Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I screwed up trying to answer the personality test with wishy washy answers. I used Similar Minds and got:

Introverted (I) 80.77% Extroverted (E) 19.23%
Intuitive (N) 53.13% Sensing (S) 46.88%
Thinking (T) 51.72% Feeling (F) 48.28%
Perceiving (P) 57.58% Judging (J) 42.42%

Your type is: INTP

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 43%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||| 33%
Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||| 46%
Type 6 Cautiousness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 53%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

type score type behavior motivation
7 16 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 15 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
4 14 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 14 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
9 14 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.

Your main type is Type 7
Your variant stacking is sospsx

Some of the questions are just uuggh! What am I comparing to? To other people? I'm terrible at this. Is anyone this or that? Maybe that's why I suck at dealing with people? Because I'm not 'this way' or 'that way'. I looked at other tests and I have more questions than answers. Any answer feels like the wrong answer for most of the questions because I just don't feel that I come cleanly down on one side or the other. I deal with each situation as it comes, predictably badly.

How are you supposed to answer these questions without it seeming untrue? Because if I pick one side more than other, it seems wrong.

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
You shouldn't rely on tests to determine your type for you. Not many of them determine which cognitive functions you use (including the ones you took), so they really do not have much use at all.

If you want a more accurate read on what your type could be, you should fill out a questionnaire.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I agree with @Ardielley

The problem with tests is that it's often a black and white, yes and no answer. Most people are not boxed archetypes, and thus it's practically impossible to type someone that way. Also, quizzes are yet again bad because it relies completely on self-biases, and we all know that a person can trick themselves into answering a certain way.

The best option would be to take a questionnaire. I would recommend filling out one of the stickied ones first, so we get the gist of you. Then after that, try @Jinsei's questionnaire for more in depth analysis of the cognitive functions. :)

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
The tests give you a general guide (looking for patterns, etc.), but in the end it's up to you to decide. Read about the individual functions (and types if you haven't done so).

Agree with filling out the questionnaires as mentioned above.

Also, hang out in the different subforums and see which one(s) you feel most comfortable in to narrow down your options.

Lastly, from what you have written, I think INxP.

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
I agree with @Ardielley

The problem with tests is that it's often a black and white, yes and no answer. Most people are not boxed archetypes, and thus it's practically impossible to type someone that way. Also, quizzes are yet again bad because it relies completely on self-biases, and we all know that a person can trick themselves into answering a certain way.

The best option would be to take a questionnaire. I would recommend filling out one of the stickied ones first, so we get the gist of you. Then after that, try @Jinsei's questionnaire for more in depth analysis of the cognitive functions. :)
Thanks Goose! He already did actually and we discovered ISTP fits a bit better than INTP.

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...stionnaire-2-0-self-type-14.html#post16364146

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Reactions: Jinsei

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
No problem, Jin :D

So I'm assuming, if ISTP fits better than INTP that she is using the Se/Ni axis. Or at least that's what the questionnaire has said, yes?

If that's the case, are we sure on ISTP or is there still something up for debate?
I don't know why I said he lol.. he is a she. Probably because I just watched a video of a guy doing my questionnaire and got my wires crossed. To answer your question though SHE said that the only thing that really felt a bit off was that the ISTP description sounded a bit more self assured. But she attributed that to her having possible social anxiety. She did very much seem more on the Se/Ni axis of things and also seemed a bit more grounded in reality than the future... but still considered both. So I think Se/Ni fits. Ti came out pretty strong too... didn't seem much confusion between Ti over Fe that is shared between both INTP and ISTP... but I have been wrong about that axis before LOLZ!

Happy Easter by the way!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I don't know why I said he lol.. he is a she. Probably because I just watched a video of a guy doing my questionnaire and got my wires crossed. To answer your question though SHE said that the only thing that really felt a bit off was that the ISTP description sounded a bit more self assured. But she attributed that to her having possible social anxiety. She did very much seem more on the Se/Ni axis of things and also seemed a bit more grounded in reality than the future... but still considered both. So I think Se/Ni fits. Ti came out pretty strong too... didn't seem much confusion between Ti over Fe that is shared between both INTP and ISTP... but I have been wrong about that axis before LOLZ!

Happy Easter by the way!
Ah, I see. I think ISTP seems like a good fit for her. :)

Aha, it's okay. I tend to accidentally always refer to TPs as guys and FJs as girls, for some odd reason (doesn't happen as much with TJs and FPs.) Probably something to do with accidental society-instilled gender stereotyping. :frustrating:

Thank you! I hope you have a Happy Easter as well. I'm going to have such a horrendously busy day today with all of my family...ahah, looking forward to that.

Reactions: Jinsei
1 - 8 of 8 Posts