Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

i have OCD (between mild and medium symptoms) nothing serious :) ,
social anxiety? (maybe)

male
normal

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7704380682_4da6df716d.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6005/6004664548_32c083ea9f_m.jpg

the picture of the beach. because it has the mysterious feelings to it.

i'd describe it as "mysterious" " calm" "relaxing" can be very scary if the the sun goes down........

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

im a very quiet person in real life don't like to talk much unless it's with very close people. i don't have many friends because it always ends awkwardly. a perfect scenario would be this.

me talking to myself

me: after a long time being in my own world i realize that "i really don't have any friends......."

me : i think i really need to make some friends because ........ ( starts imagining what life would be without friends..... and comes to an conclusion that it would be really lonely and terrible)

me: "goes into thinking about how to make friends "

me: oh ok so ill just do xxxxx and xxxxxx and BOOM i have friends. no problem at all......

2 conclusions : I either just think about make how to make friends and never do it. OR if the motivation is strong enough i go out to actually try to make friends only to be disappointed because of the awkwardness and that reduces my motivation for next time i think about making friends.......

the reason for the awkwardness is that i tend to be genuine with my objectives.

when i want to make friends i make say things like "what's up" and they be like "nothing much" and the conversation would usually end there. ( sometimes it can go on for longer if the other person is outgoing and asks me questions like "how's your day going?") and then i tell them lol.

after that i start just speaking my mind and i'd ask straightforward like "do you wanna be friends?" and then they'd usually be creeped out because hmmmm i guess friends aren't suppose to be made this way?

i fully understand that friends aren't suppose to be made this way. but i really can't think of any small talk at all...... the only thing i can think of is " i just want to be friends with you....... that's all......"

the conclusion that i get from this is that i NEED others to interact with me and get me to open up in order to be in an genuine relationship.( although i can see exceptions where i can make friends myself? if my intentions are genuine) ( romantic ones aside). I'm insanely awkward towards people if my feelings aren't genuine. Because then i start pretending to be something that I'm not and that REALLY bothers me to the point that i just wanna say "fuck it" I'm not doing this anymore.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
i would like to be be person that is really outgoing . yet genuine and keeps it real with their intentions.

i wouldn't like to be a person who is disloyal , a person who betrays their friends.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

strangers? i don't really know. i mean in the inside I'm really sensitive but i cannot act out in public because of public manners? it' just something the public would frown upon. so i usually keep my feelings to myself in the public...... but sometimes it can explode lol.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

loyalty/ faithfulness is insanely important . I'm not sure how to describe it..... it's sort of just an innate feeling...... i get really annoyed when a person helping both sides equally.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

i guess love? when i fell in love and got rejected( well not really rejected , it's a long story) i dealt with it by staying in my room depressed and crying every time i thought of that person......

( yea i know it's not very manly and when i think of it. i feel really embarrassed but then again i think to myself " if this is how i really am then why change"?)

i think if this is how i truly am then i shouldn't need to change.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
it's kind of a mental struggle. i don't usually express anything outwardly.

an real life example would be literally the exact same thing......

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

mentally happy. (maybe a little bit more outgoing?)

i love singing loves that i can relate to and gets me very emotional. i love crying every now and then it makes so happy and feel good.
i don't like a song just because it is catchy though...... it has to have meaning to it.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
not sure what the word perceive means (based on the apple dictionary) but i think it's "understand?".

i think one on one interactions is more of my thing. because it's more centered on me. and i can express my feelings better this way.

group interactions......... it's more of a struggle because I'm not sure how i should dismiss other's opinions...... i don't wanna be too rude but i have to be genuine....... and to do this with more than one person....... I'm completely drained of all my energy lol.

there are exceptions though. if it is the people i am very close to. i can be very in-depth with them and genuinely explain why i think their idea is wrong. ( doing this would actually make me enjoy the conversation more)

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

i SUBCONSCIOUSLY see people as inherently good( kind people ). i strongly feel that it is important to be a "good person" .

i dislike people who i have this innate feeling about them that is bad.
a perfect example is that whenever i meet someone the first thing i try to determine is whether they are "good or bad" and i settle with my answer. YET i still SUBCONSCIOUSLY expect them to be nice.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

i think authority is needed, without the government it would be chaos and anarchy. All sorts of things could happen it's just terrible.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

i hate order and chaos. i hate rules and i hate chaos. if possible i would like people to just be inherently good therefore order wouldn't be needed.

i hate how bosses have power over us. the power should divided equally so that absolute power does not corrupt absolutely. ( unless like i said, people are inherently good. then that means the leader will be a good person therefore he will not be corrupted )

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

bit vague....... not sure what it is clearly asking.......

i fear many things: heights, dark, rejection, death

i'd love to add more but i really have no clue lol.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

i want happiness, i strive to "complete my life" by being happy because i believe that the purpose of life is really just to be happy and be with the ones you love.

i think this because if you think about it, ultimately in the end nothing really matters but the ones you love.

For some people it might be knowledge, money, getting high, exploring the world.... but for me it is happiness.

my definition of happiness is being with the ones you love.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

energize the most : singing catchy emotional songs that i can relate to because i feel like i get this emotional high feeling. it feels so good and then i might break into some tears and it feels even better.

drains: doing something that i don't like. i hate dealing with data and complicated things. ( although a little bit of shallow philosophical thinking that I LIKE can be good every once in a while)

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

i want to know my type because i want to know what kind of person i really am, so that i can steer in that direction instead struggling going in the wrong direction.

im almost 100% sure that I'm in INFP( i also ALWAYS score INFP in the test) but people ( on perC) keeps saying the way i type is very much like an ISFP. which i COMPLETELY disagree because i don't have a SINGLE shred of Se. plus i show very much Fi and Ne though :).

If you think i am an ISFP i want you to be real with me though. just explain why.

yes there is a type that i love the most/ would probably want an romantic partner with and that's my own type with my own ideals. Because i believe that a person with my ideals would make a PERFECT romantic partner because of their strong unrelenting faithfulness and loyalty.

this is what a person said to me on perc and why he thinks I'm an ISFP.

Your style of writing doesn't look like what an intuitor would have, but does look like what you'll find among many ISFPs. It's very precise, fact-seeking, to the point, blunt and tries to create a reaction in the reader. It may even be seen as a bit aggressive when making an important point.
Most intuitors, particularly NFs, use language to express themselves and will therefore make longer sentences that convey nuances and images but neglect a lot of facts.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

yes . here it is

I'm always future orientated and i always think of the most ridiculous but in my favor ideas....... I'm not spontaneous and i don't have the urge to laugh or dance when watching funny / hearing music.( unless it''s my kind of funny)

i always worry about a lot of things because i think of "what ifs" even the things that have .00000001% chance of happening i still consider it a possibility.

when i was little 1-13 , i always looked into the clouds and sometimes i'd imagine a giant spider in the sky and i'd be really scared lol. especially when it is night time.

when i see at trees at night. it gives me a creepy feeling because i think it might be alive and some kind of mysterious creature .

the thought of thunderstorm at the ocean scares me , because of how freighting and mysterious it is.

the Bermuda Triangle scares me because it is so mysterious.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Hm. Seem Fi, intuitive seems Ni. ISFP.

Try to remove your thinking from anxiety or OCD.

The area of self-esteem of these types is the "wholeness" of the internal situation, internal harmony, ideological consistency and consistency of principles, internal tranquility. In order to protect this point, they usually just need a little break away from the people on this issue to resolve the inner conflicts, so they almost always cope successfully with this task. From the side, they always seem to be very consistent and principled people. They always think, do and say the same things, that is, they never contradict themselves and expect the same out of others. Sometimes, for this reason, they are considered to be "too right". They are receptive to information only when it bears no risk of destroying this inner balance, which sometimes makes them very stubborn. Will never strike a deal with his principles. Usually makes an impression of a restrained, polite, closed off, hidden, consistent person. Positive self-esteem is ensured by his ideals that may correlate poorly with the surrounding reality, which may cause neglect of what which is real. Effective in achieving specific goals, but accomplish this by breaking straight though, stopping at nothing, ignoring the outside world and external opinions. Feel good when this is reinforced by their situation: for example, position or occupation which underlines the legitimacy of such actions and means and grants them protection from the viewpoint of society. For example: "I am a soldier just doing my duty for the motherland" is to be understood as: "this grants legitimacy to my actions ". Often preach idealistic principles, stressing priority of ideas and principles over reality. Knows how to lead people, as he wants to believe that he's not lying but truly believes in his ideals. Finds that it's important to preserve internal "wholeness", thus he needs to feel monolithic correctness of their actions in terms of consistency, devotion to principle. Where the situation is too ambiguous, he will try to resolve it through simplification. In principle and consistency - "good", not in principle and consistency - "bad." Do not like those who sow contradictions and doubts. Even if he does something wrong, it's much more comfortable for him to never know about it, thus his self-esteem will be protected, so often will simply ignore it. For example, he may think that such people want to hurt him so their opinion does not matter. In general, anything that might disturb his inner ideational "wholeness" is not taken into account. "I may lose, but I will remain true to myself." Very often it is more important to them.

OR

Many of the concerns of people center around issues of health, usefulness / harmfulness, reliability, and this is usually evident. They are often like walking medical guides - know what should be taken and when in the event of sickness. These questions serve as the foundation of their self-esteem, so in these matters they are not afraid to go too far: winter swimming, training, jogging in the morning, drinking specialized products for promotions of health. Often attracted to alternative medicine. Anything that can improve their health holds their interest. They are very weary of the slightest dangers to their physical well-being: when it's cold - they are the first to notice the need to dress warmer. May ask to reduce speed when someone is driving too fast. Any threats to their well-being are unacceptable - even if one screw comes loose they see it as a potential threat to their lives and refuse to move in a way. Always check machinery and equipment for the most trifling reasons. Never confide "packing their parachute" to someone else. If they have any health problems, for them this is a serious blow to self-esteem. In active defense of this function will seek to prove their physical soundness, to be the first to undertake physical hardships (say, the first to carry heavy furniture during community gatherings). In passive defense will say: "Yes, I am old and sick." All that can be used to confirm their physical soundness, will be given priority. So they like to exercise as a way to prove that they are still capable. The most terrible punishment for them is to lay helplessly ill in bed in the presence of other people. They like to be confident in the medical plan of the organization for which they are working. They often become hostages of the word "beneficial" especially if it relates to health. Usually demonstrate a lot of care about social security, debt to the people by the government. They fear of getting into a situation where there is no one around to give a glass of water. To convince themselves that their health is ok, for them it is desirable to periodically somehow "feel" their body strength: hiking, rock climbing, marathons, triathlon, etc. If the test is passed, then their physical well-being is considered to be fine.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hm. Seem Fi, intuitive seems Ni. ISFP.

Try to remove your thinking from anxiety or OCD.

The area of self-esteem of these types is the "wholeness" of the internal situation, internal harmony, ideological consistency and consistency of principles, internal tranquility. In order to protect this point, they usually just need a little break away from the people on this issue to resolve the inner conflicts, so they almost always cope successfully with this task. From the side, they always seem to be very consistent and principled people. They always think, do and say the same things, that is, they never contradict themselves and expect the same out of others. Sometimes, for this reason, they are considered to be "too right". They are receptive to information only when it bears no risk of destroying this inner balance, which sometimes makes them very stubborn. Will never strike a deal with his principles. Usually makes an impression of a restrained, polite, closed off, hidden, consistent person. Positive self-esteem is ensured by his ideals that may correlate poorly with the surrounding reality, which may cause neglect of what which is real. Effective in achieving specific goals, but accomplish this by breaking straight though, stopping at nothing, ignoring the outside world and external opinions. Feel good when this is reinforced by their situation: for example, position or occupation which underlines the legitimacy of such actions and means and grants them protection from the viewpoint of society. For example: "I am a soldier just doing my duty for the motherland" is to be understood as: "this grants legitimacy to my actions ". Often preach idealistic principles, stressing priority of ideas and principles over reality. Knows how to lead people, as he wants to believe that he's not lying but truly believes in his ideals. Finds that it's important to preserve internal "wholeness", thus he needs to feel monolithic correctness of their actions in terms of consistency, devotion to principle. Where the situation is too ambiguous, he will try to resolve it through simplification. In principle and consistency - "good", not in principle and consistency - "bad." Do not like those who sow contradictions and doubts. Even if he does something wrong, it's much more comfortable for him to never know about it, thus his self-esteem will be protected, so often will simply ignore it. For example, he may think that such people want to hurt him so their opinion does not matter. In general, anything that might disturb his inner ideational "wholeness" is not taken into account. "I may lose, but I will remain true to myself." Very often it is more important to them.

OR

Many of the concerns of people center around issues of health, usefulness / harmfulness, reliability, and this is usually evident. They are often like walking medical guides - know what should be taken and when in the event of sickness. These questions serve as the foundation of their self-esteem, so in these matters they are not afraid to go too far: winter swimming, training, jogging in the morning, drinking specialized products for promotions of health. Often attracted to alternative medicine. Anything that can improve their health holds their interest. They are very weary of the slightest dangers to their physical well-being: when it's cold - they are the first to notice the need to dress warmer. May ask to reduce speed when someone is driving too fast. Any threats to their well-being are unacceptable - even if one screw comes loose they see it as a potential threat to their lives and refuse to move in a way. Always check machinery and equipment for the most trifling reasons. Never confide "packing their parachute" to someone else. If they have any health problems, for them this is a serious blow to self-esteem. In active defense of this function will seek to prove their physical soundness, to be the first to undertake physical hardships (say, the first to carry heavy furniture during community gatherings). In passive defense will say: "Yes, I am old and sick." All that can be used to confirm their physical soundness, will be given priority. So they like to exercise as a way to prove that they are still capable. The most terrible punishment for them is to lay helplessly ill in bed in the presence of other people. They like to be confident in the medical plan of the organization for which they are working. They often become hostages of the word "beneficial" especially if it relates to health. Usually demonstrate a lot of care about social security, debt to the people by the government. They fear of getting into a situation where there is no one around to give a glass of water. To convince themselves that their health is ok, for them it is desirable to periodically somehow "feel" their body strength: hiking, rock climbing, marathons, triathlon, etc. If the test is passed, then their physical well-being is considered to be fine.
dang..... i think you might actually be right...... ( you have persuaded me that i might actually be an ISFP) after 2 months of thinking I'm an INFP lol.

( i didn't read your wall of text because i didn't know what it was about but the fact that you said i was an ISFP made me GENUINELY go search for if i relate with them.) ,

but there so many thing i can relate to INFP's it's so strange.

i do find it very draining to think of new possibilities but maybe this can be an underdeveloped Ne? i don't know lol.

it's just that so many INFP things fit me. and when i took the PerC personality functions test with the biased mindset that I'm an INTP i still scored INFP.
http://cognitivequiz.com/quiz.html

like a thing about me relating to the INFP is because i can get lost in thought about what i will do in the future a lot of times but it's not complicated though it's just straight forward things.

im not artistic or anything either.

are ISFP's very imaginative? i already imagine things to be things that they are not. like trees to be mysterious creatures at night. and clouds being a face........ it;s not because of my OCD or social anxiety though. because i didn't have those back when i was 1-13.

any thoughts? and btw what is the wall of text about? lol.

extra something : if I'm really an ISFP i better get my ass out there and socialize and explore the world! lmao.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Under the cut the first is Ni in ISxPs and the second is Si in INxPs. I don't see Si (to simplify sentimentality/nostalgia towards past).

are ISFP's very imaginative? i already imagine things to be things that they are not. like trees to be mysterious creatures at night. and clouds being a face........ it;s not because of my OCD or social anxiety though. because i didn't have those back when i was 1-13.
Perhaps this could help you?
https://youtu.be/OUiLIrK7RmQ

My opinion is ISFP but I'd like other to roll into this too.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Under the cut the first is Ni in ISxPs and the second is Si in INxPs. I don't see Si (to simplify sentimentality/nostalgia towards past).
oh lol. i heard someone explain on PerC that that Si has nothing to do with memories/ nostalgia at all....... ( he seemed to be very knowledgable on this.)

i could get you the link if you want?

but if you are talking about "sentimentality/nostalgia towards past" that for me goes OFF THE CHARTS. lol

im crazy about those things. i always go so emotional thinking about the past . my nostalgia is usually like i said...... OFF THE CHARTS.

but then again Si has nothing to do with that..... (according to what i know)

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
oh lol. i heard someone explain on PerC that that Si has nothing to do with memories/ nostalgia at all....... ( he seemed to be very knowledgable on this.)

i could get you the link if you want?

but if you are talking about "sentimentality/nostalgia towards past" that for me goes OFF THE CHARTS. lol

im crazy about those things. i always go so emotional thinking about the past . my nostalgia is usually like i said...... OFF THE CHARTS.

but then again Si has nothing to do with that..... (according to what i know)
Si as tertiary and inferior is a shallow function. Si in SJs is deep and expansive.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I agree with @Greyhart. ISFP with well developed Ni. That's likely a factor as to why you're so confused.

i do find it very draining to think of new possibilities but maybe this can be an underdeveloped Ne? i don't know lol.
Actually, this is probably Ni. Ni abstractions are streamlined and absolute. Ni scoffs at new ideas because they have to think about them before they can accept them as a part of deeply woven, intricate vision.

like a thing about me relating to the INFP is because i can get lost in thought about what i will do in the future a lot of times but it's not complicated though it's just straight forward things.
"Straight forward things" is probably Se. Do you focus on tangible things you could do in the future? New trends or content? "Future oriented" is useless terminology. It's the aspects of the future you fixate on that's most important.

im not artistic or anything either.
This means nothing. Some ISFPs are very artistic, others not so much. You could say this about any type (it also depends on how you define "artistic").

Any type can be imaginative. This strikes me as Se-Ni. My (likely, she's only 12 so I'm not cemented on her type) ISFP sister does the same thing. "Isn't that cloud cool! It's like a sweet little puppy!" She loves looking at clouds and interpreting the different images they could conjure for her. She does that with sensory things in general. Very artistic, creative, imaginative human. I actually thought xNFP for her when she was little. "Mysterious creatures in the night" is something she could have said. It's something Ni would likely say in general.

any thoughts? and btw what is the wall of text about? lol.
Inferior functions. I didn't read it all either, tbh, but I'm guessing inferior Fi vs inferior Si. Was I right @Greyhart?

EDIT: She already answered, and I wasn't. A for effort?

extra something : if I'm really an ISFP i better get my ass out there and socialize and explore the world! lmao.
Stop being so Se.

Reactions: the401

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Inferior functions. I didn't read it all either, tbh, but I'm guessing inferior Fi vs inferior Si. Was I right @Greyhart?

Wanted to check tertiary agency.

Reactions: Deadly Decorum

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
hmmmmmm totally confused lol

EDIT : oh ok.

what about the Si thing? is that really relating to nostalgia?
The description I put under the cut explains it in INxPs.

In short, for NPs it's a sentimental attachment to things, hypochondria and general health preoccupation OR complete neglect, reluctance to try new physical sensations ("Why try that new dish when there's dish that I already know is totally awesome?"), addiction to a comfort or you know, extreme sweet tooth (EXTREME, I am ALLERGIC and I still can't stop it with chocolate - it's too tasty, fuck the rash I can take it for the sake of the deliciousness), a low level yet constant detachment from body and surrounding. I could go on. It's easy to think about this like some sort of anxiety related thing but it's not. It's its own thing. As I said in SJs aka "Si as dom or aux function" it's deep and constantly expanding in NPs it stays in an infantile "childish" state and is more of a toy (or a great great annoyance for ENPs) than a way of life.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The description I put under the cut explains it in INxPs.

In short, for NPs it's a sentimental attachment to things, hypochondria and general health preoccupation OR complete neglect, reluctance to try new physical sensations ("Why try that new dish when there's dish that I already know is totally awesome?"), addiction to a comfort or you know, extreme sweet tooth (EXTREME, I am ALLERGIC and I still can't stop it with chocolate - it's too tasty, fuck the rash I can take it for the sake of the deliciousness), a low level yet constant detachment from body and surrounding. I could go on. It's easy to think about this like some sort of anxiety related thing but it's not. It's its own thing. As I said in SJs aka "Si as dom or aux function" it's deep and constantly expanding in NPs it stays in an infantile "childish" state and is more of a toy (or a great great annoyance for ENPs) than a way of life.
wait NP's not SP's?

what exactly are you trying to say lol. i don't know if I'm too stupid or you are too intelligent lol.

like can you be a bit straightforward?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
ISTPs and ISFPs use Ni as their third function. It's this.

INTPs and INFPs use Si as their third function.

ISFP - Fi Se Ni Te
INFP - Fi Ne Si Te

From he different thread:
http://personalitycafe.com/articles...-ne-vs-ni.html#/forumsite/20588/topics/538970

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with @Greyhart. ISFP with well developed Ni. That's likely a factor as to why you're so confused.

Actually, this is probably Ni. Ni abstractions are streamlined and absolute. Ni scoffs at new ideas because they have to think about them before they can accept them as a part of deeply woven, intricate vision.

"Straight forward things" is probably Se. Do you focus on tangible things you could do in the future? New trends or content? "Future oriented" is useless terminology. It's the aspects of the future you fixate on that's most important.

This means nothing. Some ISFPs are very artistic, others not so much. You could say this about any type (it also depends on how you define "artistic").

Any type can be imaginative. This strikes me as Se-Ni. My (likely, she's only 12 so I'm not cemented on her type) ISFP sister does the same thing. "Isn't that cloud cool! It's like a sweet little puppy!" She loves looking at clouds and interpreting the different images they could conjure for her. She does that with sensory things in general. Very artistic, creative, imaginative human. I actually thought xNFP for her when she was little. "Mysterious creatures in the night" is something she could have said. It's something Ni would likely say in general.

Stop being so Se.
Do you focus on tangible things you could do in the future?

well i think about the things that i could do in a online game that that i play? does that count? or saving up enough money to get something i want?

deciding of whether or not i want to do something? and why i should?

i would also like to mention that sometimes it's very hard for me to make up my mind sometimes and i consider maybe all of the choices may be good?

another thing is that when i was younger i used to play this card game called "Yugioh" and the thing about that game is that you have to "build your own deck" the better deck you have the better chance you have at winning and i'd find it fun to experiment with certain cards. ( i'd take cards out and put new ones in and i just want to see what will happen)

i don't know if this helps, but when i was 13-14 in middle school i'd always struggle with math because they'd teach me something they be like "ok this is how you do it" and then i watch them do it and i try to apply the exact same steps to every problem only to figure out that it doesn't work with every problem.........

also i tend to have a hard time accepting how math works. the teacher would show me and say " ok so this is how you do " and i just think to myself "why?" why does math have to be this way? and because i can't understand this i cannot fully genuinely devote myself into doing math because i still question the very thing that i am doing....... just doesn't feel right.

is that even possible? i thought the 3rd function usually starts later in life........ like 20+......

according to this thread i started showing Ni during ages 1-13? how's that possible?

what are you thoughts overall about this post?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
wait you still didn't answer me on whether or not Si is really "sentimentality/nostalgia towards past".

this is the thread that says it isn't .

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...ted-sensation-function-si-misconceptions.html
I did. Multiple times. Function changes drastically depending on it's placement. ESTP's Ni is not the same as INFJ's Ni and so on.

INxP's Si
is that even possible? i thought the 3rd function usually starts later in life........ like 20+......

according to this thread i started showing Ni during ages 1-13? how's that possible?
All children are imaginative. 1-13. Whatever types they are. Imagination is more than intuition. And by the rules your types shouldn't be determinated until about 18. Personally, if I could back I'd advice my teen self to read into it just for the sake of understanding other people.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did. Multiple times. Function changes drastically depending on it's placement. ESTP's Ni is not the same as INFJ's Ni and so on.

All children are imaginative. 1-13. Whatever types they are. Imagination is more than intuition. And by the rules your types shouldn't be determinated until about 18. Personally, if I could back I'd advice my teen self to read into it just for the sake of understanding other people.
wait so you explained how Ni works for both ISFP and INFP. yea i noticed that.

however is Si really ""sentimentality/nostalgia towards past"? your description of Si for INFP's didn't have anything relating to "sentimentality/nostalgia towards the past? ( at least i didn't mean to)

oh so also? do you think that from 1-13 is Ni? or is it just imagination...

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
wait so you explained how Ni works for both ISFP and INFP. yea i noticed that.

however is Si really ""sentimentality/nostalgia towards past"? your description of Si for INFP's didn't have anything relating to "sentimentality/nostalgia towards the past? ( at least i didn't mean to)

oh so also? do you think that from 1-13 is Ni? or is it just imagination...
I've yet to find a kid that didn't have a mile over an adult in terms of imagination. There's bunch of theories regarding how age and functions work. I like the one that say that as kids (pre-teens basically) we use all of our functions better than as adults. So as kid I loved active sports and drawing along with scienc-y and tech stuff. But I also think that we favor our "preferred" functions all the way through growing up but as other (including "shadow" functions) mature they can overshadow our preferred 4 hence typing teens is hard. You can google "<insert type> as a child forum" and you'll find all kinds of examples. ENTPs as kids can be quiet and grow social or other way, or just be extroverts all the way.

As for description that I've threw in, they are socionics. Si seem to be focused on the health there. I mix all the info I get into my own cocktail I don't hold to one system. Which just made me incompetent in your eyes, hah. Anyway, the my Si description (although it isn't so much a description as a compilation of the ways it affects individual when it's in low order) is based on my NP friends, me (duh), and variety or posts on this and cognitive function forum section.

Anyway, @hoopla is one of the Si experts here. (and a Si dom aka lives by it) if she doesn't see Si-Ne in you I'd take it with a great consideration.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Intp. This focus on friends and inability to have conversation really is an inferior fe fest the way i read it. I see why some think it could be se ni here but I don't like the answers to the questions much anyway. Usually brief and doesn't say much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.