Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mum is getting herself into a bit of a flap with this new guy and her best friend. It's a right love triangle.

Anyway, her friend turned up at my house shouting at my Mum and whatnot.

I went downstairs and stood up to this half drunk woman, not in an attacking way, but in a I-understand-your-position way and told her firmly that she should go home. It was almost turning into an argument but I maniplated it into a very loud discussion.

It felt really adrenalin pumping to stand up to her and take charge of the situation.

Do you guys enjoy standing up to people?

I feel pretty awesome right now.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Ooooh, me! I do! I do!

I don't yell during an argument, even if the other person is yelling at me. The exception are arguments where both parties know that it's just for fun.

Reactions: mpobrien

·
Banned
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooh, me! I do! I do!

I don't yell during an argument, even if the other person is yelling at me. The exception are arguments where both parties know that it's just for fun.
Hehe! The drunk woman refused to leave. I had to repeatedly tell her to leave in a cold and demanding way. I didn't even give her time to speak, it was just like. Go. Home. Before I call the police!

Awesome.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Defiance is fun...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hmmm I think it does feel good but at the same time I don't enjoy the mixed feelings of rage, adrenaline, and anxiety. It's hard for me (now that I'm older anyways) to feel comfortable making a scene or drawing so much attention to myself.

If it were something that everyone around me were against as well and I just happen to be the one to say something then that would feel better. But for me the powerful feeling would be mixed with anxiety. Though maybe my anxiety and your adrenaline rush are the same thing :tongue:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
If anyone would do it, it's an ESTP. I've only knowingly met one, and he had that feel about him. He was rather take charge, yet humble afterwards. Still, he had that practical joker feel about him, too, that almost ruins the humility part. lol Standing up to BS is bold, and it should make you feel just the same. Do it for other people, and you feel like you found a Super Mario invincibility star.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hmmm I think it does feel good but at the same time I don't enjoy the mixed feelings of rage, adrenaline, and anxiety. It's hard for me (now that I'm older anyways) to feel comfortable making a scene or drawing so much attention to myself.

If it were something that everyone around me were against as well and I just happen to be the one to say something then that would feel better. But for me the powerful feeling would be mixed with anxiety. Though maybe my anxiety and your adrenaline rush are the same thing :tongue:
Ha ha. I think you nailed something. With some people it does look that bit of anxiety mixed with adrenaline gets them excited and with others that they need higher stimulation to get adrenaline rush. One way or other, it does look that it sends people "high" in certain sense:wink:

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I get an adrenaline rush if I stand up to someone scary. That isn't very often though. As an E8 its odd how I can get bigger if I'm not big enough. I might start off a little nervous but then I just sorta pump up my ego to meet the challenge. There is no reason to fear other human beings unless they have a gun, or power to destroy your career and ruin your life somehow. In those circumstances standing up to someone can be a big risk, and that's the scary part.

I once yelled at an ESTJ in the military who was praised and lauded because he essentially told everyone to do that. I was really nervous though because it seemed like he had a bigger loyalty base than I and the politics would just get out of control. But he was being a d-bag to my friend so i wouldn't have it and I did it anyway.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I get an adrenaline rush if I stand up to someone scary. That isn't very often though. As an E8 its odd how I can get bigger if I'm not big enough. I might start off a little nervous but then I just sorta pump up my ego to meet the challenge. There is no reason to fear other human beings unless they have a gun, or power to destroy your career and ruin your life somehow. In those circumstances standing up to someone can be a big risk, and that's the scary part.
I agree 100%, it's such a rush. Standing up to someone you fear, in my opinion, also gains you a lot of respect and gives you a good reputation as someone who isn't afraid to stand up for themselves.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I need the adrenaline rush from standing up, but, I wouldn't say it gets you respect. It gets you an image of a polarizing figure. I'd like to hear what the ESTP women think of this, is this a guy thing or an ESTP thing? I'm a 7 with an 8 wing.

One Man with courage makes a majority-Andrew Jackson.

Reactions: Nessie
1 - 11 of 11 Posts