Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm doubting my type again, only because I can't seem to exactly relate to sfjs, and cannot tell if that's a subconscious thing or reality. I'm pretty sure about Ne and Si, but Fe/ti Te/Fi keep confusing me. I feel more detached than the strong fe types I've talked to. I don't exactly like insensitive, heartless people who don't care about others at all, making me think Fe maybe. I've also put beliefs away when others antagonized me for them, like being an environmentalist and having no one else seem to care and getting criticized, so I rebelled against that. Fe right?

However I used to get called heartless because I rarely cry during emotional movies. I've had to fake before so I won't get criticized. If I can't relate to it, I won't cry. I also hate others seeing me cry as I feel weak, exposed or vulnerable. I don't like being rude for the sake of being rude, but if you have to, and you have a reason, I think it's valid and important to stand up for yourself. I don't really seem to ask myself "am I being rude/mean/insensitive?" or censor myself in the way the fe types I've interacted myself do. I don't feel obliged to social rules at all. If I'm with a person I don't think "is that socially appropriate?" I base my interactions more on how the person feels/is comfortable with, not on if it's rude/appropriate, but maybe that's Fe after all?

For instance, I don't believe I should treat the elderly with respect because that's what we're told. If someone is rude to me, I don't owe them respect despite their age or class. But I wouldn't say Fe would treat all elderly people kindly just because.

I'm not a thinking type at all, so I rule out Ti over Fe. Any insight into how the above doesn't necessarily counteract Fe would be helpful. Thank you.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Projection of idealized types and using these perceptions to get a score I want, sometimes blurring the line of reality. I haven't had much life experience due to the cards I'm currently dealt with, and being inside your mind, while useful, can give you idealized perceptions and not a clear objective of how you may act in a given situation. Experiences teach you who you are. You are who you are on the inside from birth, and environment and situations and interactions help teach you more about yourself so that you can expand on what you know.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

[URL="https://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardomoreiraphotos/16668887977/in/explore-2015-03-20[/URL]

I think this is a great reflection of how nudity is not a bad thing, and shouldn't be billed as such. We are that plastic mannequin. The mannequin is merely a display for clothing or art projects. It's not viewed in a sexual context. It would be only perceived as such if bondage clothing or props were projected. Otherwise, it's just a mannequin. So why should the human body be perceived as merely sexual? Objectively, our body parts serve biological purposes, whether for producing children, feeding children, clearing waste, or for pleasure. How we perceive the body is not always based on attraction; it's subjective, or based on the solid idea that bodies are dirty. So as a women attracted to males, objectively I won't see a pair of tits as sexy, but if I want to see them as slutty or dirty or just a body part, that's up to me. I think we should be taught to see our bodies as natural; even as a kid it made me uncomfortable that we were taught to mask what we were born with. If I took my top off right now, who are you to say it's for sexual purposes? What if I just don't want tow ear a top?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Hypothetical questions are not always best, as how you think you're going to act in a given moment doesn't always reflect reality.

What time is it? Can we still make it on time? I might freak out as it was unexpected, sudden, but then I'd try to see how we could get on time. Is someone in the group able to fix the car? Do we need to call AA? Would it be best to tow the car, then hitch hike or catch a ride from a friend/taxi? I'd focus on the main objective, and try to cool down the group if they were freaking out, since being emotional in this situation won't help.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

What kind of party? Is it interesting? If the group is going I might as well; but even if they weren't I might go if it's interesting. The thing with parties is I might be missing out on something cool if I don't attend, and I always have the choice to dip out if it sucks, so I'd go.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It would depend.

I have a great example: I was 11-12 in middle school, and a friend told me she hated gay people and beat up a friend until she turned straight. I couldn't say anything. I became immobile. This happens in many situations. I know what I want to say, but my mouth will not open, and I become quiet. I should have stood up for a friend of mine in grade school, and never did, sometimes treating him like shit behind his back. I just see these people with really strong opinions, I know I can't win, it won't get anywhere, and so I stay quiet. If it's really important, I will stand up for myself, despite all costs, unless it would cause losing things I can't gain back or find alternatives to. It depends how important the thing is to me, and if it's really worth to stand up. Some people have made their minds up.

If it's something trivial like music taste I probably won't care.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Whenever someone asks me directly about my values, I draw a blank. If it's controversial opinions, I can always share, since I know which opinions I have that will piss people off. But idk.... questions like "who are you" always make me speechless, because idk what to say. I do better when it's pulled out of me indirectly. I often find archetypes or things I've seen before and tack them on in these instances, especially since I change opinions all the time.

I guess respect. Not putting people out of their comfort zone. Independence. Free thinking. Questioning. Respect for other people's opinions (well not always.... abortion is a hot button, and I refuse to accept pro lifers, but I think it's good to hear alternate viewpoints before you decide. Have an open mind. Listen first, then decide if it's disgusting. You won't grow as a person if you don't listen to other people's viewpoints). The environment is a big one, I put it on the wayslide because my family treated me like shit for it growing up and I realized how sad it was to let their insensitivity change my mind. That's what I mean, like if someone is a vegan, don't patronize them for it, because that's their choice. I don't mind telling people it's not a healthy diet, but ultimately, what they choose to do with their opinion is their choice. Also responsibility, and helping people do the best they can to live to their full potential. Treating people like people.

I told you it's hard for me to answer.... idk why

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Not sure either. Some people say I'm weird/different, others say normal.

I guess I'm always trying to figure people out, like guess what they're into, who they are, what they like. I try to figure everything out in life, I want to know why everything is here, what it all means. Thinking is interesting to me. I'm also pretty avoidant, since I don't like making unnecessary scenes. I'll only make a scene when it's necessary and important, but I think most people overreact to certain situations instead of looking at them objectively. You take the extreme course of action when nothing else works.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I might analyze them... is it really true? With people, I usually go right away with how I feel. If someone gives me a bad or creepy vibe, I avoid them. If I have a bad vibe about a situation, I try to look at it objectively. So if I'm unconfident about a new job position, I think about what my options are, try to shift perspectives, and do what I can to deal with it.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I like reading, writing, debating, learning, watching movies, music. Anything stimulating my mind and allowing me to see new perspectives. Shopping, make-up, those girly things. I like candles, baths, relaxing things. New things, new experiences, especially ones I'll never be able to experience again.

Dealing with negative emotion; high charged anger often makes me keep my mouth shut. Anything too repetitive. Just drama in general. Conflict can be healthy and engaging, but when it's not, I cannot recuperate.Really excitable or outwardly intense people. Things like work parties, where I don't really want to be there and don't even care, but am playing the role. It's not something I think about I guess. When I'm drained I know I'm drained.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

This is usually subconscious, and often not recognizable until I reflect back in retrospect. It depends on the person. For instance, my mother is afraid of failure, mistakes, is very emotional and easy to piss off, so I monitor my behavior to make sure I don't piss her off, but it never works, lol. I go based on what I don't want them to know, how they'll react, and the like. I can sense an energy pretty well, and go with that.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers
1 - 1 of 1 Posts