Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of our SP's were active in the Greek system during college?

If yes, did you enjoy your time? Would you do it again? Would you encourage your children to rush?

If no, do you feel like you "missed out"? Would you encourage your children to rush?

If you aren't of college age yet, do you plan on joining a fraternity/sorority?

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
You couldn't pay me to join a sorority.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They don't really have them in Oz (well at least at the university I'm at they only have clubs and societies for interests) ... although if they did I probably would join if someone paid me.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
No way! I would imagine it's very common for ESP's to join them, it would open up many new opportunities to meet people, but it's way too constricting for ISP's. I would have to compromise much too much personal freedom, and why would I want to interact with that many people?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Just curious if any of our SP's were active in the Greek system during college?
I was not, though I did occasionally eat a Greek salad.

f no, do you feel like you "missed out"? Would you encourage your children to rush?
No, I will always encourage my children to slow down and enjoy the moment.

You're welcome!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
There isn't any in the countries where I'm studying. Luckily actually, because I know E's would grab me in in a short moment of weakness when I would want to be social and then I couldn't get out anymore without being perceived as weird.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes. I'm a lil sis for a fraternity called Beta Upsilon Delta. It's ironic because I despised frats and sororities at first but my girl friends finally convinced me to join this frat...and I gave in haha.

I had my ups and downs going through pledgeship, but I have to say it's an experience that I don't regret going through.

I even tried pledging for a sorority called Tau Theta Pi but I decided to drop out 3 weeks into it. My school and work schedule couldn't handle any of the rituals I had to do.

Ohhh I miss my college days now.....

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
I have a Greek International student friend, who was so excited to find out there were organizations for Greek life. Then she found out what they were and complained that it doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Greek Life is minimal at my college, with no housing. I participate in other activities on campus, but I'm not interested in a sorority.

Reactions: Sensational
1 - 20 of 26 Posts