Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have preferences when it comes to weather, with summer tending to be too hot and winter too cold...but spring and fall are at a bit of a tie.

So which do you prefer? SPRING: The stormy cool season where everything begins turning green? or FALL: the cool season with sunny skies and beautiful leaves all changing colors?

OWL

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I love Fall (or Autumn as we call it here) all the colours and calm feel, snowing with leafs and the sunsets are beautiful.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
i can't decide, both have their unique qualities...i probably prefer Fall because of the pace is slower...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Autumn really does it for me because of several reasons; It's relatively cool, and relaxing. It's easier to get out than just staying cooped up inside the house due to extreme heat. Second is when the leaves on trees turns colors and drifts towards the ground. And the rustle of leaves as you walk through them, or the crunch you hear when you step on them...I find it all really peaceful and calming. Because of that, I find it much easier to take walks with friends or something--Perfect for a loser like me :)

Posted this awhile ago in another thread.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Spring and fall have their distinct advantages for me! But these seasons like fall and spring are just catalysts for Summer and Winter, my two favorite seasons. For me, there's more actual excitement and less sadness that summer's over. ;P

I get equally excited when Summer is here and when Winter is so I gotta say that I like both equally. But as far as weather is concerned, I like Autumn. It's so damn hot in Spring in Florida and it's about a perfect 70 degrees in September-October. Even today, November 2nd, it's probably no cooler than 75 degrees Fahrenheit during daylight hours. I'm one of those optimists that can't decide. =P

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Spring! It just makes me feel positive and happy. I love watching the different flowers bloom.

I also love autumn, the golds and reds! At the moment all I can see out of my window is golds and reds and it is gorgeous. I just can't cope with the lack of sunlight, it makes me depressed. I think I might suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). So that is why I like spring more than autumn.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love fall (tis my favorite season.) I also love the juxtaposition between the symbolism of fall, (everything is going to sleep/ getting killed by frost) and the vitality that the actual fall seems to give me. In spite of being a time when things start dying, it makes me feel much more alive than any other season.

Reactions: AutumnMarieGrey

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I dunno. Fall has Thanksgiving, and Spring has Valentine's Day, so they both suck a lot. At least Fall has Halloween, though. That kinda rocks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh, Autumn! Autumn to me, is what Spring is to everyone else - that time when you clear the slate of everything, and start afresh. It changes my whole persona, and I become what I should be the majority of the time, and it's probably the only time when you can throw anything at me and I'll still see a bright side.

I love fall (tis my favorite season.) I also love the juxtaposition between the symbolism of fall, (everything is going to sleep/ getting killed by frost) and the vitality that the actual fall seems to give me. In spite of being a time when things start dying, it makes me feel much more alive than any other season.
I've never been able to work out why this is, but I totally agree.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Fall is by far my favorite season, the weather is perfect, it's dynamic and changing all the time. Sun, wind, rain, snow, all in one day, and it makes me so happy. I love the feeling in the air, how crisp and perfect it feels. I love the colors of thea leaves, I love the colors of the clouds as the sun is rising and falling... It's perfect.

Spring is wonderful as well, it just doesn't inspire me quite as much.

Reactions: Aelthwyn and Teigue

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Fall hands down. Anytime it gets colder than 80 degrees in Texas, is fine with me. Our spring is pratically summer weather.

Reactions: Teigue

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think I like spring and fall about equally. I usually tend to say spring just because winter comes after fall, and I'm fairly sure I have seasonal depression in winter, from all the gray. They're both incredibly beautiful seasons, though~

I gotta say I really love how fall smells though. And the leaves, wow, only barely matched by cherry blossoms in spring :proud:

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
Winter > Fall > Spring > Summer

I love cold weather. Then again, I live in the southeastern United States, where December 25 could plausibly be a mild, sunny day. It's never too cold, so I can only compare the very rare, short-lived snowfall to much-too-hot summer days.

But I also love the crispness of cold air, and I swear the air itself smells different when autumn finally rolls around.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I cannot choose. Spring gives me great motivation and optimism, I enjoy exploring the world as it opens itself up again, refreshed, I follow suit. Fall is romantic, causes me to tumble to great depths, eager to keep another warm and hungry. With Spring comes Summer, my absolute favorite, and with Fall comes all the best holidays, times of joy and friendship. Can't decide.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Summer is too hot and too short to really enjoy it.
Winter is too cold and I can't go out without either getting sick, or falling down on ice.
Spring gives me allergies and there's too many bugs outside, bees in particular.

Autumn has something mystical and beautiful about it.
How all the colors range from violent blood red, to a soft lavender hue on a forgotten fallen leaf.
How perfectly cool it feels, how brisk it is when the wind bites your cheeks.
When the promise of a hearty Thanksgiving meal is just a corner away.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Autumn definitely! I love the warm colours and the pace of life in autumn, to snuggle up in the warmth during a cold day makes me happier than any warm day in summer could.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts