Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some stable ISFPs in anime?

What I mean is what are some that exibit a very clear Fi-Se connection.
In other words not in a Fi-Ni loop kind of way.

We are not looking for characters like Shinji Ikari of Neon Genesis.

But for characters like Radical Edward of Cowboy Beboop

Or Tylor of Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I've always related greatly to Nagato Uzumaki from Naruto, but I think he is stuck in a Fi-Ni loop, or at least unhealthy (Playing god, preaching the 'truths' about the world).
He often gets typed INFP, but I think he is an Ni user over an Ne user. His Se just happens to be depleted (he is traumatized, which will most likely play a big role in his way of acting).

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've always related greatly to Nagato Uzumaki from Naruto, but I think he is stuck in a Fi-Ni loop, or at least unhealthy (Playing god, preaching the 'truths' about the world).
He often gets typed INFP, but I think he is an Ni user over an Ne user. His Se just happens to be depleted (he is traumatized, which will most likely play a big role in his way of acting).

Hinata is the perfect example of an ISFP

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Clare from Claymore? Dr. Tenma from Monster? I'm pretty sure Gaara is an ISFP too.
B-b-but.. *points at Nagato*

He has the idealism to make the world better, the practical sense on how to do it, and is able to think into the future what consequences come from certain events ("If revenge is called justice, then that justice breeds yet more revenge"). Polite, doesn't tolerate insults to other members of the Akatsuki.

I think he is an ISFP.

·
Registered
584 Posts
B-b-but.. *points at Nagato*

He has the idealism to make the world better, the practical sense on how to do it, and is able to think into the future what consequences come from certain events ("If revenge is called justice, then that justice breeds yet more revenge"). Polite, doesn't tolerate insults to other members of the Akatsuki.

I think he is an ISFP.
That sounds more like Fe to me but I get what you're saying!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
That sounds more like Fe to me but I get what you're saying!
I see where you are coming from, but (I'm assuming you have watched/read all of Naruto) he isn't really a charismatic dude. He is driven by his own values, such as his desire for revenge against Konoha for killing Yahiko.

I mean, his face looks pretty devoid of Fe in my opinion.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not much stablility in of any of these characters.
ISFPness or not they are so traumatized or repressed their Se is pretty much a gonner,
or it is drafted into slavery for some culture that don't understand or allow it.

Dr Tenma is probably the most stable of them, but he is pretty repressed.
Hinata is such a one dimentional character and she is certainly not stable, being superduper repressed if she is ISFP.

But thx for participating though, now it should be clear what we are NOT looking for. :tongue:

One more ISFP in a clear Fi-Se loop is Sanji from One Piece

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Not much stablility in of any of these characters.
ISFPness or not they are so traumatized or repressed their Se is pretty much a gonner,
or it is drafted into slavery for some culture that don't understand or allow it.

Dr Tenma is probably the most stable of them, but he is pretty repressed.
Hinata is such a one dimentional character and she is certainly not stable, being superduper repressed if she is ISFP.

But thx for participating though, now it should be clear what we are NOT looking for. :tongue:

One more ISFP in a clear Fi-Se loop is Sanji from One Piece

I have seen Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail typed as ISFP. I don't watch the anime but I've seen some clips of it and it is possible.

As you can see, he doesn't repress Se. :p

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have seen Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail typed as ISFP. I don't watch the anime but I've seen some clips of it and it is possible.

As you can see, he doesn't repress Se. :p
He didn't strike me as an ISFP to be honest.
The fight scene I watched was so terrible that I couldn't care to watch it trough.
The second was even worse xD
I'd say ISTP is more probable than ISFP from the little I saw.

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
He didn't strike me as an ISFP to be honest.
The fight scene I watched was so terrible that I couldn't care to watch it trough.
The second was even worse xD
well, he is a Sexual 8w7, so that would make him a VERY strange ISFP XD

I'd say ISTP is more probable than ISFP from the little I saw.
agreed

a few more
1) Pazu from Castle in the Sky
2) Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach
3) Mirajane from Fairy Tale
4) Simone from Gurren Lagann

maybe Daisuke Niwa from DNAngel? Zero from Vampire Knight?

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As some has pointed out Goku is an ESFP.
If he was meant to be ISFP perhaps, haven't really delved that deep into the dragonball univers.

Thinking about it, Future Trunks could be an ISFP. He doesn't really show signs of Se, though

Hmm don't remember him all that well, I'd guess ISTP tramatized version, leaning on Fe more.
Might change my opinion if I revisit the relevant vids.
@Swordsman of Mana

1) Pazu from Castle in the Sky
Nice example havn't seen that.

2) Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach
I dunno about Ichigo though, can't really connect with him as a character.
Dunno what it is about him, he strikes me as ESTP to be honest.
Not sure if that is correct or if there is an other explaination for why I find him so blah.

3) Mirajane from Fairy Tale
Hard to find anythign substantial on her, but seems so on the surface.

4) Simone from Gurren Lagann
Yeah he is pretty obvious.

maybe Daisuke Niwa from DNAngel?
could be seem sort of like it.

Zero from Vampire Knight?
Seem possible, hard to tell.

Anyway interesting and good ones, the only one I can't get behind is Ichigo.
I've seen other type him as ISFP too, dunno why I can't dig him.
Perhaps it is enneagram related or something.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually, Killua from Hunter x Hunter might be an ISFP. Thoughts? ISTP is probably a bit more likely though.
Seems more INTJish to be honest, has more clean control than you would expect of an ISFP.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Future Trunks is an ISFJ. It's somewhere on that site. Present Trunks is an ENTP

Reactions: Inveniet

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I've always seen Goku as more of an ESFP though. He acts on his impulses constantly.
The article bases Goku on the Japanese manga and japanese dub rather than the western dub. Yeah I thought Goku is an ESFP.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts