Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think? I think, Smuggler: ESTP. Bounty Hunter: ISTP, maybe ESTP. Jedi Knight: ISTJ. Jedi Consular: ENFJ. Imperial Agent: ISTP. Trooper: ISTJ. Sith Warrior: ESTJ. Sith Inquisitor: INTJ, maybe ENTJ.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Why not group the classes by Cognitive Type, like this:

Knight: Ni - may seem like a soldier, but tries to make decisions while considering the future; also believes he/she has a purpose.
Inquisitor: Fe - uses emotional influence to dominate or encourage.
Trooper: Te - bold leader and blunt in orders.
Agent: Si - learns from past experiences and has an internal library.
Hunter: Ti - makes out weaknesses and with all that equipment, he/she is bound to know how it all works.
Smuggler: Se - Lives in the moment and takes risks.
Consular: Fi - holds steadfast beliefs and keeps his/her emotions hidden, although his/her caring side may show..
Warrior: Ne - scans the environment and pinpoints weaknesses, often to turn opponents to the Dark Side.

Although it could be different.

I just had ANOTHER theory. What if I make each specialization in a class either Judger or Perceiver? I'm sorry, I'll have to come back another time. I'll have to read each of them.

Reactions: flowers in her hair

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'VE GOT IT!!!

Some specializations' iconic image feature the same weapons as the player does at the start. However, the other specialization's icon has the player holding a different weapon, like the Sentinel/Marauder holding dual lightsabers instead of one, the Shadow/Assassin holding a saberstaff instead of a regular saber, and so on. The specializations keeping the same weapon are more strict in their weapon of choice and desire no change while their corresponding specializations aren't satisfied with their starting weapon, so they change it. Here is the list that I've come up with:

Judgers:
Sage: the Jedi Consular keeps one lightsaber (he mainly uses the Force, so it's mainly to throw or to give inspiration to allies).

Guardian: the Jedi Knight also keeps one lightsaber; although he does damage with it, it's mainly to distract the enemy so that his allies will be safe, which keeps to the Jedi Code.

Vanguard: The Republic Trooper keeps hold to the same rifle; with his roles, the tank distracts the enemy so that the Vanguard doesn't have to worry about allies.

Scoundrel: The Underworld Smuggler keeps his trusty starting pistol; the Scattershot makes quick use of the enemy, plus, as the official bio says, "The Scoundrel doesn't have time for a fair fight."

Sorcerer: The Sith Inquisitor stays true to the Lightsaber Lord Zash gave him; the Sorcerer seeks to dominate and his excessive force powers are just the thing to do it.

Juggernaut: The Sith Warrior keeps the lightsaber he found in the tomb; he is also a "juggernaut" since he can't be stopped in his goals; the official bio also states "the Juggernaut shapes the Force to his/her will to become nearly invulnerable in battle."

Powertech: The Bounty Hunter keeps to his own pistol; official bio states that the Powertech likes to test new technology, but it's worth realizing that he is unstoppable in being a one-man army.

Sniper: The Imperial Agent, of all the stories, this is the exception this judger/perceiver rule of keeping his weapon; while the Sniper does change which rifle he carries, the official bio confirms that he undergoes extensive training to shoot with precision; in retrospect, however, all the player does in the first ten levels is shoot without stealth, so compared to the Operative, the Sniper is actually pretty traditional.

Perceivers
Shadow: The Jedi Consular decides to switch to a saberstaff; the official bio also classifies her as an observer.

Sentinel: The Jedi Knight switches to dual sabers

Commando:

Gunslinger:

Assassin:

Marauder:

Mercenary:

Operative:

More coming soon!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'VE GOT IT!!!

Some specializations' iconic image feature the same weapons as the player does at the start. However, the other specialization's icon has the player holding a different weapon, like the Sentinel/Marauder holding dual lightsabers instead of one, the Shadow/Assassin holding a saberstaff instead of a regular saber, and so on. The specializations keeping the same weapon are more strict in their weapon of choice and desire no change while their corresponding specializations aren't satisfied with their starting weapon, so they change it. Here is the list that I've come up with:

Judgers:
Sage: the Jedi Consular keeps one lightsaber (he mainly uses the Force, so it's mainly to throw or to give inspiration to allies).

Guardian: the Jedi Knight also keeps one lightsaber; although he does damage with it, it's mainly to distract the enemy so that his allies will be safe, which keeps to the Jedi Code.

Vanguard: The Republic Trooper keeps hold to the same rifle; with his roles, the tank distracts the enemy so that the Vanguard doesn't have to worry about allies.

Scoundrel: The Underworld Smuggler keeps his trusty starting pistol; the Scattershot makes quick use of the enemy, plus, as the official bio says, "The Scoundrel doesn't have time for a fair fight."

Sorcerer: The Sith Inquisitor stays true to the Lightsaber Lord Zash gave him; the Sorcerer seeks to dominate and his excessive force powers are just the thing to do it.

Juggernaut: The Sith Warrior keeps the lightsaber he found in the tomb; he is also a "juggernaut" since he can't be stopped in his goals; the official bio also states "the Juggernaut shapes the Force to his/her will to become nearly invulnerable in battle."

Powertech: The Bounty Hunter keeps to his own pistol; official bio states that the Powertech likes to test new technology, but it's worth realizing that he is unstoppable in being a one-man army.

Sniper: The Imperial Agent, of all the stories, this is the exception this judger/perceiver rule of keeping his weapon; while the Sniper does change which rifle he carries, the official bio confirms that he undergoes extensive training to shoot with precision; in retrospect, however, all the player does in the first ten levels is shoot without stealth, so compared to the Operative, the Sniper is actually pretty traditional.

Perceivers
Shadow: The Jedi Consular decides to switch to a saberstaff; the official bio also classifies her as an observer.

Sentinel: The Jedi Knight switches to dual sabers

Commando:

Gunslinger:

Assassin:

Marauder:

Mercenary:

Operative:

More coming soon!
Would you say the Tank Role is more Te or Fe?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would you say the Tank Role is more Te or Fe?
I think I'll stick with Keirsey rather than MBTI from now on because not only are his theories less complicated than the Jungian functions, I've also read that Jung embraced a really stupid idea of good and evil as concepts needed to be balanced and believed that the sole purpose of life is self-actualization (which, in my opinion, is almost on par with how Ayn Rand would believe if she worshiped the Occult rather than a sociopath during her childhood.

So I'll reorganize the classes into different temperaments:

Contenders (Melancholic): Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter because both follow codes and believe in a type of honor.

Stabilizer (Melancholic): Sentinel for sticking to being a soldier of the Light. ISTJ
Catalyst (Supine): Guardian for keeping his companions safe. INFJ
Improviser (Sanguine): Mercenary for taking a huge risk from firing unprotected, even if he is far away. ISTP
Theorist (Choleric): Powertech for keeping himself calm, independent, and strategic in battle. INTJ

Responders (Supine): Jedi Consular and Imperial Agent since both are born followers (although they will bite back if provoked).

Stabilizer: Sniper because she prefers to stick to basics and stay in the same place. ISFJ
Catalyst: Operative because she adapts to the situation and is willing to heal her companions. INFP
Improviser: Shadow because she likes to observe through stealth, plus knocking people down while invisible is fun, is it not? ISFP
Theorist: Sage because she focuses on learning more about the Light Side of the Force. INTP

Coworker (Sanguine): the Smuggler and Sith Inquisitor both have a way with words.

Stabilizer: the Assassin stays true to using her original lightsaber and prefers to use practical Dark Side talents. ESFJ
Catalyst: the Scoundrel strays away from conflict with stealth and will heal her companions in a heartbeat. ENFP
Improviser: with the Gunslinger, it's painfully obvious, even with her Sniper-like barrier. ESFP
Theorist: since the Sorcerer tries to gain more knowledge of the Dark Side, can she be any other temperament?! ENTP

Initiator (Choleric): the Republic Trooper and Sith Warrior are both pretty commanding.

Stabilizer: the Commando prefers practical usage with his weaponry and staying in one place. ESTJ
Catalyst: despite the Juggernaut's bad reputation, he will protect his companions. ENFJ
Improviser: with the Marauder, do you even need to ask? ESTP
Theorist: despite the Vanguard tanking and keeping in one place, his moves are quite strategic. ENTJ

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll stick with Keirsey rather than MBTI from now on because not only are his theories less complicated than the Jungian functions, I've also read that Jung embraced a really stupid idea of good and evil as concepts needed to be balanced and believed that the sole purpose of life is self-actualization (which, in my opinion, is almost on par with how Ayn Rand would believe if she worshiped the Occult rather than a sociopath during her childhood.

Contenders (Melancholic): Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter because both follow codes and believe in a type of honor.

Stabilizer (Melancholic): Sentinel for sticking to being a soldier of the Light. ISTJ
Improviser (Sanguine): Mercenary for taking a huge risk from firing unprotected, even if he is far away. ISTP
Theorist (Choleric): Powertech for keeping himself calm, independent, and strategic in battle. INTJ

Responders (Supine): Jedi Consular and Imperial Agent since both are born followers (although they will bite back if provoked).

Stabilizer: Sniper because she prefers to stick to basics and stay in the same place. ISFJ
Catalyst: Operative because she adapts to the situation and is willing to heal her companions. INFP
Improviser: Shadow because she likes to observe through stealth, plus knocking people down while invisible is fun, is it not? ISFP
Theorist: Sage because she focuses on learning more about the Light Side of the Force. INTP

Coworker (Sanguine): the Smuggler and Sith Inquisitor both have a way with words.

Stabilizer: the Assassin stays true to using her original lightsaber and prefers to use practical Dark Side talents. ESFJ
Catalyst: the Scoundrel strays away from conflict with stealth and will heal her companions in a heartbeat. ENFP
Improviser: with the Gunslinger, it's painfully obvious, even with her Sniper-like barrier. ESFP
Theorist: since the Sorcerer tries to gain more knowledge of the Dark Side, can she be any other temperament?! ENTP

Initiator (Choleric): the Republic Trooper and Sith Warrior are both pretty commanding.

Stabilizer: the Commando prefers practical usage with his weaponry and staying in one place. ESTJ
Catalyst: despite the Juggernaut's bad reputation, he will protect his companions. ENFJ
Theorist: despite the Vanguard tanking and keeping in one place, his moves are quite strategic. ENTJ
Very intriguing. Never learned about the Melancholic, Sanguine, Supine, & Choleric.

·
Registered
69 Posts

I've been thinking. This may not be the best way to group the classes. The Republic should be the main and the Empire as the Shadow. Force-users are obviously iNtuitive and the non-sensitive as Sensors. The lighter armored ones become Perceivers and heavier armor turns them into Judgers. This turns the classes into the following:

Jedi Consular: XNXP

Jedi Knight: XNXJ

Smuggler: XSXP

Republic Trooper: XSXJ

Sith Inquisitor: XNXJ

Sith Warrior: XNXP

Imperial Agent: XSXJ

Bounty Hunter: XSXP

Now the advanced classes are another matter. I can easily determine which one for each by looking at the T or F letter:

Jedi Sage/ Sith Sorcerer: F (healer).
Jedi Shadow/ Sith Assassin: T (tank).

Jedi Guardian/ Sith Juggernaut: T (tank).
Jedi Sentinel/ Sith Marauder: F (DPS w/ debuffs).

Scoundrel/ Operative: F (healer).
Gunslinger/ Sniper: T (strategy needed in speed).

Vanguard/ Powertech: T (tank).
Commando/ Mercenary: F (healer).

As for the trees, I don't need to list them individually; I'll just keep it simple:
Introvert prefers left-most tree.
Extrovert prefers center.

As for the shared RIGHT-most tree, I'll leave that to personal preference.

In case you guys are confused as to why I mentioned "Shadow" earlier, it's because I read another source that said the Catholic Church allows taking the MBTI test and it's entirely possible to separate the research from the Occult.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been thinking. This may not be the best way to group the classes. The Republic should be the main and the Empire as the Shadow. Force-users are obviously iNtuitive and the non-sensitive as Sensors. The lighter armored ones become Perceivers and heavier armor turns them into Judgers. This turns the classes into the following:

Jedi Consular: XNXP

Jedi Knight: XNXJ

Smuggler: XSXP

Republic Trooper: XSXJ

Sith Inquisitor: XNXJ

Sith Warrior: XNXP

Imperial Agent: XSXJ

Bounty Hunter: XSXP

Now the advanced classes are another matter. I can easily determine which one for each by looking at the T or F letter:

Jedi Sage/ Sith Sorcerer: F (healer).
Jedi Shadow/ Sith Assassin: T (tank).

Jedi Guardian/ Sith Juggernaut: T (tank).
Jedi Sentinel/ Sith Marauder: F (DPS w/ debuffs).

Scoundrel/ Operative: F (healer).
Gunslinger/ Sniper: T (strategy needed in speed).

Vanguard/ Powertech: T (tank).
Commando/ Mercenary: F (healer).

As for the trees, I don't need to list them individually; I'll just keep it simple:
Introvert prefers left-most tree.
Extrovert prefers center.

As for the shared RIGHT-most tree, I'll leave that to personal preference.

In case you guys are confused as to why I mentioned "Shadow" earlier, it's because I read another source that said the Catholic Church allows taking the MBTI test and it's entirely possible to separate the research from the Occult.
Makes sense to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts