Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now, we all know we can't really measure children cognitive and mental development progress accurately until at least they are "mature" enough. But I wonder if there are certain unique behaviors or habits the way children act which may indicate really early in their life being an INTJ.

Just open discussion and share. I think INTJ potentials really need to be aware of as early as possible to save them times of long frustration in life and directly functioning to the better of the society. #like really, lol#

As for me, one peculiar thing that my parents notified me as being "different" is when as a baby and I learned how to climb my crib to stand the process was rather unusual on their eyes. Instead of directly eagerly to climb to the sky as other and standing straight like a presumptuous conqueror as other babies, I would just climb the crib halfway then directly fall my own self on my bum, in every possible angle of approaches and falls. For days. As if I was preparing myself shall my effort to stand with dignity goes really awry I would have already prepared myself for the worst and know how to protect mysef from severe injury of falling.

That is one example I can relate to and I'm still trying to dig my memory for others. I maybe wrong still. What about you guys, any insights or stories? Let us hear please...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I used to take a lot of initiative in teaching myself things I wanted to learn, even at a young age. I had this strong desire for knowledge and I just loved learning new things. I didn't want anyone to teach me and hold my hand, I wanted to learn by teaching myself. My curiosity was through the roof and I wanted to know why and how certain things happen. I am also from a bilingual family and I wanted to learn to read and write in Korean when I was maybe 4 years old so I'd ask my mom to teach me the alphabet. She took this lightly because you know, I'm just 4... so she would do simple things like write down her and my dad's name in Korean and tell me what they spelled out. After learning even small symbols I would search endlessly for korean newspapers, VCRs with titles on them, and books just to point out those same characters. After that, she actually did decide to teach me the alphabet LOL.

They told me I didn't crawl either. I just went straight to standing up. It's like I didn't want to waste my time crawling around like other babies. They said I just grabbed pieces of furniture I could hold onto and then one day I just went straight to walking.

Even though I was a smart kid, I still managed to do some really dumb things. One time I stuck a peanut in my nose around 5 or so, who knows why. Luckily, my grandmother stopped me early that time and told me not to do that ever again and that it will actually get stuck if I do it again. I didn't listen for some reason.... maybe a couple days later I took another peanut and stuffed it all the way up my nostril and it ended almost all the way towards the top bridge of my nose. Maybe I wanted to prove them wrong. Maybe I wanted to see how far I could push it without getting it stuck. IDFK. Maybe I was just a dumb kid LOL

All I know is that I always wanted to push my limits LOL.. I wanted to experiment. I wanted to know everything. I wanted to prove people wrong. I wanted to question people who didn't make sense. I was extremely independent and got immense satisfaction knowing I taught myself things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The INTJ starts early as far as I can tell. The first thing to look at is my favourite...

... COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS! An INTJ child will be looking for patterns and knowledge, figuring out everything around them, trying to make theory after theory and figure out how the world works. The ones I've met have also been very serious, the joke is currently that INTJs immature with age.

·
Banned
614 Posts
I would always notice patterns in how other people behaved. I could tell whenever someone was lying to me or telling the truth, so I was a bit skeptical around adults who I would catch lying to me. I was (and still am) very headstrong. If I had my mind set on doing/learning something, then I was going to. Both of my parents are very laid back and said they were a bit scared of parenting me because of my being so headstrong. I was very serious when I was younger. I didn't appreciate people trying to make light of something that I felt strongly about. As I got older, I learned how to have fun and let loose.

Socially, I would always sit back and observe how the other kids played before I would join them, then I would get drained and go back to my little area and observe some more. In school, I was more interested in learning than I was in making friends or playing.

Not sure if this is just me, but I was also really interested in theory (what could be, what can be, etc.) at a young age. Maybe 6 or so? Weird, right? :laughing:

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
When they read field guides for fun when they're still in elementary school.

Nerdkind, represent!

Reactions: contradictionary

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
929 Posts
Typically, at least from my own experience, I’ll list a couple of things my parents (ISFJ mother and ESTP father) noticed.

I typically had an independent streak. I would almost always hang out alone. In fact, my little brother (who had autism) would make more of an effort to interact with people than I did. I usually would hang out on the edges of the school, and would just walk laps thinking to myself.
My parents thought I was depressed, and I had to frequently tell them I felt fine. It was just a preference I had.

I also remember being blunt, but not in the sense that I was trying to be mean. I just felt that what I usually meant to say never quite came out right. For example, I would just sometimes ask inappropriate questions with no regard for social convention. I know this is a trait commonly shared among immature children, but even other kids were put off by it.
I know my mother would sometimes have to sit me down and give me lessons on social etiquette.

I used to daydream and get lost in my thoughts quite often, usually out the window while my parent would drive. My brother would often be chatting to them non-stop as a point of contrast. One of the most frequent questions I got when I was younger was “what are you thinking about?”. It’s not really a trait specific to INTJs, but I used to be “in my own head” quite a bit.
I remember when getting constantly asked how I was feeling was pretty annoying.

I had pretty wierd interests for a kid my age. I used to have my mother leave the weather channel on, just so I could catch glimpses of the storms and freak weather occurring around the world. I would get frustrated if the channel was switched before I saw the highlight reel.
I also started reading early. By the time I was 6, I was reading chapter books.

That’s all I got on me for now. But if you have an INTJ kid, just make sure you give them plenty of space to chase whatever they are after, no matter how wierd it may look.

Reactions: ai.tran.75
1 - 6 of 6 Posts