's July. For luck. It's an INFJ thing.
Bah!
I'm from the NorthWest!
I wear sandals and socks in the rain in December!!!
I'm obviously hardcore... LOL!

·
Registered
57 Posts
This thread sounds like something out of a David Attenborough nature documentary. Spot the INFJ wearing baby animals.

Wait!

Would you like me to get out my binoculars for you for loan? I would loan you my rifle, too, but I'm currently busy in my sniper position, rifle in hand, atop the roof opposite the house of the person I'm covertly headhunting.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts