Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started the show two weeks ago and so far I like it.
Do you have any idea what the characters' types are?

·
Spam-I-am
13,668 Posts
as a die hard trekkie I detest discovery
Star Trek was about discovering new life forms and peace
a positive out look for mankind
this new series is about war
no, just no
they corrupted the name ''Star Trek''
and the half human half Vulcan who is a transgender ?
da fuq

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I respect your opinion. I'm not a "die hard trekkie", so maybe that's why I'm not angry about the show being about war.

Michael is not necessarily transgender. The actress who plays Michael said that the character was named after her father:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sonequ...a-woman-named-michael-on-star-trek-discovery/

"
I love all of it," she said. "I love having a male name. I think that it speaks to the gender fluidity of our future. ... I have been named after my biological father, so that's a sort of nod to the father-daughter dynamic on the show."

Maybe she'll end up being transgender, maybe not, but, as far as I know,
there is nothing official.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Maybe Michael is an ISTP?
The frightened alien was perhaps ISFJ?

Now I am going to rant, so skip from this point if you don't want to read a rant:

I didn't watch past the first episode because I was very affronted by Michael attacking the captain. I was quite disappointed because I had been looking forward to her character. Our hero attacking the captain as nearly a first resort without reasonable consequences is modern TV show nonsense, and it ain't Star Trek. She shouldn't have attained her rank in the first place if she had such an unstable and uninsightful personality. She should have been kicked out of Starfleet for her attack.

/rant

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
burnham - ISTJ/4
saru - INTP/6
tyler - ISTP/5
georgiou - INFJ/2
stamets - ENFP/3
tilly - ESFJ/2
lorca - ESTP/8

i'm probably way off... but, just to get the ball rolling :)

i didnt like first couple episodes... i thought michelle yeoh was a little weak, i thought saru was a pussy, and i thought they did a lousy job allowing burnham to disobey orders and commit mutiny in episode 1. by episode 3, lorca came on board and now up to episode 6 has been fantastic.

while it has been largly about war with the klingons (i like) they are also throwing in typical star trek narrative as sub-plots, as with the big monster thing in episode 4.

·
Registered
122 Posts
burnham - ISTJ/4
saru - INTP/6
tyler - ISTP/5
georgiou - INFJ/2
stamets - ENFP/3
tilly - ESFJ/2
lorca - ESTP/8

i'm probably way off... but, just to get the ball rolling :)

i didnt like first couple episodes... i thought michelle yeoh was a little weak, i thought saru was a pussy, and i thought they did a lousy job allowing burnham to disobey orders and commit mutiny in episode 1. by episode 3, lorca came on board and now up to episode 6 has been fantastic.

while it has been largly about war with the klingons (i like) they are also throwing in typical star trek narrative as sub-plots, as with the big monster thing in episode 4.
I agree. I was very skeptical going into the first few episodes. But I'm really enjoying it so far. I think you hit the nail on the head with Burnhams' type. I haven't really looked at the others though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts