Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have preferences when it comes to weather, with summer tending to be too hot and winter too cold...but spring and fall are at a bit of a tie.

So which do you prefer? The stormy cool season where everything begins turning green? or the cool season with sunny skies and beautiful leaves all changing colors?

OWL

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, in that order.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Fall for sure! No mud messes, the air gets crisp and cool... oh yeah, and hunting seasons begin! =D

·
Registered
389 Posts
The weather doesn't bother me too much. Where I live we get rain most of the time anyways, regardless of the season (Western Washington). I like the beginning of Fall (end of Sept. to midway through Oct.) because the trees aren't completely bare and the myriad of colors is nice to look at. But I am going to say I favor spring more. The rain is fine with me, and everything turns green again. It is more vibrant, with life blooming and growing rather than things dying and falling off...

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
47 Posts
Spring, Summer,Fall..................................................................Winter in this order. :happy:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I prefer the weather to be too cold rather than be too hot.

My preferred seasons from most to least preferred are Spring, Winter/Autumn, Summer.

Spring because that's when nature starts being colourful again and flowers are blooming.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Winter, Autumn, Spring, Summer, in this order.
I don't care much for flowers or green for that matter. And I HATE heat and humidity with a passion. When it's 95 degrees outside it's 120 in the kitchen, that's hot enough for me to just get nosebleeds from heat alone I found out.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
1. Summer.
2. Nothing else. Spring is too wet, fall is too close to winter, and winter ...................... :: shudders ::

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like them both. They each have their own charm that appeals to me. I like Spring because we're just coming out of Winter, and after being cold for so long, it's finally warming up and everything is fresh and new. I like Autumn (Fall) because it's just so beautiful, and it signifies that Winter is coming, and I love Winter.
The only thing I hate about Autumn is that it's so windy here in Cape Town!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
1. Summer.
2. Nothing else. Spring is too wet, fall is too close to winter, and winter ...................... :: shudders ::
Totally with you on this one. I hate the cold with a passion.
The four seasons thing is vastly overrated; I want to emigrate to someplace that's warm all year long!

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
^^Really? We have more feasts and festivals in fall.

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
335 Posts
^^ not where i live. it's not nice to cycle in the cold stabbing rain, gloomy everyday. cold months are not pleasant here where one goes everywhere with a bicycle.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
^^Really? We have more feasts and festivals in fall.
So do we, which is the one redeeming quality about the season. From the beginning of September until now, we have one just about every weekend. After that it's WAY TOO COLD.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
<------Loves the cold and misses Wisconsin winters.:happy:

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
<------Loves the cold and misses Wisconsin winters.:happy:
Obviously you haven't had to live through one in a while. :crazy:
The winter before last, it snowed, and snowed, and snowed, and I didn't think it was ever going to stop. When it stopped snowing for a few days, it would snow again, adding to the snow we already had. It didn't get above freezing for literally a month straight. I was trapped in my house for two days and couldn't make the drive to work; the night I finally DID make it in, I got stuck trying to get OUT and it took three of us to push my car enough so that I could run the gauntlet to make it home.
I am so glad that I have AAA - just in case (I HAVE used them before, and if any of you ISTJ's DON'T already have AAA, it's worth it. It'll pay for itself the first time).
One of these days, I fully intend to relocate to somewhere that never (or rarely) gets below freezing in the winter. Even if it's say ... 34 or 35 for the coldest of the cold, it sure beats two feet of snow and ten degrees below zero. I've looked at several factors (geography, population, demographics, weather, etc.) and locations, and have pretty much narrowed it down to either Austin, TX, or Seattle, WA.
Sorry to derail the thread, but it's kind of on-topic (regarding the whole "seasons" thing). Both of the locations I chose have their negatives as well ... but there is no such thing as the "perfect" place unless you count Hawai'i, and it's too cost-prohibitive to live there, and my only other option is moving out of the country, and despite the problems we have here at home, I'd just as soon stay here in the United States as a proud American.

P.S. I guess that pretty much nixes Alaska. :crazy: :tongue:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts