Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think and read, that's all I do. I absorb information like a sponge and feel as if I can intuit things not just on a macro-level but a microlevel aswell. I have recently started learning about dissipative and replicative structures and I'm starting to feel (because that's how I "know" things) that the entire universe is one such structure.

Google "The Phenomenology of Dissipative-Replicative Structures" because there is an interesting .pdg about this topic by Dr. David Keirsey that really explained quite alot of things to me, but I still have so much more I would like to discuss and learn about.

Am I in the process of learning or am I losing touch with reality? Is there even a difference?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think and read, that's all I do. I absorb information like a sponge and feel as if I can intuit things not just on a macro-level but a microlevel aswell. I have recently started learning about dissipative and replicative structures and I'm starting to feel (because that's how I "know" things) that the entire universe is one such structure.

Google "The Phenomenology of Dissipative-Replicative Structures" because there is an interesting .pdg about this topic by Dr. David Keirsey that really explained quite alot of things to me, but I still have so much more I would like to discuss and learn about.

Am I in the process of learning or am I losing touch with reality? Is there even a difference?
There is a difference, but I don't think you are. There's nothing wrong with getting lost in something that you like learning about. However, if you have zero time away from it and no longer think about the world around you, then you might be going a bit too far. It just really depends on if it's effecting your life and relationships negatively or positively.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a difference, but I don't think you are. There's nothing wrong with getting lost in something that you like learning about. However, if you have zero time away from it and no longer think about the world around you, then you might be going a bit too far. It just really depends on if it's effecting your life and relationships negatively or positively.
Thanks for your response. All I can say is that I feel more in tune after I thought about those things than before I think them. If I don't have time to think and absorb information I feel out of place or lost, that does seem to be a problem I guess.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Great question. I feel this way too when I get new information that isn't exactly conventional etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts