Personality Cafe banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Any ideas on Carol Marcus? I know she's not in it a lot but I'm curious about her type.
She struck me as INFJ almost immediately, but, like you said, she's not in it a lot. My impression might change in subsequent films, if she gets more screen time (as it seems likely she will, given the role she played in Kirk's life in the other timeline).

Yeah, either that or INTJ. He's very rule-based.
It could be reasoned that he is ISTJ in that respect. Ni-Te does not strike me as adherent to bureaucratic procedures for their own sake, in fact, many INTJs i have been in close contact with resent authority, it is my belief they perceive it as an assault on their capacity to arrive to the correct decisions based on personal experimentation and empirical data. Introverted sensing interferes with the innovative nature of introverted intuition sometimes, at least in my personal experience.

I'd say Khan was portrayed as an INFJ gone dark. I've never thought about it like that before you mentioned it-- my first impression was, INTJ, but I'd have to agree. Khan is a very, very intelligent INFJ that has gone all out on vengeance. This is interesting, especially since Benedict Cumberbatch has been typed as an INFJ.

I'm pretty sure Kirk is ENTJ. Here's why: he leads with forceful Te, and couldn't care less about social conformity, whether or not his status gives him authority or rules; even when he's not supposed to be on the ship, he has the nerve to rush right up to the captain and wastes no time with niceties. He's also extremely impatient, which is a common trait of ENTJ, and Te doms in general. When he needs to draw emotion out of Spock, he doesn't hesitate for a second to hurt him to get to his goal either (low Fi). He's logical, efficient and able to see and make haphazard plans and adapt on the fly in an almost rapid fire manner, which are all traits of ENTJ- it's said that the function stack placing Se in the third slot makes them more adaptive and in the physical elements than other NT types. He marshals resources in human potential, and takes information from pretty much everyone to serve his visions, another stereotypical trait of the ENTJ. At the beginning, when he's hitting on Uhura, he's charismatic but in an arrogant way, showing off what he knows, not taking no for an answer and not even hesitating to start a fight with half the bar. Think about it, for much of the movie, he's bent on rescuing captain Pike. He plots, plans, maneuvers and strategizes to do just that (high Ni). His character development shows what a decent and more well balanced ENTJ can be like, rather than the standard villain or evil boss persona. He can be empathic, and shows the utmost care for his crew- this is something ENTJs are capable of if they work on themselves.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.